Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/17/2005 12:13:34 PM EDT
There is not a lot to go on from this story. As usual the press will only give the bare (slanted) facts, but this one really pisses me off:

Grandmother pleads guilty in felony child-abuse case
linky

DURHAM - A woman whose grandson lost a leg after it was tied to a doorknob pleaded guilty to being an accessory after the fact to felony child abuse and agreed to testify against her daugh-ter and son-in-law, the boy's parents.

Desiree Joann Justice, 47, pleaded guilty Monday. If she fulfills the agreement with prosecutors, she will be put on 12 months' probation. In May 2004, Justice's 4-year-old grandson lost his right leg when it developed gangrene after it was tied to a doorknob over-night, cutting off his circulation.

Justice was not at the home at the time but was called the next day and was told that the boy had problems with his leg, Assistant District Attorney Mitchell Garrell said. Rather than ask for help, she recommended that the couple treat the boy at home, Garrell said.

12 months probation????? Is that what a 4 year old kids leg is worth? I say tie her ass up to the doorknob and get her leg cut off. And what about the fucksticks that tied him to the door? WTF do they get?

Link Posted: 8/17/2005 12:29:45 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
There is not a lot to go on from this story. As usual the press will only give the bare (slanted) facts, but this one really pisses me off:

Grandmother pleads guilty in felony child-abuse case
linky

DURHAM - A woman whose grandson lost a leg after it was tied to a doorknob pleaded guilty to being an accessory after the fact to felony child abuse and agreed to testify against her daugh-ter and son-in-law, the boy's parents.

Desiree Joann Justice, 47, pleaded guilty Monday. If she fulfills the agreement with prosecutors, she will be put on 12 months' probation. In May 2004, Justice's 4-year-old grandson lost his right leg when it developed gangrene after it was tied to a doorknob over-night, cutting off his circulation.

Justice was not at the home at the time but was called the next day and was told that the boy had problems with his leg, Assistant District Attorney Mitchell Garrell said. Rather than ask for help, she recommended that the couple treat the boy at home, Garrell said.

12 months probation????? Is that what a 4 year old kids leg is worth? I say tie her ass up to the doorknob and get her leg cut off. And what about the fucksticks that tied him to the door? WTF do they get?

Now now, you must understand people like that do not see that what they are doing is wrong.  In their mind that are doing what they think is best.  These people are not evil and full of malice, they are sick.
3Ss
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 12:30:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Bitch should  be shot  
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 12:32:53 PM EDT
[#3]
cut HER leg off...cram it up her ass.  I'm kind of zero tolerance when it comes to shit like this.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 5:27:37 PM EDT
[#4]
I am struggling to grasp the basis for prosecution when the offense consists of replying to a phone call saying that a kid has "problems with his leg" by suggesting that be treated at home. From the article it looks like she

1. did not have actual physical custody of the child;

2. had no legal responsibility for the child; and

3. did not know the nature or extent of the "problems."

Where is the crime, and why are people so upset at this woman? If somebody called you and said "My kid has problems with his leg," should you be arrested if you fail to give the best possible advice? If so, shouldn't you go to jail for offering no advice, or for failing to answer the phone?

Link Posted: 8/17/2005 5:31:23 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
cut HER leg off...cram it up her ass.  I'm kind of zero tolerance when it comes to shit like this.

Bingo.
I have no tolerance or sympathy for someone who abuses a child.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 5:47:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Anyone who abuses helpless children or the elderly deserves the wood chipper.....feet first.  What a horrible story.  After 45 minutes to an hour a person develops an agonizing pain known as "tourniquit pain."  I wouldn't want to imagine the kind of pain this child was made to suffer.  
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 5:59:49 PM EDT
[#7]
I think I remember hearing about this before, did this actually occur a couple years ago or is it another incident? I'm tired of Durham

ETA: nevermind i missed that it was 2004
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:13:08 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Bitch should  be shot  

Fuckin A.  Shoot them, shoot them all.  
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:25:28 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Bitch should  be shot  

+ 1 [bullet to the head]
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:31:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Child abusers need 1 rnd of .22 Lr in the forhead.Period.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top