Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/25/2001 3:38:58 PM EDT
Yesturday I had a chance to go out shooting with my Father who, I must say, is the greatest guy I know.  I had so much fun.  It was just nice to get out there and talk with my Dad and do something we both enjoy.  I would highly recommend that anyone here on the list take there Father or Son out shooting.
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 3:45:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Good advice...and that goes for mothers and daughters, too!
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 3:55:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 4:30:29 PM EDT
[#3]
The last thing my dad and I did together was go shooting at my Grandma's.  When he was younger he was an expert shot, but time and diabetes was robbing him of his sight.  He was sitting on a picnic table and was having trouble hitting a target at 15 yards.  He said he was sorry he was wasting ammo because he was missing the target.  I told him it was ok and I moved the target to 7 yards.  He did better and we both shot and talked and I am grateful for the experience.  He died 10 days later.
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 4:44:36 PM EDT
[#4]
I shoot with my Dad every chance I get.

He is an excellent shot and is the epitomy of a well trained individual.

My step son OTH, can't seem to remember to stop sweeping everyone around him...........yes, it is only a single shot chipmunk, but that is not the point is it?

His lack of ability to pay attention is so frustrating that we rarely go anymore......maybe later huh?
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 6:28:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
my dad was an anti until last year. a drunk tried to kick his hotel door in one night and made him an instant progunner. I bought him a makarov and he comes to range every chance he gets now.

mike
View Quote

What was the diffinition of a conservative?  "a liberal that been mugged."

Quoted:
The last thing my dad and I did together was go shooting at my Grandma's.  When he was younger he was an expert shot, but time and diabetes was robbing him of his sight.  He was sitting on a picnic table and was having trouble hitting a target at 15 yards.  He said he was sorry he was wasting ammo because he was missing the target.  I told him it was ok and I moved the target to 7 yards.  He did better and we both shot and talked and I am grateful for the experience.  He died 10 days later.
View Quote

That is one of the things I hate about getting old.  All of he elders that you grew up with, that kidded with you etc, are dying off.  An sure indication that you are getting old.  Yep, agreed; you shout get to know your elders before it is too late.
Link Posted: 9/25/2001 7:08:46 PM EDT
[#6]
My dad and I go shooting on a regular basis... I turned him on to tin cans with 10 22's @ 100 yards... he quit shooting his other rifles.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top