Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/7/2001 2:24:36 PM EDT
I had the best time today took my son shooting. He shot the 10/22 target rifle with heavy bbl and stock. I shot the winchester 70 heavy varmint 223 rem and the M1A. Looking forward to doing it again. I think my son is hooked. Just wait till he starts with the AR15 and pistols. I think I got a loyal shooting partner. Thank God Finally after all these years!

Link Posted: 7/7/2001 2:31:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Congratulations, I can garuantee your son did love it. Luckily my uncle took me hunting. I sure wish my father had. I'm 19 and way ahead of the shooting curve now. [0j]Subvertz
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 2:52:05 PM EDT
[#2]
[url]http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=26515[/url]

Heres a link when I took my son the first time.
How old is your boy.Was this his first time.
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 2:54:32 PM EDT
[#3]
i have a friend that does a lot of father son compition. his wall is covered in trophys. him and his oldest son get 1st, and him and hin youngest son get 2nd place
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 3:02:04 PM EDT
[#4]
He is 12 and he shot out of state before but this was a real shoot where we stayed for a while and I tought him. He shot the 10/22(scoped) at 200 yards and he was in the black on a 200 yard target 75% of the time. He wants to go next week again. I guess I have a new shooting partner. He did well I am proud. At 16 he can go for center fire rifles. I am thinking of making an AR15 in 22LR just for him. I got the extra receiver. I am a proud father I feel like giving out cigars.
Link Posted: 7/7/2001 3:36:02 PM EDT
[#5]
You should be proud!

I have my son's first grouping from a Crossman air rifle and his first grouping from a 10/22 hanging above my work bench.  He was six the first time he shot them.  He's seven now.  I take him to the range with me whenever possible.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top