Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/17/2011 3:04:56 AM EDT
The Coast Guard Academy in New London, Conn., hosts a myriad of varsity and club sports; however, only a few of those sports are directly applicable to the line of work performed by Coast Guard officers in the fleet.  One of the few exceptions is the Coast Guard Academy Combat Arms Team, and on Feb. 26, 10 of the team's members gathered in Springfield, Mass., to participate in the 2011 International Defensive Pistol Association Winter Nationals.

Rest of the story here.

http://www.piersystem.com/go/doc/2487/1040627/

Trying to expand their knowledge and skills handling firearms...... road blocks are everywhere!  

Link Posted: 3/17/2011 3:21:32 AM EDT
[#1]

I am just glad I went through Bootcamp when you still actually shot a real gun. Now they shoot in a simulater.

Link Posted: 3/17/2011 3:45:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Both 1911's and M9's when I went to Cape May.
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 3:53:19 PM EDT
[#3]

Link Posted: 3/17/2011 3:53:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Always good to hear about your team Gunner

Link Posted: 3/17/2011 3:57:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Cool
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 4:06:27 PM EDT
[#6]
It's getting harder to train and compete, our authorization to use unit arms and ammo was rescinded two weeks ago.   (we've not been able to use them since the walls of steel match last August, but now it's official)

We can't even use them in the Joint Service Academy Combat Weapons Competition coming up in April or the West Point 2 Gun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top