Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2001 1:08:34 PM EDT
I am looking at the federal 62 gr. boxer primed is this anygood for SHTF? Thanks pg[):)] edited cause I can't spell.
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 1:17:25 PM EDT
[#1]
If you reload, Federal brass is too soft for multiple reloads for a gasgun.
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 1:36:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I am looking at the federal 62 gr. boxer primed is this anygood for SHTF? Thanks pg[):)] edited cause I can't spell.
View Quote

As long as its 100% reliable in your rifle, then its good for when the S hits the F. Absolute reliability should be your primary concern.
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 1:52:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

As long as its 100% reliable in your rifle, then its good for when the S hits the F. Absolute reliability should be your primary concern.
View Quote
I have never shot it so don't really know. Have you ever shot any out of an AR?
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 2:29:43 PM EDT
[#4]
I'll second the soft brass comment. Bought some Gold Medal Match 223 brass. They only loaded once, with middle of the road pressure, before the primers would fall out. You actually couldn't get a primer to stay in many of the cases after one firing.
Link Posted: 9/14/2001 2:38:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have not shot any of the 62 gr Federal but I have shot over 2 thousand of the 50 and 55 gr American Eagle with nary a problem.  
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 4:24:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I have not shot any of the 62 gr Federal but I have shot over 2 thousand of the 50 and 55 gr American Eagle with nary a problem.  
View Quote
btt
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 4:30:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote
btt
View Quote

NO, I have not shot the 62gr Federal.

I have shot a bunch of the 55gr FMJ and, in my rifle, it works perfectly.

Really the only way to find out for sure is to shoot some in you rifle. It should work just fine.
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 5:34:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote
btt
View Quote
                                           Me too......works real good in the armalite...no failures to date (about 600 rds)...umc`s work good also...."q" loads....different story...been staying with a/e...why do need 62 grain?........[thinking]
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 6:05:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote
btt
View Quote
                                           Me too......works real good in the armalite...no failures to date (about 600 rds)...umc`s work good also...."q" loads....different story...been staying with a/e...why do need 62 grain?........[thinking]
View Quote
It was what he had but I also have alot of 55 and thought I should get some different + this is BRAND NEW [shtf ya know] I believe it is ae What are "Q" loads. Thanks for the reply [):)] pg
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 8:27:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Winchester "white box" thier second line, compared to a/e to federal.......there was a controversy concerning this ammo last year....it may have cleared up by now...but I for one hav`nt used any since.....lot`s of jamming....my rifle was still fairly new though, and I don`t know if maybe it would function ok now????????...the others did`nt jam however........[:)]
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 9:23:57 AM EDT
[#11]
www.ammoman.com
Link Posted: 9/15/2001 10:08:22 AM EDT
[#12]
never had any problems with function. Not terribly impressed with accuracy. Winchester is dirty. I like the UMC but its 55 gr. I shoot great groups with it and it burns clean. I can clean my rifle with remoil afterwards. My 2 cents. Generally price on the UMC is good, also.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top