Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/10/2010 2:16:35 PM EDT
It's true - and it's high level top secret training, as well. I mean come on, who would ever think to look under my doormat for the package? My doormat always lays over to the side like that with a big box under it.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 2:17:19 PM EDT
[#1]
morons

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 2:19:37 PM EDT
[#2]
There is a sign on my front door instructing any package deliverers to drop off the package between the glass storm door and my front door.

Tricky thing is there are two doors on the side of the house.  They leave stuff by the back door, despite giving them notice to leave them between the doors.

Assheads at FedEx left video games in a pile of snow next to the door in December for fuck's sake.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 2:20:24 PM EDT
[#3]
So...  What's the problem?
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 2:22:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Looks good to go. Lot's of packages getting stolen off doorsteps are crimes of opportunity. Doing this decreases many people from ever seeing it.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 2:23:05 PM EDT
[#5]
better there than under the snail
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 2:24:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Yeah I know they are crimes of opportunity, but come on - this almost makes it MORE obvious.

Quoted:

Good point.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 2:25:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Thats for hiding the door key.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 2:25:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

No that's where I hide my gold and my extra cash.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 2:26:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Your package wasn't thrown on your porch from the truck, so no big deal.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 2:26:57 PM EDT
[#10]
My personal favorite FedEx moment was when we had a $40,000 camera delivered to the office. The FedEx guy chucked the box about 15 feet across the room. It was marked with five "FRAGILE!" stickers.

I said "Hey, what the fuck?"

He replied, "You think they don't treat them worse than that at the depot?"

Stay classy, FedEx.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 2:27:39 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 2:28:07 PM EDT
[#12]
I had a package fedex dropped off today.  Same thing under my door mat.  

The sticker saying my package was delivered and where it was was stuck to the box itsself.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 2:29:47 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

It's true - and it's high level top secret training, as well. I mean come on, who would ever think to look under my doormat for the package? My doormat always lays over to the side like that with a big box under it.

http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j137/rizzo1318/Ads/IMG_20100907_181004.jpg

I think we are in the same area because my Fedex guy does the same thing. At least my mat is big enough to fit over the package but still, who really thinks that would fool anyone?

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 2:31:07 PM EDT
[#14]
A couple of years back Fed Ex dropped a box of guns from CZ meant for Impact Guns on my doorstep without a signature.  There were CZ-75s, 97s, 427s and a bunch of accessories.

Fed Ex were complete dicks and I had to be the one to run out to their depot and get a local manager to accept the package (after confirming the contents against the packing list).

It happened again a couple of weeks later but luckily my wife caught them trying to drop it off and refused to sign.

Turns out my customer number at CZ was similar enough to that of Impact Guns' that a dyslexic shipping clerk was entering me for them.

CZ sent me a cap and a couple of other goodies!  
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 9:27:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
My personal favorite FedEx moment was when we had a $40,000 camera delivered to the office. The FedEx guy chucked the box about 15 feet across the room. It was marked with five "FRAGILE!" stickers.

Stay classy, FedEx.

My company recently shipped a $350,000 jet engine.   It was bolted to its own custom shipping pallet and was completely enclosed by 5/8 thick plywood with steel angle on all the corners. Probably weighed 2,000 pounds, 3ft x 3ft x 8ft.  Caution and warning stickers plastered all over it.

It arrived with the entire top cover and sides missing, splintered wood all around, and a 4" hole punched through the side of the engine.

And NOBODY at FedEx has the slightest idea how it happened.  

And they have called in the lawyers to fight the claim.

UPS was just as bad.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 9:36:28 PM EDT
[#16]
When will they receive training on how to get my package delivered on the day its supposed to?
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 9:39:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Stay classy, FedEx.

My company recently shipped a $350,000 jet engine.   It was bolted to its own custom shipping pallet and was completely enclosed by 5/8 thick plywood with steel angle on all the corners. Probably weighed 2,000 pounds, 3ft x 3ft x 8ft.  Caution and warning stickers plastered all over it.

It arrived with the entire top cover and sides missing, splintered wood all around, and a 4" hole punched through the side of the engine.

UPS was just as bad.

Sorry

But:

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 9:42:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Stay classy, FedEx.

UPS was just as bad.

Fine print im sure.

Your product/package may/maynot be damaged due to forklift training/certification day/week.
We FedEx/Federal express may/may not be held liable/not liable for your damaged/undamaged goods.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 9:44:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Stay classy, FedEx.

I once worked at a Post Office sub-station.  Chances are the more times "fragile" is visible on a box, the more it has been abused.  It's horrible, but it's true.  Too many people have little to no respect for other peoples' property.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 9:47:45 PM EDT
[#20]
I've had crates of ammo dropped off and FedEx was nice enough to "try" and cover them up with trashcan lids.  Can't complain.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 9:50:04 PM EDT
[#21]
They did such a good job that I have no idea what you are talking about. All I see is a doormat on it's side.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 9:52:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I've had crates of ammo dropped off and FedEx was nice enough to "try" and cover them up with trashcan lids.  Can't complain.

No shit?  I had some A-arms and axle delivered though fed ex once, well one arm was taped to the box, the axle was punched through the other end, and the box placed in a snowbank.

This a 6 or 7 years ago.  I will say the boxes are less beat up, but they still suck at timelines.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 9:56:34 PM EDT
[#23]
I heard UPS left a Barrett 82A1 on some guys doorstep coming back from getting fixed or something. It would up getting snagged off the guys doorstep.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 9:57:30 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

not if the thief is a snailaphobe

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 10:01:44 PM EDT
[#25]
At least the guy put some thought and effort into it.

The boxes left by my Fedex guy look like they were thrown at my door from the sidewalk
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 10:14:43 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I heard UPS left a Barrett 82A1 on some guys doorstep coming back from getting fixed or something. It would up getting snagged off the guys doorstep.

Bohica Arms shipped me one of their POS uppers to a wrong address clear across town. Luckily I was able to drive over there and snag it off their porch.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 10:17:37 PM EDT
[#27]
I came home and found an Uzi on my front porch once
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 10:19:36 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
My company recently shipped a $350,000 jet engine.

This is why there are carriers that specialize in this kind of work... Who the hell would send that by FedEx or UPS?

I remember getting a box that was so mangled I thought I had just received a super-sized boomerang...
It turned out to be my new lightweight profile AR15 barrel...
And don't ask me how the fuck it happened, but the barrel was fine and shoots great!

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 10:24:24 PM EDT
[#29]
I've got that same mat. No snail tho.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top