Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/3/2003 8:23:58 PM EDT
This is not to degrade women of size, but I have noticed something.  Being a truck driver, I drive 500 to 700 miles a day and see a lot of things going on in cars.  I have noticed that whenever a woman of size passes me, she is always eating.  Every once in a while, you will see and average or skinny woman eating something, but practically every "fat chick" is always driving down the road stuffing her face.  

Just a [s]question...[/s]comment....
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 8:32:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Well DUHHHHH.  How do you think a person gets fat, breathing?

And what's this about a question?  There's no question in your post.

[whacko]

[:)]

Link Posted: 7/3/2003 8:34:22 PM EDT
[#2]
I think Dennis Leary said it best.
"STOP EATING!!!!!"
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 8:38:41 PM EDT
[#3]
everyday on my way to work I go through a nearby town and in the most congested part of town is a MacDonald's in the middle of the block. Man, if I see a fat, greasy chick in a beater car I grab the wheel with both hands and get ready. Almost been hit several times there and they all have the same look: Fat, unkempt, glazed over eyes and they will run you right off the damn road if it means getting in that drive thru lane 5 seconds sooner.

Ban MacDonalds. For the children.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 8:46:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Not just fat chicks.  I worked with this guy who is a good 450+ and he never stopped eating.  We worked in a shop installing truck and car accessories, and he had a drawer in his toolbox devoted to snacks.  Every 5 minutes the guy had some little debbie cake or moon pie and he's stuffing his face with it.  Yet, he claims he has a problem with his lymph nodes or something.  Hey Chris, did ya think that if you stopped eating and got your ass on a treadmill, the "problem with your lymph nodes" may magically disappear?  I was in the USMC with a guy who went from 355 to 215 in 8 months so he could join up.  After boot he was 185 and I would never have thought he could have weighed over 300 lbs.  
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 11:00:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 11:13:38 PM EDT
[#6]
This chick at work today told me that her doctor said that it wasn't her fault she was fat.  The doc had told her it was because of her birth-control pills[rolleyes].
It took every ounce of control for me to say "Bitch, why you takin' birth-control pills?  Your fat ugly ass is all you need for that."  But no, I was the gentleman and smiled sympathetically and said :  "Well, at least you don't have zits."
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 11:16:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Fat women & men like to go to those "All you can eat" type diners like "Hometown Buffet" I
went there once and noticed a lot of overweight
people eat at those places? they keep going back for seconds or thirds, then desert, they
probably spend a couple hours in there pigging
out? when I left they were still in there eating.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 11:19:42 PM EDT
[#8]
[img]http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid67/pcef5ef32d32c1e7206844a67bf587ca6/fbc92c65.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 11:29:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Hey, I like that "Fat women are fed up"!! That's good!!

Link Posted: 7/3/2003 11:29:33 PM EDT
[#10]
I see guys at buffets at the truck stops.  I am 5'10" and 175#.  Not all truckers are fat.  But some of them I see basically roll out of the truck and waddel inside so they can wipe out the buffet.  I also agree that this bit about being genetically predisposed is a crock of horse shit.  The only way I can buy that is that they are genetically predisposed to stuffing their gaping maw with whatever happens to end up at hand.  The reason I commented on the women, is that some fat men will be eating but the extreme majority of fat women will be stuffing their face while driving.  Earlier today I had a car pull up beside me at a red light.  This woman had to be 300# and her kid in the back was about as wide as he was tall.  They were both sucking on jumbo milk shakes and she had super sized fries in the seat next to her.  I was so tempted to holler out the window that if was wasn't cramming lard down her throat it wouldn't be stuffing her ass...  But I restrained myself.  Why do people do things like that to themselves?
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 11:43:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Do you ever notice who a lot of fat women end up marrying?
Shows you how bad their self-concept is!
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 11:53:44 PM EDT
[#12]
I used to work at an insurance company processing medical claims, and boy let me tell you, that place was a veritable fat farm.  I shit you not, at least 95% of the employees were overweight.  Of course, it didn't help that they were popping coins into the snack vending machines during every break, and eating 2 servings of whatever at lunch time.  "I'm just genetically fat".  Sure buddy.  The 5 bags of Doritos and the 2 liter bottle of soda sitting on your desk have absolutely nothing to do with it, right?  I'm sure that large pizza and supersized McDonald's meal you wolfed down for lunch was just loaded with nutritional goodness. [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 1:06:39 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I see guys at buffets at the truck stops.  I am 5'10" and 175#.  Not all truckers are fat.  But some of them I see basically roll out of the truck and waddel inside so they can wipe out the buffet.  I also agree that this bit about being genetically predisposed is a crock of horse shit.  The only way I can buy that is that they are genetically predisposed to stuffing their gaping maw with whatever happens to end up at hand.  The reason I commented on the women, is that some fat men will be eating but the extreme majority of fat women will be stuffing their face while driving.  Earlier today I had a car pull up beside me at a red light.  This woman had to be 300# and her kid in the back was about as wide as he was tall.  They were both sucking on jumbo milk shakes and she had super sized fries in the seat next to her.  I was so tempted to holler out the window that if was wasn't cramming lard down her throat it wouldn't be stuffing her ass...  But I restrained myself.  Why do people do things like that to themselves?
View Quote

Ok..I read your thread and I'm going to comment and I'm not going to be nice.

First off, what the fuck business is it of yours what she, or any other woman, shoves down their throats? Have you walked in their shoes and know all about their medical history or life? Did you ever think that overeating could be a mental problem? Do you know what these people have been through in their lives? Is your body or life so perfect you can stand in judgement of others?

I am so sick of some of you guys on this board who have nothing better to do than get into other peoples lives and business. No better than busy body little old ladies. "Why do [u]fat chicks[/u] eat so much? But I'm not trying to offend anyone" Sorry pal, offense was done by using the "fat chick" comment..Unintentional of course, right? She doesn't owe you an explaination!!!

What she sticks in her mouth is none of your business. It doesn't cost you anything. It doesn't affect your paycheck or your family, does it? If you don't like the way she looks, DON'T LOOK!

And if you're wondering why I am in your business, your post is on a public board and to me it was offensive... But, I am a big boy and I can handle it, so post away...

BTW, 65% of America is overweight...You might want to get used to it.

IBTL
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 1:40:46 AM EDT
[#14]
Or not How about a little change of eating habits,the average car has to have the seat belt lenghtned just for this reason!

Most of those 65% obese people cant use the steering wheel properly!

Lighten up(I meant that literally)Francis!

Bob [:D]

Link Posted: 7/4/2003 1:52:31 AM EDT
[#15]
Double standards sure are neat.
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 2:35:02 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

IBTL
View Quote

It is time for 65% of America to put down the TV remote and get a little exercise.  You can eat whatever food you want if burn it off.

I am a former 'fat' guy.  I went from a sedentary lifestyle to being a runner/biker.  I've gone from 210 to 145 pounds.  I've run marathons, rode century's, completed triathlons...

Don't get used to it.  Do something about it.  Have a little self-respect for yourself.  If I can do it, anyone can.
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 2:46:26 AM EDT
[#17]
Gee...guess you aren't into Size Acceptance, eh?

gwen
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 4:03:12 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

First off, what the fuck business is it of yours what she, or any other woman, shoves down their throats? Have you walked in their shoes and know all about their medical history or life? Did you ever think that overeating could be a mental problem? Do you know what these people have been through in their lives? Is your body or life so perfect you can stand in judgement of others?

I am so sick of some of you guys on this board who have nothing better to do than get into other peoples lives and business. No better than busy body little old ladies. "Why do [u]fat chicks[/u] eat so much? But I'm not trying to offend anyone" Sorry pal, offense was done by using the "fat chick" comment..Unintentional of course, right? She doesn't owe you an explaination!!!

What she sticks in her mouth is none of your business. It doesn't cost you anything. It doesn't affect your paycheck or your family, does it? If you don't like the way she looks, DON'T LOOK!

And if you're wondering why I am in your business, your post is on a public board and to me it was offensive... But, I am a big boy and I can handle it, so post away...

IBTL
View Quote

What a bunch of nonsense.  I've read your drivel and will respond in kind.

Are you a little chunky yourself?  Got space between those rolls to hide a .45?  

I'm so dumbfounded by what you wrote that I almost don't know where to begin.  Because 65% of the people in America are overweight, we are all supposed to jump on the hot dog eatin, fried food chowing bandwagon?  We are all supposed to throw away the many, many good things in life that can only be enjoyed when in decent - not perfect - shape?  You want me to get so big that I can no longer hike to some of the most beautiful places in the world that fat people can only see in pictures?  

As for the medical history of those "endowed" with lard - it doesn't matter one bit.  There is no excuse to lose control of one's appetite.  Yes, that's exactly what it is.  Calories in and calories out.  If, over an extended period, your daily intake calories are [b]greater than[/b] your daily burned calories, you will expand.  Likewise, if over that period your daily intake calories are [b]less than[/b] your daily burned calories, you will contract.  It really is just that simple.  You absolutely [size=4]cannot[/size=4] gain weight without eating more than you are expending.  Genetics, "medical history", and depression matter not.  Calories in and out is the answer.  Think about it a bit next time you look in the mirror.    
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 4:06:07 AM EDT
[#19]

First off, what the fuck business is it of yours what she, or any other woman, shoves down their throats? Have you walked in their shoes and know all about their medical history or life? Did you ever think that overeating could be a mental problem?

IBTL
View Quote

I for one agree that being overweight is a mental disorder, being overweight is also a result of different body makeups and metabolic rates. I know people that can eat a dozen Krispie Kremes and not gain an ounce, I know other folks that eat strict diets, exercise 4-5 days a week and fight to keep off every pound. If folks want to be fat, I don't have a problem with it.
What I do have a problem with is obease people using their obesity as an excuse for why they can't work or do a task at work. I have a problem with them stuffing their faces while they are driving instead of paying attention to where their going and I know you've seen it to, the "buffet" on the passenger seat and they are driving and choosing from the "buffet". I have a problem with obease people who expect me to accommodate their "disability". If you want to be obease and enjoy it, great, just don't be a burden on me.

The sad thing is and I heard it from an attorney, is they are getting ready to use the same legal logic on the food industry as they did on the tobacco industry and bilk billons from that. Are you ready for the warning labels on you food? How about rationing of snack foods? How about being charged with a crime because your kid is too fat? It's coming.
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 4:28:18 AM EDT
[#20]
personaly I love fat chicks.I cant remember how to say it now,but years ago a hondoran combat engineer taught me how to say fat chicks rule in spanish.I think it was like gordos chicas azula.That would really crack up the little kids when that and felis navidad was the extent of my spanish.[SEX]
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 5:00:46 AM EDT
[#21]
I think a lot of overeating is mental. For the same reason people gamble, drink, smoke. It is a release, a compulsion, something to do.
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 5:07:08 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I think a lot of overeating is mental. For the same reason people gamble, drink, smoke. It is a release, a compulsion, something to do.
View Quote

Yes, it's called "hand to mouth disease" [rolleyes]

And someday soon, if not already, we'll be forced to pony up insurance and tax dollars to subsidize it.

"I'm fat, now give me money!"
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 5:31:25 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I for one agree that being overweight is a mental disorder, being overweight is also a result of different body makeups and metabolic rates. I know people that can eat a dozen Krispie Kremes and not gain an ounce, I know other folks that eat strict diets, exercise 4-5 days a week and fight to keep off every pound.
View Quote

You can't gain weight breathing the air. If you followed these people around for a day you'd find out just how much crap they stuff their face with and how inadequate their excercise program is.

Sure they have a right to be fat. I've got a right to be disgusted. Further, we do all
pay for it. That doesn't give us the right to dictate what others should do but I am here to tell you that obesity is a bigger health problem than smoking. Diabetes, hypertension, back and joint problems, I could go on for a while. I see obese people all day long and it is THE major health problem in this country right now.
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 5:34:05 AM EDT
[#24]
Numberical values differ, but the incidence of hypothyroidism (The "glandular" condition so often used as a reason for obesity by obese people)is a fraction of one percent, while obesity in the vast American Waistland is greater than 60%.

The physiological explanation for this is obvious. Excess caloric intake. If you take in more calories than you burn up you will store those calories as fat. Obesity is a disease of excess.

Now, if you want to say that the reason a person eats like a tree chipper is because they have a mental illness, perhaps so. If that's the case we're a nation of fucking nuts. I will say that of the obese patients I've dealt with, they are almost invariably immediate gratification types. They tend toward histrionics and report pain scales clearly beyond what non-obese people report.

Obesity results in lost productivity from orthopedic procedures required to attempt to mend the damage to joints which have been over-stressed. We're not talking an experienced squatter with knee wraps, we're talking Mrs. Average who is lifting massive weight with each step. A variety of resultant health problems from diabetes to coronary artery disease often ensue.

That the majority of people exhibit an unhealty physical characteristic doesn't make it any healthier. A barful of people puffing away doesn't negate the harmful effects of first-hand cigarette smoke.

As welfare roles increase and Americans sit around in the absence of exercise and productivity stuffing theier faces, obesity will rise.

As Americans adopt the increasingly prevalent, "It's not my fault attitude", obesity will rise.

There are many medical ailments  over which the sufferer has little control. Obesity, like smoking, is a condition of morbidity which can be corrected. To continue to live that lifestyle in the face of overwhelming medical evidence regardling it's harm is indicative of lassitude and, commonly, poor self-esteem.

No one got fat in POW camps. Wanna lose weight? Stop stuffing your face.
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 5:44:57 AM EDT
[#25]
Try siting next to one on an airplane. Came in last night via Philly. I've got the exit window. A hugh guy comes lumbering up the aisle and guess what he's got the seat next to me. I spent the flight leaning hard to the right. Good thing the flight was only 1 hour. This guy should have been made to buy two seats.
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 6:01:48 AM EDT
[#26]
Half the reason I love going to concerts and movies is so my wife and I can laugh at the lard asses trying to squeeze into a seat LITERALLY the size of one of their cheeks.  It can't be comfortable.

I agree, stop eating.  But, if it weren't for fat people, we wouldn't have an fervent appreciation for fine swimsuit models and general fitness.

I'm not talking a little pudge or extra weight here.  I'm talking about real - fat - people.

I need a GIF animation of a very fat emoticon eating a slice of pie.
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 7:08:45 AM EDT
[#27]
And here's something else, ever notice the % of people that park in those handicap spots are so big that even with extra room, and I assume that is the reason they have that sticker to begin with is so they can get their lard ass out of the vehicle. I guess what I am saying is that it looks like the only disability they have is either their size or what their size has done to them, they need to walk more than the people that park at the far end (me) of the lot so I don't get into a traffic jam with these lard asses circling the parking lot so they don't have to walk another 100 feet. They should put those blue spots at the far end of the lot, the walk would be good for them.
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 7:18:52 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
And here's something else, ever notice the % of people that park in those handicap spots are so big that even with extra room, and I assume that is the reason they have that sticker to begin with is so they can get their lard ass out of the vehicle. I guess what I am saying is that it looks like the only disability they have is either their size or what their size has done to them, they need to walk more than the people that park at the far end (me) of the lot so I don't get into a traffic jam with these lard asses circling the parking lot so they don't have to walk another 100 feet. They should put those blue spots at the far end of the lot, the walk would be good for them.
View Quote

While I understand how you feel, (I feel your pain), I have to draw the line here. At least here in the PRoMA, due to public outcry against rampant abuse of the handicapped lic./sticker/pkng space system, the state came down really hard on the application process. Now, anybody who has that privilege has to have shown a real and compelling need for it with doctors' testimony, and going before exam. boards. And coincidentally, not a few of the handicapped placard holders are WW2/Korea/Viet war vets, w/service-related conditions.....
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 7:25:58 AM EDT
[#29]
fat chicks are great
i love to take them to the beach and sell shade[:D]
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 7:36:58 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Numberical values differ, but the incidence of hypothyroidism (The "glandular" condition so often used as a reason for obesity by obese people)is a fraction of one percent, while obesity in the vast American Waistland is greater than 60%.
View Quote

Like former governor Jesse Ventura said. "It's a glandular problem? Yeah, it's the SALIVA glands"

That the majority of people exhibit an unhealty physical characteristic doesn't make it any healthier. A barful of people puffing away doesn't negate the harmful effects of first-hand cigarette smoke.
View Quote

Its about time we started treating this as a disease IMHO

As welfare roles increase and Americans sit around in the absence of exercise and productivity stuffing theier faces, obesity will rise.

As Americans adopt the increasingly prevalent, "It's not my fault attitude", obesity will rise.
View Quote

AMEN and hallelujah brother! Tell it like it is!

There are many medical ailments  over which the sufferer has little control. Obesity, like smoking, is a condition of morbidity which can be corrected. To continue to live that lifestyle in the face of overwhelming medical evidence regardling it's harm is indicative of lassitude and, commonly, poor self-esteem.

No one got fat in POW camps. Wanna lose weight? Stop stuffing your face.
View Quote

When I took my entrance physical for the Navy back in 1978, I was 17 years old, 6'01" tall and 132 lbs. The doctor handed me a quart glass and told me to go fill it up twice with water and drink it, then meet him back at the scales in 30 minutes so I could pass the minimum weight requirement for my height, 135 lbs (Ah, the good old days! A twin-turbo metabolism!) Sure, I could sit down and eat 5 Arby's roast beef sandwiches and chase them with a large chocolate shake and not gain an ounce, BUT I WAS A KID THEN TOO!

Now I'm 41, I actually have to EXERCISE (oh my God, No!) and I have to watch what I eat! It doesn't seem fair when I watch other people who can still eat all they want and not gain an ounce, BUT THAT's LIFE AND I ACCEPT IT! I'm still 6'01" but now I have to WORK to stay at 185lbs (oh, the horror!)[;)] Fat doesn't care about fair (Oprah, are you listening?) or "entitled" and some people have to work harder than others. TFB!
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 7:38:09 AM EDT
[#31]
Some women will gain weight on the pills.  But most think, hmmm now I have an excuse and grab an extra plate at the BBQ.  
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 7:41:17 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

While I understand how you feel, (I feel your pain), I have to draw the line here. At least here in the PRoMA, due to public outcry against rampant abuse of the handicapped lic./sticker/pkng space system, the state came down really hard on the application process. Now, anybody who has that privilege has to have shown a real and compelling need for it with doctors' testimony, and going before exam. boards. And coincidentally, not a few of the handicapped placard holders are WW2/Korea/Viet war vets, w/service-related conditions.....
View Quote
It's about friggin' time!

Not to hijack the thread, but in Oklahoma all a handicap placard means anymore, in 90% of the cases, is how much clout you have over your physician who give you the letter to take to DPS. I doesn't have much to do with actual physical limitations anymore.
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 7:48:01 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Some women will gain weight on the pills.  But most think, hmmm now I have an excuse and grab an extra plate at the BBQ.  
View Quote

Yup. If they tell you they eat like a bird, you can bet it's a really big bird. FWIW, many birds eat several times their weight everyday!
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 8:01:20 AM EDT
[#34]
You guys are fucking amazing.  I'm sure every one of you is buff, movie-star handsome, and every woman's fantasy.  Explains why so many of you have been married multiple times.

My wife is fat - by her own admission.  She went from 120 to 195 in 4 years due to the pill and working third shift, as well as stress.  I know that physiologically this can happen, since it changes your metabolism.  She now eats LESS than she did when she was 120 pounds.  And yet, she can't lose the weight.  Sure, she could "stop eating" altogether, but then she'd die (duh).  

But I bet she's in better shape strength and constitution-wise than many people here.  She's a crack shot with a firearm, is so damn libertarian it would shock you, and is the love of my life.  So I look beyond the culturally induced acceptable norm when it comes to weight and appreciate the fact that I have a wife who I can trust, who has similar views on important matters, and will NEVER bitch at me for buying another gun :)
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 8:03:32 AM EDT
[#35]
Holy shit - this is my 999th post - and I'm in a thread about fat women.  Very ironic.
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 8:09:13 AM EDT
[#36]
Wolf its well known fact that we AR15 members have 4% body fat, work out 1-2 hours per day.  We make Arnie look like a wimp.  Now we can wake up and grab the other beer and a couple of hot dogs and take another nap!

Wolf ,I doubt if it was the pills alone that will make her gain weight.  The problem is stress. Stress increases the cortisol level in your body that make you hungry. Its a coping mechanism that animals put to good use.  Third shift is also bad. When I worked nights it was like a Las Vegas Buffet.  People would bring horrible shit and we would eat to keep awake and pass the time.  No carrot sticks and celery. We are talking buffalo wings, ice cream, cakes, pies and we would chow.

Have her start working out on a regular basis and not take part the grazing.  There also other forms of birth control. You didnt mention if she has had children since she was 120.
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 8:18:42 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
You guys are fucking amazing.  I'm sure every one of you is buff, movie-star handsome, and every woman's fantasy.  Explains why so many of you have been married multiple times.

My wife is fat - by her own admission.  She went from 120 to 195 in 4 years due to the pill and working third shift, as well as stress.  I know that physiologically this can happen, since it changes your metabolism.  She now eats LESS than she did when she was 120 pounds.  And yet, she can't lose the weight.  Sure, she could "stop eating" altogether, but then she'd die (duh).  

But I bet she's in better shape strength and constitution-wise than many people here.  She's a crack shot with a firearm, is so damn libertarian it would shock you, and is the love of my life.  So I look beyond the culturally induced acceptable norm when it comes to weight and appreciate the fact that I have a wife who I can trust, who has similar views on important matters, and will NEVER bitch at me for buying another gun :)
View Quote

You are fortunate to have a loving wife, who shares your interests, however her political views and competence with a firearm is not the issue.

5-10% of women taking oral contraceptives experience weight gain. Interestingly, 5-10% of women followed over the same period of time experience weight gain without taking oral contraceptives so weight gain related  to BCP's may, in some cases, be coincidental due to other factors and not related to the medication. Some women experience weight LOSS on BCPs'.

The older hi dose BCP's, when they did result in weight gain, usually caused a weight gain in the 5 to 6 pound range.

For those women who do gain weight, low dose estrogen preparations result in the least amount of gain.

Weight gain over 5% is cause to investigate with a physician the possibility of insulin resistance or abnormal glucose metabolism.

BCP's should not make anyone obese.
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 8:20:57 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 8:27:10 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View Quote

They gain weight, but not 50 pounds or more, my two previous gf's gained about 10 pounds or less from the pill, but nothing excessive.

Link Posted: 7/4/2003 9:11:51 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
She's a crack shot with a firearm, is so damn libertarian it would shock you, and is the love of my life.  So I look beyond the culturally induced acceptable norm when it comes to weight and appreciate the fact that I have a wife who I can trust, who has similar views on important matters, and will NEVER bitch at me for buying another gun :)
View Quote

I think that's wonderful! However, obesity is the leading cause of CAD and diabetes. Please encourage her to do whatever she can to decrease her weight so that the two of you can  continue to enjoy your relationship for years to come.

TT [wave]
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 9:12:04 AM EDT
[#41]
I have no pitty for the fat I used to weight 280 # or so and now weight 165#. All this mental disorder or genetic crap is a joke!!!
Excercise you LARD ASS!!!! I put the spoon down literally and lost weight i just cut my consumption in half and i was eating as much as a normal person would.
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 9:19:51 AM EDT
[#42]
http://www.fatchicksinpartyhats.com/

Check out the gallery. Enjoy!
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 9:20:37 AM EDT
[#43]
Calories in and calories out. If, over an extended period, your daily intake calories are greater than your daily burned calories, you will expand. Likewise, if over that period your daily intake calories are less than your daily burned calories, you will contract. It really is just that simple.
View Quote

If only it was that simple.  Yes, it is true you gain if calories in is greater than calories out, but the calories out changes depending on what and how you eat.  Before my wife had surgery a couple of years ago, her doctor told her she needed to gain 10 pounds.  I saw her double the amount of food she ate (yes, I made a spreadsheet, looked-up info on everything she ate, weighed it all, and watched her to make sure she really ate), and in two months, she only gained three pounds.  She should have gained that much in one week with the rule of thumb that 500,000 more calories per day equals about one pound gained per week.  Instead, it took her eight weeks.  Earlier this year, I cut just over two million calories per day from my diet and lost only six pounds over eight weeks.  Obviously to have that small of a loss, my metabolism slowed way down.  I upped my calories by nearly a million more per day, and I lost weight at a faster rate!  Yes, I ate more but also lost more.  I've also seen friends stop eating completely for a week at a time and lose less weight than they did when they ate 800,000 calories per day.  How's that possible?  When you see things like these, you realize it's not so simple.z
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 9:20:56 AM EDT
[#44]
some women are fat because they have big bones.
it doesnt have any thing to do with what they eat.

thats what my wife tells me, she gets mad when i laugh though
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 9:37:14 AM EDT
[#45]
And here is another thing to take notice of. Those handicap stickers and cards also must be for the driving challenged, just check out how many lose cannons are driving like the sticker is for driving. I told my wife about this and she "bull" until we were driving around one day and I started pointing them out, its scary. Don't get me wrong, if you have a true problem then by all means get a sticker and use it. The problem I see around here is about 75% of them don't need it. Its almost become a status symbol. And by the way I am 5'10" and weighted 171 this morning and I struggle to maintain myself and yes I have ballooned up to 200 looked in the mirror and said that's it and done something about it. Oh I know I should have blamed McDonalds, they forced to eat all that fat!!!   Happy 4th all.
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 9:52:51 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Calories in and calories out. If, over an extended period, your daily intake calories are greater than your daily burned calories, you will expand. Likewise, if over that period your daily intake calories are less than your daily burned calories, you will contract. It really is just that simple.
View Quote

If only it was that simple.  Yes, it is true you gain if calories in is greater than calories out, but the calories out changes depending on what and how you eat.  Before my wife had surgery a couple of years ago, her doctor told her she needed to gain 10 pounds.  I saw her double the amount of food she ate (yes, I made a spreadsheet, looked-up info on everything she ate, weighed it all, and watched her to make sure she really ate), and in two months, she only gained three pounds.  She should have gained that much in one week with the rule of thumb that 500,000 more calories per day equals about one pound gained per week.  Instead, it took her eight weeks.  Earlier this year, I cut just over two million calories per day from my diet and lost only six pounds over eight weeks.  Obviously to have that small of a loss, my metabolism slowed way down.  I upped my calories by nearly a million more per day, and I lost weight at a faster rate!  Yes, I ate more but also lost more.  I've also seen friends stop eating completely for a week at a time and lose less weight than they did when they ate 800,000 calories per day.  How's that possible?  When you see things like these, you realize it's not so simple.z
View Quote

I think your caloric numbers might be just a hair off since a 40 year old 6' 200# very active male has a daily requirement of approximately 3300 calories.
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 10:04:54 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Fat women & men like to go to those "All you can eat" type diners like "Hometown Buffet" I
went there once and noticed a lot of overweight
people eat at those places? they keep going back for seconds or thirds, then desert, they
probably spend a couple hours in there pigging
out? when I left they were still in there eating.
View Quote

The thing that always gets me in this sort of situation is that they almost always drink diet Coke. WTF?!?!? Unless you're diabetic, why bother?
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 10:07:27 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

View Quote

One Calorie (capital C) = 1000 calories (lower case), or so I've been told. Don't quote me on that!

On another note, I put fat people in the same category as drug users. They both do it to themselves, it's stupid, and it damages their bodies.
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 10:17:11 AM EDT
[#49]
1000 calories = 1 Calorie = 1 kilocalorie (Kcal)
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 10:26:06 AM EDT
[#50]
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top