Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2001 8:34:28 AM EDT
I just had a kidney transplant on tuesday. It is really getting to me. I was planning on using my recovery time to build an AR, but the St. Paul Police won't issue me a permit to allow me to get the lower reciever. The pain in my side is going away, but i'm just depressed. I'm only 18, and have to sign up for medicare to cover me if health insurance ever lapses. I have always prided myself that I have never had to take public assistance, which is mostly pride in my parents being able to provide, but it is disheartning to think that I am will officially be on public benefits, and to top it off, I can't build my AR because of one person's viewpoint, and I don't have the resources to fight it in court, so if the city attorney won't help me, I will have wasted $100 on a lower, and still not be able to build it until i'm 21, or until I move to a different address where the local police will issue me a permit. I's frustrating, because they are legally required to issue one to me.

Kris Lee
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 8:53:52 AM EDT
[#1]
drive out of saint paul and buy your reciever from a good dealer...
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 8:54:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Kris,

I certainly hope you are feeling better.  I've had some kidney problems in the past, had part of one removed.  Not as serious as your situation.  I wish you the best.
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 8:57:07 AM EDT
[#3]
look on the net for The Tannery Shop. Go to the 'build it yourself' page on this site and find out about 80% complete lowers. A little work in your home shop and you have a lower off the record. Piss on MN laws!
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 8:59:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Piss on MN laws!
View Quote

Hopefully.
Link Posted: 4/19/2001 9:18:11 AM EDT
[#5]
I think I would put the AR in a holding pattern for now. Your health is more important at this stage of your life than worrying about if you can buy a receiver. Thats additional stress that you definitely don't need right now. You can always replace and/or buy a firearm...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top