Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/3/2002 10:00:17 AM EDT
I bring sad news of another fallen Special Forces Member.  At this time all I can tell you that he was stationed here at Bragg and a father and a devoted husband and that he loved the lord very much. He was killed yesterday during the massive fire fight in Afghanistan. He was a personal friend of mine, and a hell of a soldier.
The name has yet to be announced to the public and has yet to be published to the people of Fayetteville/ Ft. Bragg. It was told to the people of our church as of this morning. He left behind 2 small children and a wife. She was notified on Friday of this unfortunate death, She had a bad feeling that something was wrong all day. She had called his unit and they told her that she needed to go home. There she was confirmed that it was her husband that has be killed. The family is taking it well and they ask for prayer at this time.

Update
The Soldier Killed was Stan Harriman 3rd Special Forces Group Ft Bragg NC.

I plan to print this thread off and deliver it to the family, If you would like to send cards Please email me I will give you my address and I will hand deliver them to the family. Please continue to pray for the family and friends.

Thank you all for your response thus far.

Acftgrunt

[url=http://www.fayettevillenc.com/obj_stories/2002/mar/m05bragg.shtml]Fayetteville Observer interveiw with Shelia Harriman[/url]

'He's A Hero,' Says Widow Of Green Beret Killed In Afghan Combat
(New York Times, March 5, 2002)
Chief Warrant Officer Stanley L. Harriman, the Special Forces soldier killed in battle in Afghanistan on Saturday, was an attentive father, a born-again Christian, a skilled carpenter and an avid golfer and deer hunter, his family said.

[red]For those of you who can and would like to attend the funeral of CWO Stan Harriman it will start at the Special Forces Memorial Chapel on Fort Bragg at 11 o'clock Friday. Another Memorial/Funeralwill then be held at Arran Lake Baptist Church at 3 o'clock. From there it will be a Family only ceremony. I hope that all that can attend will. Again thank you for your post I plan to print them out Thursday evening and give the thread to the Family. [/red]

Link Posted: 3/3/2002 10:51:15 AM EDT
[#1]
May God give peace and comfort in this time of their loss. As an American, I appreciate his sacrifice to keep my family, my friends and my country free. I will say a prayer for him and those whom he left behind.

We all should mourn this loss...God help his family recover.

[b][blue]NAKED[/blue][/b]...and sad.
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 10:56:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 10:58:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Ditto...Naked-Gunman. The loss is great to us all, and we will burn the fires of prayers for him and his family.
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 11:03:26 AM EDT
[#4]
[V][USA]
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 11:04:57 AM EDT
[#5]
It is so wonderful to know that this brave man was a Christian and that he is safe in the arms of our Lord.
To have men of faith serve in our armed forces and be willing to sacrifice their lives for us is so humbling to people such as myself.
I pray that the Lord will protect and comfort His wife and children and the rest of his family.
Someday those of us who know the Lord may get to meet this brave soul in paradise.
Thankyou for posting this information and not omitting the part about him being a Christian.

Lee
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 11:18:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Prayers sent.  Thanks to him, and the rest of our armed forces. It isn't enough, but it is all I have.
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 11:42:29 AM EDT
[#7]
I deeply feel for his family, and I am grateful that men such as him still love their country enough to risk their lives for it daily.
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 11:47:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 11:50:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 11:55:11 AM EDT
[#10]
 There is a shady place by the river in Paradise for souls such as this, that stand between the sheep and the wolves.
"Greater love hath no man than this, that he lay down his life for his friends."  How much greater for those of us unknown to him but as fello Americans.   May god bless and strengthen his family.

Link Posted: 3/3/2002 11:57:00 AM EDT
[#11]
My condolences to the family.

The news reports said several other GI's were injured, were any of them from Bragg do you know?  
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 12:13:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Sorry to hear about your friend. My condolences go out to his family and friends.

Link Posted: 3/3/2002 12:16:40 PM EDT
[#13]
Please convey my condolences to his family and may we never forget the ultimate sacrifice he made for us.
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 12:54:05 PM EDT
[#14]
My prayers and condolences go out to him and his family.
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 1:24:22 PM EDT
[#15]
He and his family are in God's hands, now, and may the Lord give you some comfort to help you through your loss, too.

We all owe him and his fellows a debt we'll never be able to repay, but we should do what we can to honor and remember them all.

Link Posted: 3/3/2002 2:28:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Everyone who wears the uniform of the United States Military I consider family. We ALL share this loss.
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 3:42:23 PM EDT
[#17]
[USA]
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 3:51:17 PM EDT
[#18]
God bless.
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 3:52:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 4:16:04 PM EDT
[#20]
God bless him and his family in their time of loss.

We should get the announcement for the memorial ceremony Monday, I expect.
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 7:56:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 8:11:55 PM EDT
[#22]
God Bless him ,his family . friends and his fellow soldiers who are defending our country and way of life .

Link Posted: 3/3/2002 8:17:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 8:50:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 9:10:32 PM EDT
[#25]
The Eagle is shedding another tear today. Godspeed and Thanks to your friend, and his loved ones.  
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 9:19:31 PM EDT
[#26]
acftgrunt,
It pains me beyond measure to learn of the death of a soldier in battle.  Especially knowing that the soldier left behind a family.  Will you tell his family this for me:

THANK YOU.

"Those who have long enjoyed such privileges as we enjoy forget in time that men have died to win them." --Franklin D. Roosevelt
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 10:06:56 PM EDT
[#27]
Our country has lost another hero.  

We have lost someone who has devoted his life to defend us, and for this I am grateful!  

[b]God Bless this Soldier, Husband, Father[/b]

medcop
Link Posted: 3/3/2002 11:05:30 PM EDT
[#28]
God bless this true hero...[usa]
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 1:56:26 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
acftgrunt,

If we send you cards, could you deliver them to his family?
View Quote

Of Course.. Let me know I will send my address to people Via E-mail..

This would mean alot to the famliy.
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 6:19:56 AM EDT
[#30]
Bless this fallen hero and his family. [USA]
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 10:06:50 AM EDT
[#31]
GOD does move in mysterious ways.
This soldier (MAN) died for us yet Rosie and Hanoi Jane live free in the country he died to protect.

My prayers have been said for the family.
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 10:20:51 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
acftgrunt,

View Quote

View Quote

I would like to do this also. Please send me your address.

To the family:
I feel that no word I say can ever ease your suffering over the loss of a loved one. I have no doubt that he is in a very special place in heaven. This man is a true American hero. I only hope I can serve my country as bravely as he did. You all will remain in my prayers.

Cpl. Van Wie
G Co. 2/24
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 10:29:03 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
acftgrunt,

View Quote

View Quote

I would like to do this also. Please send me your address.

To the family:
I feel that no word I say can ever ease your suffering over the loss of a loved one. I have no doubt that he is in a very special place in heaven. This man is a true American hero. I only hope I can serve my country as bravely as he did. You all will remain in my prayers.

Cpl. Van Wie
G Co. 2/24
View Quote

And you will remain in our prayers.
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 1:05:52 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 1:10:19 PM EDT
[#35]
To The Family Of Stan Harriman;

There is no way a simple thank you can express the gratitude I feel for what your loved one has given for me, my family and this country.

I can't even bare to thank you as it just seems so inadequate.

My Dear God, Thank You for men like Stan Harriman.
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 1:35:49 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 1:40:31 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 2:34:07 PM EDT
[#38]
My sincerest sympathies for your family's loss and my most grateful appreciation for what your husband/father/son gave.
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 2:54:24 PM EDT
[#39]
Words cannot begin to describe how much I appreciate Stan Harriman's sacrifice for all of us.  Thank you, and may God comfort you in your time of grief.
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 3:24:16 PM EDT
[#40]
My prayers are going out to his freinds & family.  No greater sacrifice could be asked of a person.
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 5:30:59 PM EDT
[#41]
A true patriot I'm sure.
[usa]

Bob B
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 6:03:26 PM EDT
[#42]
Godspeed and may God's blessings be on the family.

ChrisG

[USA]
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 6:43:31 PM EDT
[#43]
I really can't say much that already hasn't been said.

god bless this soldier. My prayers are with him and his family

[USA]
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 10:39:41 PM EDT
[#44]
One thing is certain.  He died performing a noble service to this country, and indeed all of humanity.  My sympathies and prayers go out to his family and friends.  It is an unfair and harsh world we live in.
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 9:42:08 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 11:05:43 AM EDT
[#46]
I thank him and all the other soldiers who lost thier lives to defend to great country and the freedoms we share everyday. God bless him and his Family.
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 1:41:17 PM EDT
[#47]
The men who offer their lives for the safety of those of us at home have no equals. The families of those men bear a terrible burden also.
My heart goes out to his wife and family.
Perhaps time will heal their pain, certainly not the few words written here.
I thank him for his sacrifice, and send my condolences to the family.
My own problems suddenly seem smaller today.
Billy Porter
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 2:16:36 PM EDT
[#48]
God bless those who pledge "their lives, their fortunes, their sacred honor" to defend freedom from those that would try to destroy it.  I pray that Chief Warrant Officer Harriman's family can take some comfot in knowing that his sacrifice is genuinely appreciated my MANY Americans..
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 3:31:54 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 3/5/2002 6:16:41 PM EDT
[#50]
I will give my sons an extra hug tonight, and pray for his children that they always feel loved.  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top