Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/17/2006 2:26:41 PM EDT
what would happen to joe schmoe if he brandished a gun at a kid who was bullying his kid?

maybe he needs to return to redmedial psychological testing

----------------------------------------------------------
www.abclocal.com
Immigration officer accused of brandishing gun at boyPolice: man pulled his service weapon on a 10-year-old student
Eyewitness News' Tim Fleischer
(New York -WABC, March 17, 2006) - A confrontation between two students at a Queens school playground ended with a father pulling out a gun to settle the dispute. Police say 37-year-old Carlos Ugarte, who is an immigration officer, brandished the gun in front of a ten-year-old boy.

Reporter Tim Fleischer picks up the story.
That federal officer was being questioned here at the 103rd Precinct in Jamaica, Queens. We're told he is being charged with menacing after allegedly brandishing his service weapon at a young child.

Melda Phillips, Grandparent: "This is a very serious thing and parents need to step up."

Melda Phillips and other parents are shocked and outraged. As they came to pick up their children at P.S. 50, they were learning more about the incident on the playground.

Carlos Ugarte, a federal immigration officer and parent, police say, brandished his service weapon at a 10-year-old student who, family members say, had some kind of disagreement with Ugarte's child.

Sherland Thorne, who was dropping off his daughter, saw security officers search for Ugarte after the incident.

Sherland Thorne, Parent: "It makes it worse knowing that he's one of the law, that he'd do something like that."

Other parents are somewhat puzzled that, if there was a disagreement between the students, why it wasn't handled by school officials.

The incident also surprised Jerry Ramrattan, a security consultant who works with law enforcement.

Jerry Ramrattan, Security Consultant: "If two kids can't work out a simple problem, a school problem, adults shouldn't even intervene in a situation like that.

The Office of Homeland Security says it is still collecting evidence in the matter and has yet to decide what, if any, discipline the officer will face.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:05:07 PM EDT
[#1]
definate bump
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:09:28 PM EDT
[#2]
All animals are equal.
Some are just more equal than others.
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:09:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Immigration officer?
What the f*Ck!?
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 6:15:14 PM EDT
[#4]
tag.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 1:22:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Story was in the paper today, apparently he went beyond simple brandishing and actually stuck the muzzle in the kid's belly.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 1:28:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Was the 10yo an illegal imigrant?
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 1:29:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 1:29:51 PM EDT
[#8]
I can't wait for this trainwreck.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 1:34:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Dumbass.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 1:37:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Found it www.nydailynews.com/front/story/400739p-339441c.html

Bully-mad dad aims
gun at boy, 10

BY ERIN EINHORN and ALISON GENDAR
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITERS

Antione Hodges, 10, standing by his house in Queens, was threatened at gunpoint by the father of a school mate.
Jamming the barrel of a handgun into a fifth-grader's belly, an enraged Queens parent threatened to shoot the boy in his school playground yesterday - all because he had punched the man's son - the boy and witnesses said.

"I started to cry. I was thinking he was going to shoot me," the terrified student, Antoine Hodges, 10, told the Daily News.

Antoine said he was walking through the schoolyard of Public School 50 in Jamaica at about 8:15 a.m. when Carlos Ugarte, a federal immigration officer, ran up and grabbed him by the collar.

"Were you messing with my son?" Ugarte asked Antoine, according to the boy.

"Yeah," Antoine responded.

His one-word response allegedly prompted Ugarte - a criminal investigator with the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement - to brandish his weapon and press it against the boy's stomach, Antoine said.

When Antoine started to cry, Ugarte barked, "Don't cry now. Don't cry now," the boy said.

Stunned students and their horrified parents gathered around Antoine and Ugarte. When several people began screaming, Ugarte bolted, witnesses said.

Some parents, seeing the gun but not knowing what was happening, believed Antoine was being kidnapped, said Jason Croome, who witnessed the bizarre scene while dropping off his 7-year-old daughter.

Alerted by school officials and parents, cops began searching for Ugarte and he soon turned himself in at the 103rd Precinct stationhouse. He was only charged with menacing, a misdemeanor, police said.

It wasn't immediately known if the gun was loaded.

Federal authorities put Ugarte on administrative duty and stripped him of his gun and badge pending an investigation, an ICE spokesman said.

Antoine told The News that he had tattled on Ugarte's son, Carlos Jr., when he spoke out of turn in class on Thursday.

When the boys were standing in line at dismissal later in the day, Carlos shoved Antoine and then Antoine slugged him, Antoine said.

An assistant principal pulled the boys apart and said the squabble would be dealt with the next day.

But Ugarte apparently wasn't willing to wait for school officials to settle the dispute. After confronting Antoine outside the school yesterday, Ugarte made him and his son shake hands and agree not to fight, police sources said.

Ugarte, an Army reservist who served in Iraq, then pulled his weapon and warned: "I'll arrest you if you mess with my kid again," police sources said.

Antoine's parents, Denise and Detrich Odom, were furious yesterday.

"I'm shocked. I don't understand how some tit-for-tat between the boys could turn into something like this," said Denise Odom, 36.

Antoine's parents said he told them he never wanted to go back to school, but they have convinced him he'll be okay.

"I should be safe in my environment from lunatics like this," the boy said.

With Oren Yaniv

Link Posted: 3/18/2006 1:38:31 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
what would happen to joe schmoe if he brandished a gun at a kid who was bullying his kid?

maybe he needs to return to redmedial psychological testing

----------------------------------------------------------
www.abclocal.com
Immigration officer accused of brandishing gun at boyPolice: man pulled his service weapon on a 10-year-old student
Eyewitness News' Tim Fleischer
(New York -WABC, March 17, 2006) - A confrontation between two students at a Queens school playground ended with a father pulling out a gun to settle the dispute. Police say 37-year-old Carlos Ugarte, who is an immigration officer, brandished the gun in front of a ten-year-old boy.

Reporter Tim Fleischer picks up the story.
That federal officer was being questioned here at the 103rd Precinct in Jamaica, Queens. We're told he is being charged with menacing after allegedly brandishing his service weapon at a young child.

Melda Phillips, Grandparent: "This is a very serious thing and parents need to step up."

Melda Phillips and other parents are shocked and outraged. As they came to pick up their children at P.S. 50, they were learning more about the incident on the playground.

Carlos Ugarte, a federal immigration officer and parent, police say, brandished his service weapon at a 10-year-old student who, family members say, had some kind of disagreement with Ugarte's child.

Sherland Thorne, who was dropping off his daughter, saw security officers search for Ugarte after the incident.

Sherland Thorne, Parent: "It makes it worse knowing that he's one of the law, that he'd do something like that."

Other parents are somewhat puzzled that, if there was a disagreement between the students, why it wasn't handled by school officials.

The incident also surprised Jerry Ramrattan, a security consultant who works with law enforcement.

Jerry Ramrattan, Security Consultant: "If two kids can't work out a simple problem, a school problem, adults shouldn't even intervene in a situation like that.

The Office of Homeland Security says it is still collecting evidence in the matter and has yet to decide what, if any, discipline the officer will face.

What an idiot

Is this statement supposed to make any sense? Was he high?
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 1:41:33 PM EDT
[#12]
Little punk should have grabbed the pistol and whip the fed with it.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 1:59:45 PM EDT
[#13]
How can the blue liners spin this.  "You werent there."  "The kid might have been a terrorist."  "He broke the law, he had it coming."  
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 2:03:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 2:06:42 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
How can the blue liners spin this.  "You werent there."  "The kid might have been a terrorist."  "He broke the law, he had it coming."  

Officer And he made me pee my pants!!! them kids are scary Officer

Link Posted: 3/18/2006 2:39:42 PM EDT
[#16]
The officer is an idiot.  Plain and simple.  
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 2:47:48 PM EDT
[#17]
I hope that the Agent enjoyed his career while it lasted, because it's gone now.
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 2:49:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Must of been a GLOCK Fo'tay.......
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 9:19:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Sounds like a dumb fuck with a mean bully streak and serious self-control issues.  People like that definitely shouldn't be working in law enforcement.  Probably, this guy won't be, for too much longer.

I noted in one of the posts that this guy is an Army reservist who served in Iraq.  How long before he pulls out the PTSD defense?
Link Posted: 3/18/2006 9:24:01 PM EDT
[#20]
The kid did everyone a favor by getting a moron off the streets before he could really hurt someone.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top