BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/5/2006 7:05:08 AM EDT
Two Michigan Officers Shot In Fatal Standoff

Updated: April 3rd, 2006 10:11 AM EDT

MARC THOMPSON
WOOD TV8

(Battle Creek, April 1, 2006, 6:15 p.m.) 24 Hour News 8 was there when an emotional Triegena Green apologized to neighbors for putting them in harm's way.

Green says she had no idea her live in friend, Tyrone Wilson, was a murder suspect. "I did not know this man was no murderer. I would not let no murderer lay over my kids," Green said.

Green says it was she who opened the door when federal marshals came to her Frisbie Avenue home Friday morning, looking to serve Wilson with a warrant. Out of nowhere, she says, Wilson began shooting. "I thought I was dead," Green said.

During a two hour standoff police say Wilson shot a Federal Marshal in the chest, and Battle Creek Swat Team officer, Robert Miller, in the face, before police snipers shot and killed him.

Both officers survived. Green says she and her three daughters fled the house with police when Wilson started shooting.

"He didn't give us time to get off the porch when he was shooting at us," she said.

Green says she only met Wilson a couple of weeks ago and did not know he was wanted for questioning in several Detroit area homicides or that he was a person of interest in the shooting of a former girlfriend.

Green says she's thankful to be alive. "If the U.S. Marshals didn't come, I was done. Me and my kids was dead."

Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:06:15 AM EDT
[#1]

I did not know this man was no murderer. I would not let no murderer lay over my kids

That hurts my brain just to read.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:11:05 AM EDT
[#2]
I hope the officer recover fully.

Good shoot.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:12:42 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I did not know this man was no murderer. I would not let no murderer lay over my kids

That hurts my brain just to read.

Ma'am, you shouldnt let any man lay over or on your kids.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:13:23 AM EDT
[#4]
So, this woman was banging this dude for a few weeks, and then wants him to play 'daddy'?

If she had caught a bullet, it would have been deserved.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 7:14:10 AM EDT
[#5]
That's why you shouldn't shack up with someone you just met.  
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:07:35 AM EDT
[#6]
It is ashame Miss Green didn't catch a stray bullet.  Her kids would be better off raised by the state.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top