Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/17/2001 6:44:24 AM EDT
I you were going to go into Federal Law Enforcement, which agency would you go to?  I never really see much talk here about the US Secret Service.  What do you think of them?  US Marshals Service?

Thanks,
Chimborazo
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 7:46:40 AM EDT
[#1]
[b]And now for a little humor:[/b]

The LAPD, The FBI, and the CIA are all trying to prove that they are the best at apprehending criminals. The President decides to give them a test. He releases a rabbit into a forest and each of them has to catch.

The CIA goes in. They place animal informants throughout the forest. They question all plant and mineral witnesses. After three months of extensive investigations they conclude that rabbits do not exist.

The FBI goes in. After two weeks with no leads they burn the forest, killing everything in it, including the rabbit, and they make no apologies. The rabbit had it coming.

The LAPD goes in. They come out two hours later with a badly beaten bear. The bear is yelling: "Okay! Okay! I'm a rabbit! I'm a rabbit!
Link Posted: 9/17/2001 1:35:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Like it or not, the FBI really is the lead federal LE agency.  However, they sometimes treat individual employees pretty badly.  FBI agents don’t have the rights of other federal LE agents.

Secret Service is OK for young guys and gals.  The hours and travel get to be pretty bad.  It is an extremely tightly run organization.

Marshalls are good so long as you don’t mind spending a lot of time handling prisoners.  In many ways they are still cowboys.  Lots of internal politics.

One of the better outfits to work for is the Bureau of Customs.  I’m not saying it a good outfit, per se; only that it’s a good outfit to work for.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top