Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/11/2002 9:09:21 AM EDT
We're walkin!  I have been doing 3 sessions a day on the treadmill, between 20 and 30 minutes each session.  

Is there a good supplement to take that will aid in burning the fat?
thanks
Scott
Link Posted: 11/11/2002 9:14:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Don't know if it is a fat burning suppliment like you are looking for but I have lost almost 25lbs in a month and a half on Metabolife.
Link Posted: 11/11/2002 9:28:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Is metabolife an e/c/a stack?  I think it is.  If so, those things do burn fat.  same as diet fuel, ripped fuel, etc.  I took it for a few weeks but it screwed with my prostate too much to keep up.  It also gives you the jitters for the first week or two (all people are different of course).  I mentioned it to my doctor once and he pretty much said to avoid anything with ephedrine in it like it was the plague.

-Nuke
Link Posted: 11/12/2002 4:30:44 PM EDT
[#3]
You doctor is pretty typical, Nuke. I've used E/C/A stacks for years prior to them becoming the "fad". Never had any ill side effects, dieted down w/ the stuff...ZERO issues.

The E/C/A can be effective provided it is not abused. Some of these morons that died using the stuff had enough in them to kill a horse when they dropped.

Basically the FDA is looking for an "in" to the supplement industry...Ephedrine is the AR15 of supplements right now. Flash it on the news over and over, show people died, etc...just like the anti's do w/ firearms IMHO.

Rob
Link Posted: 11/13/2002 5:27:19 AM EDT
[#4]
You are probably right.  I didn't have any other problems besides the prostate thing and it really did seem to work.  I may hit it again and see how it goes... will probably try it with some saw palmetto now that I have more information on the stuff.

Do you happen to know if Ripped Fuel has the Aspirin in it?  Last time I used it, i dont think the stuff had any so i was taking a half aspirin each time.

-Nuke
Link Posted: 11/13/2002 6:58:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Might have an herbal version of asprin in it. I tried Ripped Fuel for a pre-contest diet before and it did not agree w/ my system at all. I would be fine for a week or two and then all messed up w/ sleep, jitters, etc...

Look for "Willow Bark" to serve as the asprin buffer if my memory is correct.

Link Posted: 11/14/2002 7:49:55 AM EDT
[#6]

Ephedrine is the next thing to be taken off the market IMHO.  I'd just do more cardio.
Link Posted: 11/14/2002 12:21:26 PM EDT
[#7]
I take Xenadrine RF-1 for the energy, I don't need to burn fat really.  No side effects for me in over a year.  If you don't like ephedra products there's Xenadrine EFX which doesn't have it but it still gives good energy.  I only like the ephedrine in RF-1 because when I run my bronchioles seem to close up(like I have asthma all of a sudden) and it helps me breath clear.
Link Posted: 11/20/2002 10:02:03 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm a pharmacist and I usually do not recommend the use of any over the counter ephedrine products.(ephedrine occurs in any plant of the ephedra family, like ma huang)
If you're young and relatively healthy, it probably won't cause any problems if you use relatively small doses (Not more than 100-150 mg of ephendrine a day) but with natural products that aren't regulated, you never really know how much you're taking.
But if you have high blood pressure, glaucoma, an over active thyroid, or an enlarged prostate, you should definitely not use any ephedrine products. (This goes for Sudafed as well, a related drug)If your a diabetic you shouldn't use it either b/c it can raise your blood sugar. Just my input
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top