Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/17/2017 4:43:10 PM EDT
My ass!

Cliff notes. Just outside the top 10. Are you F ING kidding me?
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 4:50:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 4:53:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Anyone who doesn't think Washington is #1 is misinformed.

That's a ridiculous survey which elevates advocates of expanded Federal power (for the most part)
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 4:55:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Depends on your bias and what you define as "great"

You know, 4 out of 5 dentists recommend....
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 4:57:38 PM EDT
[#4]
That fucker was among the absolute worst, and probably did as much if not more harm to the republic as any other one.

The historians will however, write the history, so he will end up great.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 5:03:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Ask a hand picked group a question a certain way, get the desired response.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 5:04:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Academics are lefties, historians are no exception. Any left-wing political figure who's alive at the same time they are they're going to fall all over themselves for. In 30 years it'll be different. W will eventually be ranked well above BHO.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 5:12:12 PM EDT
[#7]
So a professor at a historically black university thought Obama should have been ranked higher? This is my shocked face.  
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 5:13:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Well Lincoln was #1 and FDR #3 so I think you know the mindset of those participating, lol
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 5:20:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Lol
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 5:23:28 PM EDT
[#10]
JFK in the top ten? For being shot would be my guess.
Give Newsweek credit though, all the fans and haters will click on the link and they'll make some change off it.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 5:26:55 PM EDT
[#11]
B.S.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 5:28:49 PM EDT
[#12]
We still have historian factories here in America?  Cool!  I thought all that important labor got outsourced.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 6:29:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
My ass!

Cliff notes. Just outside the top 10. Are you F ING kidding me?
View Quote
So basically, a panel of university professors rank presidents based on what? If you think about what George Washington believed in and compared that to Obama, you would either rank George Washington as the worst liberal president ever, or Obama as the worst conservative president. It's all subjective. 
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 7:46:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So basically, a panel of university professors rank presidents based on what? If you think about what George Washington believed in and compared that to Obama, you would either rank George Washington as the worst liberal president ever, or Obama as the worst conservative president. It's all subjective. 
View Quote

Keep in mind Washington had both Jefferson and Hamilton (read federalist and anti-federalist) in his cabinet.

Oh wait,  let me back up.  Washington fucking CREATED the very fucking idea of a cabinet. That's right.  GW hated tyranny so much he made a team of (four at the time) advisors to speak with on big decisions. And then he put the opposite political ideals at the time directly next to him.

Why? So he could make the best decisions for the country. A new country.

I'm sorry,  I'm not yelling at you.

I could go on a wall of text rant that George Washington is easily,  hands down the best president ever.

Until FDRs power lust, necessitating a constitutional fucking amendment,  it was so widely known George Washington was the best fucking president ever,  successors simply followed what he did. His precedents. Most of which,  including the title of Mr President (to de elevate the position), are still in use today.

Seeing Lincoln and FDR anywhere near GW is ignorant and triggers me.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 8:11:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Brought to you by the same group that predicted a "landslide victory for hitlery"
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 8:12:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 8:19:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 8:24:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Didn't bother watching the vid.

Just my opinion, but if there were such a place as a U.S. Presidential, Valhalla, and Obama came a knocking. I gotta believe they would all be in there, looking out the window, laughing, and saying, go watch the Trump vid. Could have been you buddy, sorry.
Link Posted: 2/17/2017 8:31:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Here's my list.

1. Lincoln
2. Washington
3. FDR
4. Jefferson
5. Jackson
6. Reagan
7. Teddy Roosevelt
8. Monroe
9. Polk
10. Truman
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top