Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/20/2017 1:13:06 PM EDT
I've never grilled chicken wings before and want to see what the hives recommends.  Ill be pairing my wings with a few cold beers as well.  

So what is your go-to grilled chicken wing recipe?!
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 1:14:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Cavenders greek seasoning applied liberally.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 1:18:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Sorry, I'm a purist.  Naked, deep fried and dressed with 75% Franks Red Hot and 25% Melted butter.
REAL Bleu cheese dressing with celery AND carrot batons.  

I'm pretty sure you could just grill the over charcoal and dress them with 75% Franks Red Hot and 25% Melted butter.
REAL Bleu cheese dressing with celery AND carrot batons and they would be tasty...
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 1:21:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 1:22:56 PM EDT
[#4]
deep fried with hot sauce

We have a cooking forum section

cooking
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 1:28:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Grilled over lump charcoal while being basted with Red Hot/Butter. Keep it simple.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 1:30:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Put a vat of oil on the grill.  Throw wings in vat of oil when it gets to temp.  Toss wings in sauce.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 1:38:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Cook in oven for 30 minutes at 350. Put in franks and butter toss. Finish on grill to get that good grilled flavor. You can baste the leftover sauce as they grill.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 1:43:24 PM EDT
[#8]
If you like breaded wings, Dizzy Pig BBQ has a great recipe.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 1:43:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 1:46:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
I like to do them this way.

Grilled, you could season them with salt and pepper and then toss in ranch powder mix.

If you want to go all out: Mix 1)cajun seasoning, 2)hot sauce 3)bbq sauce, 4) ranch powder, 5) parmesan cheese (the cheap, finely grated stuff), and 6)mayo. Don't put in a ton of bbq sauce, and just a TINY bit of mayo. The mayo just sort of brings it all together. Go light on the cajun and ranch, and taste it, because it can get very salty. Yes, it's a fatty recipe
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 1:47:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Grilled on the Big Green Egg.
Grilled in-direct. with something underneath to catch the fat dripping to keep in from flaring up and burning them.

I thawed them, then seasoned them with a dry BBQ chicken rub. (Dizzy Dust)
Let them set for afew hours, while I took a nap.
But then put them on the grill at about 325 for about 15  minutes.
Flipped them and let them cook for another 10 minutes or so.

Pulled the off the grill, and covered them thoroughly in BBQ sauce. (Sweet Baby Rays)
While getting the grill as hot, as fast as I can shooting for about 400 - 450.
And putting them back for another 10 minutes or so.

Link Posted: 4/20/2017 1:48:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Only in GD....

-Naked, deep fried and dressed
-Not grilled - but oven fried...
-deep fried with hot sauce
-Put a vat of oil on the grill. Throw wings in vat of oil when it gets to temp. Toss wings in sauce.
-Cook in oven for 30 minutes at 350.
-If you like breaded wings
-Alton Brown's steamed and baked recipe

Glad we could help
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 1:51:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Only in GD....

-Put a vat of oil on the grill. Throw wings in vat of oil when it gets to temp. Toss wings in sauce.

Glad we could help
View Quote
The breaded Dizzy Pig method is for grilled wings, but thanks for your useless cynicism.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 1:51:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Only in GD....

Glad we could help
View Quote
You forgot glock 19
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 1:52:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

The breaded Dizzy Pig method is for grilled wings, but thanks for your useless cynicism.
View Quote
Don't get pissy
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 1:56:01 PM EDT
[#16]
When I do wings, I brine them overnight, then smoke them at around 300 degrees.  While they are smoking, I make up a simple batch of sauce that contains whatever bbq sauce I have on hand, some melted butter, honey and Franks to taste.  Once the wings are done, I toss the wings in the sauce really well, then I grill them to caramelize the sauce and crisp up the skin a bit.  

The brine recipe is

1 cup salt
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup of lemon juice
1/4 cup of course pepper
A scoop or two of minced garlic
Per gallon of water  

People eat them up!
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 1:59:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Damn, I didn't realize I asked how to make deep friend buffalo wings.

Only in GD though
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 2:00:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Don't get pissy
View Quote
Don't be shit-talkin' my fellow GD retatrds!  
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 2:00:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
When I do wings, I brine them overnight, then smoke them at around 300 degrees.  While they are smoking, I make up a simple batch of sauce that contains whatever bbq sauce I have on hand, some melted butter, honey and Franks to taste.  Once the wings are done, I toss the wings in the sauce really well, then I grill them to caramelize the sauce and crisp up the skin a bit.  

The brine recipe is

1 cup salt
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup of lemon juice
1/4 cup of course pepper
A scoop or two of minced garlic
Per gallon of water  

People eat them up!
View Quote
That does sound pretty tasty!
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 2:03:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Chicken wings are for crab bait
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 2:04:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Grilled. Then tossed in a wok with Frank's Red Hot and butter, until the sauce is nice and sticky and wings are evenly covered.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 2:05:57 PM EDT
[#22]
This

Wings have enough fat to cook themselves. No need for deep fry. Oven perfect vessel for cooking.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 2:08:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

That does sound pretty tasty!
View Quote
It's a lot of damn work, but they are pretty damn good.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 2:12:38 PM EDT
[#24]
Keep it simple.

It's best to brine in a salt/sugar water solution for a couple of hours, but it's not absolutely necessary. The brined wings will be moister and slightly caramelized.

Grill wings on medium-highish heat until the skin is crisp and the fat rendered out. Watch for flare-ups. You don't need to turn them more than once.

Melt butter and mix with hot sauce. The ratio and sauce brand is up to you depending on how hot and wet you like your wings. Texas Pete and Frank's are good. Tabasco cannot be used. My favorite is a Panamanian garlicky habanero sauce a friend gave me.

Toss the wings in the sauce. Eat.

You can mess around with them all you want, but nothing short of smoking them followed by a deep fry will taste better than this method.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 2:13:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Grilled over lump charcoal while being basted with Red Hot/Butter. Keep it simple.
View Quote
bought a six dollar pack of wings on a whim this morning ...used to smoke them for a couple hours or just grill um...today I will grill and baste with butter and franks while using the hot heat of grill  
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 2:17:31 PM EDT
[#26]
I use a vortex in a Weber. Place a chunk of wood in the center. Wings are done in 30 minutes 

Link Posted: 4/20/2017 2:28:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I use a vortex in a Weber. Place a chunk of wood in the center. Wings are done in 30 minutes 

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb274/UJLBee/IMG_4901.jpg
View Quote
That's pretty. I like it!
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 3:10:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Here's my recipe.  A bit labor intensive but the results are worth it.

Link Posted: 4/20/2017 3:19:07 PM EDT
[#29]
if you can't grill a piece of any kind of meat using nothing more than a few random spices and have people asking for more, you need to just toss your grill into the lake
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 3:19:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Hell, I just toss em in some olive oil and Aunt Janes Crazy Mixed Up Salt then on the grill they go.

EZPZ and deelish
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 3:32:18 PM EDT
[#31]
Grilled....?  Nope.  I usually fry them for about 12 minutes, naked, then dress them with wing sauce and bake at 410 for about 10 mins.  On healthy days I just bake them, based twice, for about 90 minutes total at 410.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 3:48:29 PM EDT
[#32]
The cavanders and grilled is good. Also try maranate is Stubbs chicken baste overnight then grill
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top