Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Member Login

Posted: 12/24/2003 9:25:31 AM EDT
I am getting SO tired of getting my order and having it be missing something. It's happened 4 out of the last 5 times through the drive-thru. It happens at all of the chains. So I can't just boycott one of them. And I am reluctant to sit there and hold-up others to go through my sacks in the drive-thru. I may have to STOP going and start just eating home-cooked. Should be doing that anyways.

The last time I went, the gal taking the order asked me if I wanted ranch dressing with my chicken tenders. I told her "yes". Paid for the order and left. Got to checking and there's NO ranch. Why in the hell did she ask me then? And bought some of the "colnel's orignal" chicken the other day and they gave me a soda that wa supposed to go with one of the meals, but left out THE MEAL. So I called and they put me on a list to get the meal later. So I go last night and after they act like I am being troublesome by wanting what I paid for, they give me the meal only. Damnit! The LEAST they could do is to OFFER a free softdrink to me and not make me pay for a drink to have with the meal considering that I live about TWELVE miles from the place.

I am just getting tired of this garbage. They make a mistake almost EVERY time, then they are reluctant to make their mistake right, and anymore they don't give you any extra perks for screwing-up in the first place. The cheap bastards know they have you and you will probably eventually go back anyways. Well I've about had enough! I want to stick to eating at home. Of course, there are those days when the wife wants me to bring it home so she doesn't have to cook. And when I tell her I will cook, she gets pissed because she needs her junk food fix. Ah... screw it. I am one of the hosed sheeple. (It's weird -- how I feel sympathy for the main character in Falling Down when he goes into that fast food joint...)
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 9:33:12 AM EDT
The most angry I have ever been----
I was on a stretch of interstate been driving for many hours, got a strong urge for a cup of coffee, nothing around for miles , after a long time I saw a Mc'D  I pull in get a large to go, pull out reenter the interstate, go to take a sip it was cold, not warm  but damn cold.

I blew a gasket.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 9:35:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/24/2003 9:35:30 AM EDT by ByteTheBullet]
They FUCK you at the drive thru!!

ByteTheBullet  (-:

Edited to add: oh, yeah. happy holidays!!
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 9:47:42 AM EDT
I've also given-up on it.  I'm allergic to tomatoes, so I always order mine without ketchup.  More than half of the time, I still get ketchup!  

they don't give you any extra perks for screwing-up in the first place
View Quote

Hardee's here used to always give a free apple pie when they screwed-up.  They stopped that last summer.  I used to like getting free ones about half the time I went there.  It got to the point where that was the only fast food place I was going to.  Now that they've stopped, I stopped buying from them.z
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 9:54:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/24/2003 9:57:32 AM EDT by Only_Hits_Count]
ME: burger- no pickles, no mayonayse- asscatsup and mustard.

THEM: It comes with mustard.

ME: (thinking; ring it up the way I asked for it)

Me(at home): Damn!!!! No catsup OR mustard!!! Fucktards!!!

2nd pisser- it should be [b]illegal[/b] to sell/distribute tacos without hotsauce!!!! WTF is wrong with these people????
Ask me if i want it
reply" yeas- lot of hot sauce / picante plz.

(at home) DAMN 3 breakfast tacos - or fajitas and no fucking hot sauce!!!  You'd think hispanic chashiers would understand this.....

(and evidently 'pickles' means something different is espanol)

and THEN the losers don't put a receipt in the bag, so I have to look up their ph # before I call up and complain.

And then maybe go thru the drive thru a couple times later in the week- order the most expensive items on the menu- all specially made- and then drive off when they bring your $30 order to the window.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 10:02:20 AM EDT
Don't eat at"fast?" food places.

I haven't in a [b]long[/b] time.  Don't miss it at all.

Link Posted: 12/24/2003 10:02:47 AM EDT
My experience has led me to believe that fucking up drive-through orders is part of the franchise contract at Taco Bell...
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 10:02:58 AM EDT
My mommy always told me: "Don't sweat the small stuff, LLanero."

Link Posted: 12/24/2003 10:04:08 AM EDT
How about the time I went to McDonalds and got a quarter pounder with cheese combo. Got home. NO DAMN MEAT ON THE BURGER! What the hell?????
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 10:07:26 AM EDT
Originally Posted By ByteTheBullet:
View Quote

ROFL

You would think they could offer a soda after screwing up, given that it costs them less than a dime (well at least it did at the place I worked) including the cup!
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 10:07:29 AM EDT
View Quote

That's the truth.

These people can't think when you're standing in front of them. They don't even try if you're still in your car. Never, never special order anything from the drive-throu.

"One M&M McFlurry and one Oreo McFlurry." So far they haven't fouled up this simple order yet. But I have faith in them.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 10:07:30 AM EDT
Generation Ne"X"t operates the fast food industry.......any further questions?

Just be prepared.......those same "Ne"X"ters will be the ones running the country when you're in the retirement years.

See what you (and I) have to look forward to?  
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 10:09:45 AM EDT
We like some of the fast food places but do not use the drive thru. We go inside oder and eat. If they make a mistake, they fix it right then. You also don't eat cold food that way. Nothing worse than cold french fies.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 10:11:35 AM EDT
Think about it. If you were a minimum wage loser working in the fast food business, would you give a flying fuck about anybodies order? I sure wouldn't. If you screw up enough and they fire you,you can go get a job at another fast food place the next day with no problem. Why go to fast food to begin with. You can go somewhere and get a sitdown meal and have someone serve you for not much more. JMO
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 10:14:25 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Zaphod:
My experience has led me to believe that fucking up drive-through orders is part of the franchise contract at Taco Bell...
View Quote

Taco Bell & KFC have to be the absolute worst about fvcking up your order.  Sonic seems to be the best about getting it right or fixing it pronto & giving you freebies to make up for the screw-up.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 10:19:32 AM EDT
I can never decide if this crap is due to stupidity or is of a greater plan.  Think about it.  Forget an item in every 4 or five customers.  That adds up to a lot of money over time.  If you come back and compalin whats the worse that happens, they give you what you paid for.  They count on those that let it slide.  
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 10:29:48 AM EDT
You idiots, all you have to do is order by the number! Why screw up a good thing.[}:)]

[img]http://www.pathguy.com/fallingd.jpg[/img]

I have always wanted to go into a buger joint dressed like this.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 10:42:33 AM EDT
what I HATE the MOST about fastfood joints.. is when you drive up and a VERY CLEAR and AUDIBLE voice says:
"welcome yada.. yada yadaa.  may I take your order.. "  < you think hell yeah I can hear and understand this person... >

only to find its a recored greetimg and someone of a diffrent gender in a cracked mic voice repeats your order and you have no idea what they just said...

< well I was bad at first .. now I know if its a warm greeting and I know what they said... its a recording>

Link Posted: 12/24/2003 10:44:18 AM EDT
I stopped eating at "fast food" joints but I
remember ordering a Six Dollar Burger extra onions and when I got home it had NO ONIONS!

they forgot my fries at McDonalds more than once and when I go back to get my fries they
look at me like I made the mistake.

Im glad I quit eating that junk...
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 10:46:20 AM EDT

I worked at a Burger King when I was 16.  Lots of decent people (me included) work there in their youth, and do their best to make sure everything goes smoothly and quickly.

Of course, there are also lots of 30+ year old women (and men) who work there simply because they are too sorry to better themselves in life.

Not everyone sucks who work in fast food, but the majority do.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 10:58:34 AM EDT
Don't get me wrong here... I am NOT one of those people who freaks out over any tiny mistake in the order. And I almost NEVER ask for anything special (unlike my wife -- has to special order EVERYTHING). I can forgive little mistakes. But DAMNIT -- a screw-up on EVERY single order these past few weeks just just too much! I realize these people are paid peanuts, but it isn't asking too much to get an order right -- especially when THEY ask me if I want ranch dressing, and then DON'T give me any. It's crazy stuff. My biggest gripe is with the mangers though. They need to be sincerely apologetic when then make mistakes, and for cryin out loud, they can afford to throw me a free something or other when they screw-up. It's one thing if I am right there and catch it, it's a whole other thing when I am home already.

But yeah, I would be better off just quitting it [fast food] altogether.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 11:17:07 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Zaphod:
View Quote

The Taco Bell near me always gets my order right, and the people there are always pleasant to do business with. I always get extra Fire sauce with my order without having to ask.

About six months ago I asked for the manager and told him what a great place his store is to do business with and passed along my thanks to his employees.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 11:26:50 AM EDT
I check the bag every time. Fork the guy behind me... let him go home with a bad order.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 12:08:27 PM EDT
I don't eat at Taco Hell very often, but there is one a few miles from me that is full of retards.  The manager is the only one in the place with an IQ above 50, and they always get it right.  They have never gotten my order wrong, ever!  

Most fast food places have high school students and college rejects, and they could not get an order right to save their lives.  I am not too picky, but always ask for no mayo/specail sauce (because it does not agree with me).  I think they just don't care.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 12:44:15 PM EDT
Apparently, you arent the only one.

[url]http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/news/120403_local_mayo.html[/url]
A decade in prison, all because Nolan says she didn't get mayonnaise on her McDonalds hamburger on April 23. And in a fit of rage, she ran over restaurant manager Sherry Allen Jenkins with her car.

"I gave her everything she asked for," insisted Jenkins. "Mayonnaise, no mustard, no onions. Everything I could possibly do for this lady. Mayo, mayo, mayo, and it still is not good enough."

View Quote
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 12:54:03 PM EDT
I have a friend up north that has almost the same phone number as one of the fast food places that had just opened up near him.  He called them up and asked them to please have their phone number changed.  They said, fuck you, you change your number.  So every time that he gets a call from some irate customer about their order being screwed up, he tells them to come back, and they will refund their money, and make their order right.  
One time he had some guy call the wrong number asking about the assistant manager job that he had applied for.  He told the guy he was trying to get ahold of him, to get down their quick, he was hired.  He has alot of fun with them.
Link Posted: 12/24/2003 2:35:34 PM EDT
Originally Posted By TUMOR:
Generation Ne"X"t operates the fast food industry.......any further questions?

Just be prepared.......those same "Ne"X"ters will be the ones running the country when you're in the retirement years.

See what you (and I) have to look forward to?  
View Quote

You're an idiot. Those same gen "X'ers" (baby boomers' name for us, not our own) are the same ones kicking ass in Iraq. Also considering gen X is now 28 years old, at the youngest, you're more likely to be running into Gen Y.

If you drive off without verifying your order it's your own fault. Expect what you inspect.

Link Posted: 12/24/2003 2:44:36 PM EDT
My cousin's ex-husband hate onions.  But used to love Taco Bell bean burritoes.  Once, when ordering he specified numerous times "no onions please"  

They middle-age dipshit in the drive-thru got kinda condescending about it.  Lo and behold, two miles down the road, he checks the burritoes, they are loaded with onions.  He heads back to TB, and complains in the drive-thru.  Same smartass tells him that there were infact no onions put on his food.  He stops in the middle of the driveway, unwraps each burrito, piles them into one wrapper, and proceeds forward.  

As the smartass in question opens the window, he flings the open pile of bean burritoes in the guys face.  While exclaiming, "Here's your fucking onions back!!!!!"

Classic.
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 1:31:46 AM EDT
I hate when they fuck me at the drive in, and I make sure they do good on it. The best refund I got was from Skippers they forgot my wife's fritters or something. I called them up and they mailed us 2 free meal tickets.
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 2:42:42 AM EDT
Slight hijack

I don't eat at FF places in uniform unless I can see them making my food.  I had a friend in high school that worked at Taco Bueno.  Yes, Jim the one at 2nd and Blvd.  He would catch flies and other little buggers and keep them in a souffle cup.  Every time a cop came by to eat he would put a couple in the food.  I know I have had to eaten some nasty shit even with the precations I take.
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 2:58:09 AM EDT
Originally Posted By sherrick13:
Slight hijack

I don't eat at FF places in uniform unless I can see them making my food.  I had a friend in high school that worked at Taco Bueno.  Yes, Jim the one at 2nd and Blvd.  He would catch flies and other little buggers and keep them in a souffle cup.  Every time a cop came by to eat he would put a couple in the food.  I know I have had to eaten some nasty shit even with the precations I take.
View Quote

That's mild, ossifer.

The Taco Hell near my job had a guy who spanked in the sour cream awhile back.  He got time for it.  Shoulda got his ass kicked severely, then time.
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 3:59:42 AM EDT
That's a given. They always forget something.
I always have to order more than I need to break even.
One time, ordering my burgers with no pickles, the wrapper was filled with 'em.
Hiring otherwise unemployable types saves them money..."they wore a hat and had a job so no one knew"...Devo
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 4:07:17 AM EDT
OK, shameless plug here.  I work for Chick-Fil-A.  Industry magazine gave us the best record for drive-thru accuraccy and drive-thru overall. In nearly 400 orders we were tested on at various locations we missed 0 main items.  Major errors were forgetting straws etc.

We screw up your order, you get coupons for free sandwiches.  Your fries aren't hot, you get free sandwiches (or fries if you like).  

As for officers in uniform.  Do those idiots at the other restaraunts not realize that fast food restaraunts are a prime target for armed robberies?  We LOVE having cops around.  We give them (and FD and Military) 50% discount. At this point we know most of our locals by name. We've kind of become a cop hangout.

There's nothing quite like counting 1000's of $ down and looking out in the dining room to see 3 county mounties and 2 local cops eating lunch while a state trooper pulls through drive thru.  If I EVER caught one of my employees messing with any customers food, especially a cop, he would be unemployeed and likely having trouble walking.  I like knowing that if I have to respond to an alarm at the restaraunt in the middle of the night that the police will not only be there, but know me by name.

Just a little from the other side.  

PS If you want your order right, turn off your !@#$@ cell phone and talk to ME!
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 4:22:44 AM EDT
I will never forget the time 3 of us ordered $14.~~ worth of food.

Handed her a 20 dollar bill.

Gave me change for a $30.00 bill.

Her look was priceless when I gave her a math lesson.
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 4:24:21 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Wdsman:
OK, shameless plug here.  I work for Chick-Fil-A.  Industry magazine gave us the best record for drive-thru accuraccy and drive-thru overall. In nearly 400 orders we were tested on at various locations we missed 0 main items.  Major errors were forgetting straws etc.

We screw up your order, you get coupons for free sandwiches.  Your fries aren't hot, you get free sandwiches (or fries if you like).  

As for officers in uniform.  Do those idiots at the other restaraunts not realize that fast food restaraunts are a prime target for armed robberies?  We LOVE having cops around.  We give them (and FD and Military) 50% discount. At this point we know most of our locals by name. We've kind of become a cop hangout.

There's nothing quite like counting 1000's of $ down and looking out in the dining room to see 3 county mounties and 2 local cops eating lunch while a state trooper pulls through drive thru.  If I EVER caught one of my employees messing with any customers food, especially a cop, he would be unemployeed and likely having trouble walking.  I like knowing that if I have to respond to an alarm at the restaraunt in the middle of the night that the police will not only be there, but know me by name.

Just a little from the other side.  

PS If you want your order right, turn off your !@#$@ cell phone and talk to ME!
View Quote

Need more people like you, if your going to do it, do it right. Merry Christmas.
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 5:40:36 AM EDT
Chic-Fil-A screws up some times around here.  Plus they are closed on Sundays, those Mormon bastards.  Usually I have good luck with all the fast food restaurants in the area, even with special orders.  I like how most of them now place a little sticker on the burger box/wrapper that has special requests and it  lists what doesn't go on them.

I've had my best luck at Arby's, since they've only screwed up once, plus the various jailbait that serves the drive-thru it always pleasant.
Link Posted: 12/25/2003 7:38:36 AM EDT
One time I went to McDonalds and placed my order and when I got home. I took a bite of my burger and there was no meat in the burger. I went back to McDonalds and told the manger her response was "Where's the beef". No joke.  
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 10:37:04 PM EDT
Common problem around here, maily at wendys, there is a few I am always having problems with. I have called and compalined at least 6 times in last 6 months, missing items, takes 15 min to get cold food and my favorite the "we're closed" 30 min ahead of time.

A few places here the service you get is based on your race, takes 30 min for me to get my food when someone 10 minutes after me orders 3 times the stuff and has it withing 5 min.
Another one that got me pissed, I was getting chicken, they had me wait at register 10 min while woman before me pointed out all 11 pieces of chicken that she wanted, for her 8 piece meal.
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 11:06:58 PM EDT

ByteTheBullet  (-:

Edited to add: oh, yeah. happy holidays!!
View Quote

Getts, Leo Getts... Whatever you you want, Leo... Gets...

Link Posted: 12/26/2003 11:20:51 PM EDT
Hey whaddaya want.  Trying to communicate with a person who is illiterate in two languages using mikes and speakers that broke 2 years ago?

First off unless absofreakinlutely necessary I go in and order at the counter.

I try and forbid any special orders by the wife or kids at the drive-thru.

I always check before I leave.

When they fu the wifes special I make her go get it fixed.
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 11:39:01 PM EDT
I have no idea why I eat at the fast food joints as I worked in one as a kid.  

I must be crazy.

Hoppy
Link Posted: 12/26/2003 11:53:17 PM EDT
[b]"The meat's fine, the lettuce is fine, but if you bring me another hamburger with mayonnaise on it, I'll cut off your legs, set fire to your house and then watch you try to crawl out of your burning house with bloody stumps. " [/b]  Jimmy "The Tulip" Tadevski

I have recently been eating Fast Food.  I normally don't ever eat it, and can count on two hands the amount of times I've had it in the last few years.  Lately though, being so stretched for time and tired, Fast Food has won the battle.  

I'm amazed at the crappy service.  I don't think I have ever been to Taco Bell when they haven't gotten something wrong.  They fuck up my order, and then have the nerve to act all pissy when I ask them to make it right.

If I eat fast food now, it's at places that make it as I stand there, like Subway, or Chipotle, etc...If it's wrong after that, then it's my fault.  

Link Posted: 12/27/2003 12:08:18 AM EDT
Yeah, I have to either see the "no mayo" come up on the order board, or hear them repeat back to me how I requested "no mayo" on my burger.  Even then, I have to immediately check to see if they had enough presence of mind to NOT PUT THE GODDAMN RAT SPERM MAYO ON MY BURGER LIKE I ASKED the minute I get my burger.  It completely ruins my meal if they do.
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 2:51:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/27/2003 2:55:08 AM EDT by dangerousdan]
It's getting to where there is no one to complain about poor service/food quality any longer.  I don't even try to talk to the folks that run those places any more.  Be aware that most fast food magagers haul ass out of there almost as soon as their relief walks in the door. You can damn near forget about getting good grub or service after 5 p.m. or on a Sunday because the manager is home then.  Most of the time when I try to call they either hang up on me or put me on indefinite hold.  E-mail or call their corporate headquarters with your complaint and always get a receipt to reference.
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 4:53:42 AM EDT
I get fast food sometimes and I have had the usual run of wrong orders. What pisses me off is being asked to pull ahead and wait for my order so they can take as long as they want to bring it out to me.

Every once in a while they'll ask and I tell them, "That's OK I'll just wait right here". Usually I get a look like you'd expect to see on a moronic robot faced with a problem that it wasn't programed for(not far from the truth). I don't make a habit of this 'cause the chance of getting your food f@cked with is naturally greater than normal. But if they obviously aren't being overwhelmed by a rush of customers there should be no reason to make me wait, especially with most places having the 2 window setup these days.

As far as special orders go, I have a friend that always orders his sandwich as a special. His reasoning is that they have to make it fresh rather than grab it pre-made from a bin. I don't think there is much difference to be had there, but it makes him happy.

Don in Ohio
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 4:57:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/27/2003 5:23:01 AM EDT by Noname]
Damn...!
I must be living right or something.

The two Carl's I go to are always fast, the food hot, and the orders correct. 5 out of 5*.

The Taco Bell is pretty fast, food hot, and orders correct. 4 1/2 out of 5*

The Pizza Guy's (owned and op'ed by some Russians) is superb. Super service, broham discounts, and a hot little chicklet works the counter...! 6 out of 5*

In -N- Out is 10 out of 5* (nuff said!)

Note all of the above employ adults and have killer management and it shows.

My short suck list is...

Burgerking
RoundTable

Both opened at the same time (new shopping center). Both started out crappy and went down hill from there. I never went back after the first few fuck up's.

[url]http://www.funnyjunk.com/pages/burger.htm[/url]
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 5:00:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 12/27/2003 5:02:03 AM EDT by Energizer]
Usually the cooks cannot read or understand, or they don't bother looking at the order details...

Everytime I go out to eat (fast food, normal restaurants, even expensive places) , I'd say most of the time my order gets screwed up badly, due to various factors. Today's service is pretty bad, and they expect large tips for doing nothing and messing up your order.
Link Posted: 12/27/2003 7:53:26 AM EDT
A couple of weeks ago I got a McD's Big and Tasty and they left out the meat.  Thus I had to drive back to McD's and demand the meat.  Of course by the time I got home my fries were cold, and I wasted so much time I could have made my own dinner much faster.  Frozen food is the way to go...

PS.  I used to work fast food myself as a teenager and I have no patience for screw-ups.

GunLvr
Top Top