Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/8/2001 9:20:00 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/8/2001 9:39:39 PM EDT
[#1]
[b]Campus Police Capt. Bob Chaffee said officials are trying to discourage other students from getting gun permits. "It doesn't strike me that it makes the campus any safer to have a lot of guns on campus," he said.[/b]

He's carrying his weapon. My nomination for head idiot goes to Mr. Chaffee
Link Posted: 9/8/2001 9:58:37 PM EDT
[#2]

The permits are good for as long as the sheriff stays in office.
View Quote

OK, you have the permit as long as the politician stays in office?  That's screwy.  That's like saying my business license is only good as long as the current mayor is in power, or my commission in the armed forces is only good until my chief gets elected-out.  That just doesn't make sense.  Oh never mind, the laws were written by politicians for politicians.

I'm glad to see that students have the option of carrying on campus (atleast in some places) in Colorado.  Here in South Carolina, that is not allowed, even with a permit.  I've had several nieces and nephews, and their children, that went to the University of South Carolina.  Not a one came away from that dangerous place unscathed.  Last fall, my great-niece found a dead man in her front yard.  The police didn't know whether he had been beaten to death or hit by several cars, nor did they care.  The city police never once asked her or her roommates a single question about the incident.  My niece later called a homicide detective to ask (she was curious) what they had found-out, and he said they didn't have the manpower to look into every homicide.  That just doesn't give me a secure feeling.  She now carries even though state law guarantees that the university provide criminals with unarmed victims.
Link Posted: 9/8/2001 11:39:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I think we need to take up a permit fund for Jacob Leis.
View Quote

I'll chip in $10.  Can GoatBoy (or another mod) pin this thread to the top 'til we get the money together?
Link Posted: 9/9/2001 10:24:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/9/2001 10:33:22 PM EDT
[#5]
CSU spokesman Tom Milligan said they would rather the women rely on "safety measures?" Well, dumbsh*t, a (insert handgun of choice here) is a pretty good safety measure against a rapist.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top