Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/3/2006 3:39:10 PM EDT
Weren't there other guys doing this in Detroit about 4-5 months ago?  Pulling off home invasion robberies while playing dress up. I doubt anybody could get through my current doors without taking the entire wall down anyway (they are always locked and WILL NOT open to the inside of the house) We had a guy around here sexually assaulting women years ago after pulling them over with a dashboard bluelight and wearing a fake uniform, scary stuff.

2 Men Possibly Linked to Fake Cop Robberies

January 3, 2006

Tuesday, police arrested 2 men on Detroit’s west side, who may have committed robberies by posing as police officers.

During a routine traffic stop, around noon on Tuesday, police realized the two men they stopped were wanted on warrants. In the vehicle police found police hats, a loaded gun and a hockey mask.

One of the men was wanted for violating his parole on a conviction for armed robbery.

Deputy Chief Marshall Lyons said, "Any time you run across a person that has police paraphernalia and guns, it kind of concerns you because there are people out here impersonating police and they’re robbing our citizens."

Detroit police are now asking anyone who might have been robbed by two men posing as cops to call 313-596-1201

http://www.detnow.com/wxyz/nw_local_news/article/0,2132,WXYZ_15924_4360733,00.html
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 3:54:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Let me propose a new penalty for an old law... Impersonating a police officer... execution.

This is a danger to the public AND to police.
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 4:45:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I prosecuted a crew for that. 3 "plainclothes narcs" (i.e., dressed like dirtbags, but with ninja masks) and 1 in uniform (a security guard getup that closely imitated the local SO uniform).
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 12:45:46 AM EDT
[#3]

Deputy Chief Marshall Lyons said, "Any time you run across a person that has police paraphernalia and guns, it kind of concerns you because there are people out here impersonating police and they’re robbing our citizens."

Man, I'll say.  Cops with guns are fucking terrifying.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top