Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/28/2001 4:57:47 PM EDT
Since Browning wimped out and no longer imports one of the best pistols in the world, has another importer taken up the line, my first HP is starting to show signs of wear, and I would like a new one.
I had heard that FN was going to distribute them, but I don't think they sell to the general public. [pistol]
Link Posted: 3/29/2001 7:37:24 PM EDT
[#1]
I recently saw a DA Browning Hi-Power clone, but has anyone seen the Single Action?
I think the Hi-Power is one of the more underated pistols put there. I just wish new ones were being produced.
Link Posted: 3/30/2001 5:27:36 AM EDT
[#2]
FN sells to distributors that sell to the GP. CDNN is one of the distributors. Look for gun shops that cater to LE & you will find them.
Scott
Link Posted: 3/30/2001 6:09:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Has Browning really stopped importation of Browning HPs?

Even with the one with parts built on FN but are assempled by Portugal?

Man, I better snatch one up soon at a gunshow then.

Link Posted: 3/30/2001 7:11:28 AM EDT
[#4]
www.aimsurplus.com is due to get a batch in.  They come with two Hi-cap mags, holster, and mag carriers.  They are from the Israeli Military / Special Forces.

I got one from them last time around for $299 handpicked.  I think mine was a training gun since it had reflective tape at the muzzle and the internals look unused.  The do have a lot of surface wear, and are painted.  I had mine reparked and it looks brand new.

BTW mine had Fabrique Nationale Belgium (sp?) stamped on the slide
Link Posted: 3/30/2001 7:29:18 AM EDT
[#5]
I can also vouch for the imported HPs above...I got one of the Hand selected ones about a year ago to shoot IDPA with...paid a little extra for the Hand Selected...what I got was a Tight Barrel to Slide lockup, Tight Frame rail to Slide Fit and Matching Serial# on Slide Barrel and Frame...

Since then I've installed a new barrel(the old ones rifling was a litle weak) NOVAK Low Mount Tritium Rear with a Heinie Tritium Front, Trigger and action job, Custom grips and Re-parkerized

AWESOME HIGH POWER for less than $475.00 total
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 6:31:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Does aimsurplus still have these and does anyone else carry them?
Link Posted: 4/26/2001 7:01:26 PM EDT
[#7]
I got mine from AIM also. I couldn't be happier with it for the price. I had our armorer look at it and he said the internals were brand new and showed very little use.
It has a few scratches on it but it's the internals that count to me.
Get one!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top