Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/28/2005 3:46:51 PM EDT
Well, it's finally happened to me. FedEx lost the Christmas present my wife had ordered from me from DSA (ACOG scope mount for an FAL).

Good thing is, DSA insisted on having it delivered "signature required". They delivered it on December 24th to someoone else's house - we were home at the supposed delivery time.  The details on FedEx's website says "Left on porch. Signature Service not requested." Goody...

FedEx says it'll be 24-48 hours until they find out more. DSA says that the only way they'll ship out another mount is if I pay for it. In the meantime, I'm sitting here without the mount and my CC charged. I'm sure it'll get resolved eventually, but in the meantime it's PISSING ME OFF.

[Edited to correct the spelling of the title]
Link Posted: 12/28/2005 3:52:19 PM EDT
[#1]
FedEx changed their residential delivery policy to not require signatures by default. You have to pay extra for a signature on residential delivery now.

ETA Get a letter from DSA stating they did have residential signature required, or reverse the charge.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 10:08:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Suck it up!

You'll get your mount... someday.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 11:07:18 AM EDT
[#3]
FedEx just lost a truck, two trailers and a driver the other day. They went over the side of Vail Pass. Several hundred feet down, I think. Must have been one hella' ride for the driver. Yes, she was killed.

The news was all over it because there were several containers of "low grade explosives" on board. "But it didn't explode." Or ignite or burn or.... From the one picture I saw I thought I saw what looked like a couple of kegs of gunpowder. More "news worthy" than barbie dolls, power tools and toilet seats I guess.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 12:04:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Is there a link?
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 12:04:59 PM EDT
[#5]
I didn't think Christmas was allowed to be celebrated in Russia?  
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 12:21:10 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Is there a link?

Here's one. The local paper had a bigger article but you have to register to read past news.

Grand Junction Daily Sentinel

Rocky Mtn. News

She was west bound out of Denver so I doubt she had Zhukov's package. But the way shippers send crap around she very well might have.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 4:47:02 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Well, it's finally happened to me. FedEx lost the Christmas present my wife had ordered from me from DSA (ACOG scope mount for an FAL).

Good thing is, DSA insisted on having it delivered "signature required". They delivered it on December 24th to someoone else's house - we were home at the supposed delivery time.  The details on FedEx's website says "Left on porch. Signature Service not requested." Goody...

FedEx says it'll be 24-48 hours until they find out more. DSA says that the only way they'll ship out another mount is if I pay for it. In the meantime, I'm sitting here without the mount and my CC charged. I'm sure it'll get resolved eventually, but in the meantime it's PISSING ME OFF. he

That is exactly what happened to us!  My husband won a wireless card on ebay and they said that it was left on the front porch and I was here as well as my father.  WTF....they gave the same crappy answer...3-5 business days till I will hear anything.  Well that was not a cheap purchase and if they screwed up they will be paying me for it!  
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 5:45:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Current status: DSA is filing a claim, they'll hear back in 5 business days. So in the meantime, I'm out of luck. I have spoken with DSA, and gave them my CC to send me another mount. They're using UPS this time. You can bet your butt that if FedEx decides to disallow the charge, that I'm going to stop payment on the initial DSA shipment. I ordered merchandise, I did not receive said merchandise, and there's no way in hell I'm going to be stuck holding the bag.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 5:58:52 PM EDT
[#9]
I ordered some magazines from Cheaper Than Dirt.  According to FedEx, they were left by my front door on the porch on December 15.  By December 19, they still had not shown up.  I called CTD and told them what happened.  They sent me a replacement shipment at NO CHARGE bu USPS priority.  Now, remember this was on December 19.  The lady at CTD said I would probably not get them before Christmas due to the volume of mail.  I got them on December 22.  That's what I call service.  As for FedEx, CTD was doing an inquiry from their end.  They said I could expect to hear from FedEx in a couple of days.  Almost two weeks later, I still have not heard from them.

I hope your other ACOG shows up soon; and, that DSA makes FedEx cough up the funds for the missing one.

Lifesaver
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 7:14:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Lifesaver:

My wife is pissed at me for not going after DSA. She says it's SHITTY customer service to make me wait and deal with the problem. After hearing your story, I'm starting to agree. FWIW - I'm getting my scope mount, and I'm only paying for one - I don't care HOW they work it out. Grrrr.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 7:17:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 7:21:05 PM EDT
[#12]
UPS isn't much better.  Coupla Exchanges ago, Wiggy762 sent me some WC mags - UPS delivered it to my new neighbor - the one that I had yet to meet.

UPS logged it in as delivered to me.  I told them I never got it.  They said they delivered it to me.

Luckily, the new neighbor was cool, and gave the pkg to the mgr.

I called UPS and they said that was an acceptable thing for them to do.

R I G H T !  Transport pkg addressed to Backstop, hand to Backstop's neighbor, log into computer as delivered to Backstop.

Sheesh...

Hope this resolves well for you.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 7:49:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Well, in all honesty - shit happens. I'm not *THAT* upset at FedEx. It was the holiday season, but they should have figured it out. As many packages as FedEx and UPS handle, it's expected that there's some screwups. I'm always amused by people who claim that FedEx sucks and swear by UPS, and vice-versa. I get packages from UPS most of the time, and haven't had that problem, so DSA is gonna ship it UPS. I know the UPS guy by sight, and I'm sure he'll know my address.

Now one other thing that ticks me off is the fact that there's obviously *somebody* that's gotten a package delivered to their house that didn't belong to them, and didn't bother notifying FedEx that they delivered a package to the wrong house. Jerks...
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 8:09:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 8:19:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Don't feel bad. My mother shipped out a package via USPS on 12/19 with my kids' Xmas presents in it. It's now 12/31, it still hasn't shown up, and they (USPS) have no idea where it is.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 8:31:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Right now I am waiting on a claim for UPS because I ordered a RRA midlength upper and an ARMS BUIS from ADCO and the package arrived with a 8 inch gash and no BUIS.  The lady called me and said I needed to hold the package for 5 business days in case they wanted to inspect it, but thats all thats happened so far.  If I thought it was Steve at ADCO's fault, I would dispute the charge, but I know its not so thats not an option because that would just cause him problems.  If I don't hear from them by the middle of next week I'm calling the local branch.  
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 11:16:07 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Now one other thing that ticks me off is the fact that there's obviously *somebody* that's gotten a package delivered to their house that didn't belong to them, and didn't bother notifying FedEx that they delivered a package to the wrong house. Jerks...

I don't know about you but I'm always needing ACOG mounts for FALs, and when I get one for free I keep quiet about it.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 7:41:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Another little update: The FedEx guy came by this evening. Our street makes a 90 degree turn, and where it does, it change from our street to another street name, and it just turns out that the one of the first house numbers you run into there is the same as ours. He pretty much admitted that he delivered the package over there and was going to try to track it down.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top