Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Durkin Tactical Franklin Armory
User Panel

Posted: 4/30/2009 8:10:30 AM EDT
You know the look. Tan in the face (minus the area covered by sunglasses), neck and below the elbows, pasty white everywhere else. Gross or manly? I've had one for years from working outside. I also get a raccoon mask from wearing oakleys. Girlfriend says it's gross and insists I do something about it this year.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 8:13:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Both.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 8:13:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Depends –– did you earn it?

_MaH

ETA: Now that I see we have details about where this question comes from, my suggestion is this:

Dump the dumb broad who's self-esteem is so shot that she's so chronicly concerned about not just the way she looks, but the way you do to.  Let her go find her Justin Timberlake or Twilight-Edward-The-Vegetarian-Vampire jelly-spined, tree hugging, fur hating faggot excuse for a man.

You're a real man, and you're looking for a real woman.  Save yourself for the woman who wants to shred your clothes off when you get home, not the little girl who waits to bitch about how you look after working to support them.

ETA 2: If she's complaining about your tan, then real life and the true responsibilities of it haven't quite hit her yet, or hard enough.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 8:15:52 AM EDT
[#3]
After she's done telling you where you need to get tanned, is she going to pick out all of your clothes too?
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 8:16:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
You know the look. Tan in the face (minus the area covered by sunglasses), neck and below the elbows, pasty white everywhere else. Gross or manly? I've had one for years from working outside. I also get a raccoon mask from wearing oakleys. Girlfriend says it's gross and insists I do something about it this year.

Tell her it means you have a job, and that she needs to learn to love it.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 8:18:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Nothing wrong with a farmer's tan.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 8:19:52 AM EDT
[#6]
My wife hates the farmers tan.

She will just have to live with it because I'm not going to fake-n-bake, or lay out like she dose.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 8:21:12 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

So do something about it. Get a girlfriend thats not a self absorbed bitch. That'll teach her.

Link Posted: 4/30/2009 8:21:39 AM EDT
[#8]
As you get older the demand changes. "Put on some sunscreen now!!!"
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 8:23:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Tell her to pay for the fake bake if she wants you tan.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 8:25:43 AM EDT
[#10]
The worst is when spring rolls around and all my friends have a snowboarding goggle raccoon mask tans and the rest of them is pasty white except for their heads.

Farmer tans on the other hand are perfectly acceptable. Guys work outside, they don't go tanning for the hell of it.

I'm Latino so I just get darker and don't really have noticeable tan lines.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 8:28:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 11:21:53 AM EDT
[#12]
Show up at the family/friends BBQ or pool party in a speedo.  Ask her how she likes your attempt to work on eliminating the farmer tan.  WIN!!
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 11:23:28 AM EDT
[#13]
i got a REAL farmers tan. had it since i was sixteen. nuttin sexier, i tell you gets lots of chics

meh. wont have it much longer though, i have a fucking JOB WITH A/C NOW !!!!!!!!

AMERICA!!FUCK YEAH!!!!!!
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 11:24:02 AM EDT
[#14]
If you earned your "farmers tan", then IMHO, you have the right to rock it proudly.

That will be all.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 11:26:46 AM EDT
[#15]
Just walk around without a shirt outside...tis what I do.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 11:29:49 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
After she's done telling you where you need to get tanned, are you going to tell her where to go?

Fixed it for you.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 11:32:11 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I usually get a farmer's tan so good that the contrast makes it look like I'm wearing a white t-shirt and undies when I'm naked.

Biker's tan.

Yep.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 11:38:07 AM EDT
[#18]
go buy a book and lay out a few hours a week reading to even out your tan.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 11:42:45 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I usually get a farmer's tan so good that the contrast makes it look like I'm wearing a white t-shirt and undies when I'm naked.

Man we really could have done without that visual.

Link Posted: 4/30/2009 11:43:19 AM EDT
[#20]
I don't tan, I go from black-light reactive white to lobster red, no middle ground. When I go outside I wear SPF50 with a physical blocker in it and a hat...the sun is trying to kill me
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 11:46:54 AM EDT
[#21]
LOL I have body hair! and it looks like I have a sweater on 24/7 what is this farmer tan that you speak?
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 11:46:56 AM EDT
[#22]
Yeah, I got that going on, reasonably tan arms and head, fishbelly-white torso. I need to spend more time outside shirtless, I reckon.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 11:52:04 AM EDT
[#23]
That ain't no farmer tan.... That's my motorcycle tan!!!
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 11:57:21 AM EDT
[#24]
Fess up, you got a mullet and drink Keystone light with your shirt off in the front yard don't you?
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 11:58:50 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

My wife said it's sexy, because it's not some gay-dancer shake-on tan look, and reminds her that her man is actually a man that works, and sweats, and is doing something instead of sun-worshipping like a chick.

I say keep the tan, lose the superficial girlfriend.

Link Posted: 4/30/2009 12:01:34 PM EDT
[#26]
I always end up with a farmers tan.  Wife thinks I need to take more clothes off when I'm outside working but I can't at work and at home there is this thing called poison Ivy that seems to find its way onto me.

Link Posted: 4/30/2009 12:08:49 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Man we really could have done without that visual.

The Geese dig it, thats all that matters.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 12:09:34 PM EDT
[#28]

Farmers tans are cool..................Raccoon masks are kinda stupid looking, sorry.

Link Posted: 4/30/2009 12:15:16 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

What does the goose think about that? Or does it not care cuase its head is stuffed in a sock drawer?
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 12:25:46 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

"even tans" are for single guys who have to worry about girls. Married working men have no time or need for such nonsense.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 12:28:41 PM EDT
[#31]
No mention of construction feet?

When I was framing I wore shorts and no shirt all summer long. I was very tan everywhere except  my feet from the socks down. I couldn't wear half socks because saw dust  would pile up around the top of the socks and work down into the sock, so I wore regular crew socks. So when I went swimming, or to the lake I was tan all over except for my feet from about 3" above the ankle to my toes which were scary white.
Link Posted: 4/30/2009 12:37:22 PM EDT
[#32]
I got mine already this year from riding around Florida for Bike week, But I do have to plow and plant 200 acres of corn for some freinds of mine this weekend ( and finish my archnemisis the chicken coop) .... So I will vote manly
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top