User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/14/2011 12:48:16 PM EDT
What do you guys think?

Trailer

Synopsis

Link Posted: 5/14/2011 12:51:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Saw some previews on something else I was watching the other night. Looked like a decent shoot 'em up.
Link Posted: 5/14/2011 1:20:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Don't worry, It will be cancelled right when it gets good
Link Posted: 5/14/2011 2:34:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Or, it will have an awesome first season, an ok second, and then devolve into wtfbbq.

Link Posted: 5/14/2011 2:42:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Being written by the guy who screwed me with BSG?

Pass.
Link Posted: 5/14/2011 2:46:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Its BSG without the space ships.
Link Posted: 5/14/2011 2:52:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

No sir, you are thinking of the syfi network. They would cancel it for more semi nekid men wrassling and ghost hunting shit.

Looks good, I will be watching it.
Link Posted: 5/14/2011 2:57:52 PM EDT
[#7]
WANT
Link Posted: 5/14/2011 2:59:52 PM EDT
[#8]
I thought Battlestar Galactica sucked.  But I'm willing to give this one a chance.  Promo's looked good.
Link Posted: 5/14/2011 3:01:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Thats gonna get canceled faster than you can say "The Librarian". The only thing I'm looking forward to on the Ghost Wrasslin channel is the BSG Prequel Blood and Chrome.
Link Posted: 5/14/2011 3:03:11 PM EDT
[#10]
I'll be watching.
Link Posted: 5/14/2011 3:11:49 PM EDT
[#11]
If there ever was a time we needed Galactica, now is the time.  

vmax84
Link Posted: 5/14/2011 3:14:31 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Or, it will have an awesome first season, an ok second, and then devolve into wtfbbq.

pretty much. all the shows i like do that like Lost and Fringe great first season then not so much followed up with a just getting this shit over with final season.

Link Posted: 5/14/2011 3:16:28 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

pretty much. all the shows i like do that like Lost and Fringe great first season then not so much followed up with a just getting this shit over with final season.

I always felt that Lost jumped the shark going into season 4. Its almost as if the writers get bored after the first season.

Link Posted: 5/14/2011 3:24:32 PM EDT
[#14]
I hope it is more action than drama.

Link Posted: 5/14/2011 3:26:48 PM EDT
[#15]
It'll suck.  It has that "this is going to suck" look about it.
Link Posted: 5/14/2011 3:30:21 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Do you have any idea how many TV shows I like and have that had VERY short lives? Why the fuck is that always the case? The good/decent shows cost money to make and they HATE spending money to make money. They'd rather spend small amounts on "reality" style bullshit than the money it takes to develop a decent show with props, sets, and special effects.
Lets see here:
Stargate Universe

Legend of the Seeker

Firefly

Space: Above and Beyond

Stargate Atlantis (5 seasons but still got axed before it was "done")

Jeremiah

Jericho

Rome

Terminator: SCC

The Unit

Crusade (Babylon 5 spinoff)

V (not super great, but it was entertaining)

Link Posted: 5/14/2011 3:30:28 PM EDT
[#17]

Whew, I was worried they would forget to add a Ripley, thank goodness the producers remembered to put one in the show.

Link Posted: 5/14/2011 3:31:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

No sir, you are thinking of the syfi network. They would cancel it for more semi nekid men wrassling and ghost hunting shit.

We are also thinking about Fox
Link Posted: 5/14/2011 3:35:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Was he the writer that came up with:

Frack!  Bang!

That was some damn good writing.  

Just read Spielberg is executive producer.  It's gonna suck.
Link Posted: 5/14/2011 3:35:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

True, but the syfi channel has fox beat in that department of late.
Link Posted: 5/14/2011 3:35:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, fuck Fox.

vmax84

Link Posted: 5/14/2011 3:41:44 PM EDT
[#22]
I liked BSG. Hopefully this show will be a good one.I am still waiting for The Walking Dead to come back on, soon, very soon...
Link Posted: 5/14/2011 3:44:18 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

I liked BSG. Hopefully this show will be a good one.I am still waiting for The Walking Dead to come back on, soon, very soon...

Is six months soon? It might be in Duke Nukem Forever time.

Link Posted: 5/14/2011 3:51:22 PM EDT
[#24]
It could be interesting.
My bet what will happen.
It will have an awomse first season
They will jump its time slot around ever 3-4 months
Then cancel it because the ratings drop after they left off with a huge cliff hanger season finale.
Link Posted: 5/14/2011 4:01:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Fox has got a bigger graveyard than the Sci Fi Channel http://video.adultswim.com/family-guy/weve-been-cancelled.html
Link Posted: 5/14/2011 4:03:06 PM EDT
[#26]
If it's on SyFy then I'm not watching it!
Link Posted: 5/14/2011 4:04:45 PM EDT
[#27]
History professors and gangbangers unite with a pediatrician to save the world?   They could not write ONE military member into the script?  Not so much as a  19-year old Airman  home on leave?  
Link Posted: 5/14/2011 4:06:17 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
History professors and gangbangers unite with a pediatrician to save the world?   They could not write ONE military member into the script?  Not so much as a  19-year old Airman  home on leave?  

Spielberg.  It's gonna blow chunks.
Link Posted: 5/14/2011 4:12:30 PM EDT
[#29]
Too much cgi, it's going to die.
Link Posted: 5/14/2011 4:18:53 PM EDT
[#30]
Walking dead was great, I'll give this show a try.
Link Posted: 5/14/2011 4:21:39 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

This. Fuck the buttfucking hippies. Fuck their buttfucking bullshit. Fuck the buttfucking lot of them and their buttfucking KABALA! dogma.

Link Posted: 5/14/2011 5:04:53 PM EDT
[#32]
In
Link Posted: 5/14/2011 5:45:57 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
It could be interesting.
My bet what will happen.
It will have an awomse first season
They will jump its time slot around ever 3-4 months
Then cancel it because the ratings drop after they left off with a huge cliff hanger season finale.

Don't forget the fucking retarded half season and then make you wait 6+ months to see it again. In the meantime you've gotten on to something else, and may not return to said show.
Link Posted: 5/14/2011 5:52:58 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

I always felt that Lost jumped the shark going into season 4. Its almost as if the writers get bored after the first season.  

The problem was the writer's strike.  That's when it all went downhill for LOST.  Season 4 came out being of lower quality and also being much shorter and the show never recovered from that.  Season 5 was also short and at the last minute they extended Season 6, although it was still short.  Despite Season 4 only being somewhat good and Season 5 being closer to mediocre, I still found it interesting and I think it had potential to be ended well.  But Season 6 was just downright awful.  It made Seasons 4 and 5 look awesome by comparison.  It made little sense, tried to do too much in too short a time, and also lacked continuity with the other 5 Seasons of the show on a number of points, which just increased the WTF factor towards the end of the season.

Season 5 ended well enough that I think the show's story could be saved by scrapping the original Season 6 and starting over with higher quality writing and closer attention to detail including to continuity.  It would either have to be a full season like the first 3, or one would have to do two short seasons.  And it would have to use the exact same cast before age takes too much of a toll on appaearance.  It's not gonna happen, of course.  I don't think that's ever happened.  Too bad, though.

As for Falling Skies, it looks interesting, and since all of the good shows I like are dropping like flies, I want something worth watching.  We'll see how good it is, of course.  I'm really hoping it turns out to be a good series, but I'm pessimistic about it lasting if it is good, given what happend to most of the shows I've liked over the years.
Link Posted: 5/14/2011 5:55:50 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

What kind of character is Dale Dye playing?
Link Posted: 5/14/2011 6:02:13 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Quoted:

This. Fuck the buttfucking hippies. Fuck their buttfucking bullshit. Fuck the buttfucking lot of them and their buttfucking KABALA! dogma.

So, what are you trying to say?

Link Posted: 5/14/2011 6:03:11 PM EDT
[#37]
This was actually a project that was shelved years ago but now that there isn't shit else they figure you guys will gobble it up...
Link Posted: 5/14/2011 7:57:13 PM EDT
[#38]
I liked BSG.  

I'll watch this.
Link Posted: 6/19/2011 7:15:06 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:

A by the  book military commander of a rag tag bunch of civilians.
Link Posted: 6/19/2011 7:20:48 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A by the  book military commander of a rag tag bunch of civilians.

Armed Civilians from what i saw tonight. AND a lot of finger off trigger action no less.

Is Billy going to live?, Good......................................bang
Link Posted: 6/19/2011 7:33:15 PM EDT
[#41]
Will they put the show on the web?  I don't have TV no more.
Link Posted: 6/19/2011 7:34:23 PM EDT
[#42]
I just hope they don't kill the hot blonde females in this one.
Link Posted: 6/20/2011 1:37:23 PM EDT
[#43]
I don't either. Watching right now on sidereel.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top