Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 7/31/2005 10:57:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/31/2005 11:58:49 AM EDT by sysop]
Ok here goes, I got one of those fancy Digital Camera's a week or so ago, nothing fancy just a Kodak EasyShare cx7530 so I decided to get all the kids together for a photo shoot and let me tell you it was no easy task. All the squabbling, "Dad he's touching me!".

"I'm not touching youuuuu."

"Daad!" and so on. <sighs>

So I finally got them all to settle down long enough for pictures to be taken and now I submit them for your enjoyment.

These are my best behaved kids. I adopted them from foriegn countries. They eat just about anything and hardly ever complain though they do have a bit of an attitude when dealing some of my other kids:

Arsenal SA-M7 and M7SF

VeprII

These two are my only bolt guns.
Model 77RL Mark II .308 Blue with Walnut/Leupold V-III 4.5x14 Tactical and Harris Bi-pod
Gibsb - Enfield MK-IV Jungle Carbine .308

Professional Ordnance Carbon 15 .223 carbine with Bushnell Holo-sight

(This rifle was built before Pro-Ord started assembly line production, not the parkerized fluted barrel. Chamber and bore are chromed and as long as I feed it target grade ammo she behaves well.)

Ruger 10-22 with Leupold compact 4x28mm.

These are the CCW Kids:

The Semi-auto handguns:

The revolvers:
The two model 36's are actually nickle finished but they look stainless in the pic.

And here are all my pointy bits:
The one in the box is an NRA Constitutional Comemmorative I bought in an auction to benefit the Arizona Trappers Association many years ago.

No Family is complete without a few of these:

The AK's are fun, but these are my pride and joy. Both are Bushmasters an A3(unfired) and an A-2 that I recently bought an no-ban upper for:

Finally Here is where most of them are stored:

Well, there they are. I hope you enjoyed meeting them oh and I almost forgot. Here's my wife and my dog. No obvious jokes please:

So their they are. What do you think?

Link Posted: 7/31/2005 2:00:39 PM EDT
You have a nice family!
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 2:02:02 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Painter:
You have a nice family!

Well we do put the "fun" in disfunctional sometimes but I love them all.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 2:24:24 PM EDT
The dog has memory wipe.

G
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 2:25:32 PM EDT
Great pics.....
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 2:52:28 PM EDT

Originally Posted By glock23carry:
The dog has memory wipe.

G

Eh?

Link Posted: 7/31/2005 3:17:06 PM EDT
Looks like you need a bigger safe...
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 3:34:30 PM EDT
What can I say but NICE!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 3:38:09 PM EDT
How much did the carbon fibre AR set you back?
How's she shoot?
What's the optic like?
Is it as reliable as a forged aluminium reciever AR?
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 3:39:24 PM EDT

Originally Posted By uberdog:

Yeah it is a little cramped. If I got a bigger safe I'm not sure where I'd put it,

The wife and I have been saving up to get a place of our own. A 2 or 3 bedroom condo in a complex with a decent grassed common area to play frisbee with the dog.

We're doing ok now but it seems as if regardless of what we do our cost of living would as much as triple if we actually bought a home. In some opinions we are only paying rent and not benifiting from being home owners but if we were to buy a home we'd be paying twice or more what we are paying now in rent +HOA fees. I'm not entirely sure the tax benefits would be able to suck up the difference.

The wife really wants a house but if we get a house it will have a yard. I don't want a yard. I had my own Lawn Maintenance Landscape business for 12 years here in AZ. I've had my fill of mowing, raking trimming trees and being covered with mudd fixing broken sprinkler or drip system lines when it 117 degrees outside.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 3:52:49 PM EDT

Originally Posted By sysop:

The dog has memory wipe.

G

Eh?

He looks like the "Men in Black" just wiped his memory.

G
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 3:59:08 PM EDT

The dog has memory wipe.

G

Eh?

He looks like the "Men in Black" just wiped his memory.

G

Well "her" as in the dogs eyes are actually blue. That was my first pic of her with this camera and I used the "red eye removal feature" I agree it's not so great. Damned if I used it and likely damned if I didn't.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 4:05:43 PM EDT

I was thinking the same thing............time to upgrade
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 4:28:53 PM EDT

Originally Posted By BlairHous:
How much did the carbon fibre AR set you back?
How's she shoot?
What's the optic like?
Is it as reliable as a forged aluminium reciever AR?

Well this is a little more complicated than one would expect. I paid $1200 for that particular rifle with the Bushnell Optic. As I said above this particular rifle was manufactured before, indeed a couple of years before the Pro-Ord Company attempted to mass produce their ill-fated product.

As I said she shoots great as long as I feed her decent ammo. The Bushnell Optic is OK and I get good groups at 100yds but I've been planning to put a real scope like a Leupold 3x9 or something so I can start using it for coyotes but then under the circumstances every time I start to do that I stop.

This rifle is different from the garden variety Pro-Ord Type 97 Carbine that dissapointed so many.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 5:00:20 PM EDT

The wife really wants a house but if we get a house it will have a yard. I don't want a yard.

Clearly, you haven't seen the homes that are being built these days. I don't think any of them have anything that could be classified as a "yard". Mostly just a postage-stamp piece of land. Why do you think they have a second story?

Back to topic, nice collection. One of these days I'll have to take pics of my "kids" and post them for all to enjoy.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 5:05:36 PM EDT

Originally Posted By MP5_guy:

The wife really wants a house but if we get a house it will have a yard. I don't want a yard.

Clearly, you haven't seen the homes that are being built these days. I don't think any of them have anything that could be classified as a "yard". Mostly just a postage-stamp piece of land. Why do you think they have a second story?

Back to topic, nice collection. One of these days I'll have to take pics of my "kids" and post them for all to enjoy.

Well that was a point too. Why bother bothering to buy a house with a tiny yard that I would have to maintain when we can buy a condo with a reasonably sized common area that I won't have to maintian. I realize that this means that I will have to pay HOA dues but IMHO this would be preferable as apposed to keeping my own yard.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 5:31:42 PM EDT

True, but I'm sure 90% of people looking at his post have a safe that looks like that. If you do have space you must fill it.

Great pics!
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 8:58:43 PM EDT
Thanks
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 9:14:25 PM EDT

No obvious jokes please:

What would be the joke? I say you have a very nice family, both the steel kind and the real kind.

Link Posted: 7/31/2005 9:38:52 PM EDT

Originally Posted By zrxc77:

No obvious jokes please:

What would be the joke? I say you have a very nice family, both the steel kind and the real kind.

The obvious jokes would have been mean spirited. Apparently you are not mean spirited so lets just let it go.
Top Top