Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/18/2006 8:50:42 PM EDT
Has happened in the past and will happen in the future, what would you do if "cops" attempt to serve a warrant on your home and you know you have done nothing wrong ?

Fake Cops Turn Out to Be Real Robbers
Posted: 4/18/2006 10:06:00 PM
Updated: 4/18/2006 10:15:47 PM

A Rutherford County father of three said the men who pulled up to his house looked like police officers. What happened next wasn't part of any police procedure.

Detectives continued looking for two men, who pretended to be police officers.

They left their victim beaten, angry and wondering when they'll be back.

“You live in the country, you think it's in the city that happens, but it happens everywhere,” robbery victim Boo Odom said.

Boo Odom doesn't always wear a handgun around his house but, then again, he's never known this kind of fear.

“I feel terrible. I'm scared. When a car comes down the road, I don't know if it's friend or foe,” Odom said.

That's because of the two men who pulled up to his Rutherford County home Monday morning.

“It was two cops who said they had a search warrant. They had police hats, police shirts and utility belts with their weapons on them,” Odom said.

They took money, cough medicine and pistols.

“They robbed my guns,” Odom said.

The whole time, Odom said he was tied up and threatened.

“They took a butcher knife and put it next to my head, and said if I made another sound, they were going to put that in my skull,” Odom said.

“I thought I was going to die,” Odom said.

The robbers didn't kill him but they left him living in fear.

“At least [they] let me live. You done robbed me,” Odom said.

“Hopefully, they'll get got. I don’t know. All bad people normally get what's coming to them,” Odom said.

Detectives said this was not a random crime. They believe Odom was targeted and, after sleeping on it, Odom agreed.

He said he doesn't know why the men came after him but thinks he recognized one of them.

Odom's three children, ages 10, 6 and 2 were at school when the gunmen attacked their father. They slept away from home Monday night.

http://www.newschannel5.com/content/news/18690.asp
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 8:52:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Draw down.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 8:53:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Damn beat me to it.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 8:57:20 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't have a good answer for this.  What if they're real cops with the wrong address?  I'm not going to assume that because I'm not a criminal they must be criminals.

This is why I like to answer my door with a pistol hidden in my waistband.  And I'd think that unless they're playing real rough (bust in and knock you down type of rough) you'd be able to get a look at some ID and the warrant.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 8:59:55 PM EDT
[#4]
I can feel good about the fact that I know the local PD guys and most of the County guys so if someone showed up at the doorstep or out in the yard I would know if it was legit or not right off the bat. Someone or some agency I don't recognize, they will be the enemy until proven otherwise. Scary situation for sure.  
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 9:00:59 PM EDT
[#5]
If I knew they weren't real cops, I'd shoot them in the head cause they are probably wearing vests.

-Fidel
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 9:03:46 PM EDT
[#6]
sic my high capacity assault cat on them and shriek with terror
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 9:09:56 PM EDT
[#7]
I would set off the claymores that are in hidden the rhodendrum bushes by the steps leading to the front door.. I that does not do it, Whip out the makrov that it duct taped to the center of my back to throw the cue de gras shots! While yelling for the wife to call 911 we have tangos down!
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 9:12:04 PM EDT
[#8]
I don't give a damn who they are, anyone comes in like that, I'm dropping the D-BOMB on them.

Link Posted: 4/18/2006 9:13:08 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I don't give a damn who they are, anyone comes in like that, I'm dropping the D-BOMB on them.

i45.photobucket.com/albums/f93/DragonsBloodAxe/DESEREAGLEBEAMZ.jpg

DA BEAMZ!
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 9:18:15 PM EDT
[#10]
The real cops around here know me and would not risk showing up on my door step.  Of course if they did have a good reason, then they would probably get a couple dozen bad guys and dress them up like cops and send them to my door step.  
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 9:21:20 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Is that pic in EVERY post of yours now?
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 9:31:19 PM EDT
[#12]
The last time I heard cops busting someones door they did pretty much the same thing. This is a tough one for sure. Maybe look for the snipers across the street to make sure they are for real and not just non-post certed crooks.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 9:57:08 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

WERD!
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 9:58:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Arfcom fantasy # 37.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 9:59:20 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Has happened in the past and will happen in the future, what would you do if "cops" attempt to serve a warrant on your home and you know you have done nothing wrong ?

Fake Cops Turn Out to Be Real Robbers
Posted: 4/18/2006 10:06:00 PM
Updated: 4/18/2006 10:15:47 PM

A Rutherford County father of three said the men who pulled up to his house looked like police officers. What happened next wasn't part of any police procedure.

Detectives continued looking for two men, who pretended to be police officers.

They left their victim beaten, angry and wondering when they'll be back.

“You live in the country, you think it's in the city that happens, but it happens everywhere,” robbery victim Boo Odom said.

Boo Odom doesn't always wear a handgun around his house but, then again, he's never known this kind of fear.

“I feel terrible. I'm scared. When a car comes down the road, I don't know if it's friend or foe,” Odom said.

That's because of the two men who pulled up to his Rutherford County home Monday morning.

“It was two cops who said they had a search warrant. They had police hats, police shirts and utility belts with their weapons on them,” Odom said.

They took money, cough medicine and pistols.

“They robbed my guns,” Odom said.

The whole time, Odom said he was tied up and threatened.

“They took a butcher knife and put it next to my head, and said if I made another sound, they were going to put that in my skull,” Odom said.

“I thought I was going to die,” Odom said.

The robbers didn't kill him but they left him living in fear.

“At least [they] let me live. You done robbed me,” Odom said.

“Hopefully, they'll get got. I don’t know. All bad people normally get what's coming to them,” Odom said.

Detectives said this was not a random crime. They believe Odom was targeted and, after sleeping on it, Odom agreed.

He said he doesn't know why the men came after him but thinks he recognized one of them.

Odom's three children, ages 10, 6 and 2 were at school when the gunmen attacked their father. They slept away from home Monday night.

http://www.newschannel5.com/content/news/18690.asp

1. Sounds like it could be meth.
2. Uh, now they'll be back....... Einstein!
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 10:03:45 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Arfcom fantasy # 37.

Number to LPD taped to back of front door, as I had a couple officers come by last year responding to a wrong address given by dispatch/911.  They were two houses off.  I had just put up the gun I was cleaning when I heard the knock.  I'm sure I smelled like it, too.

They were not happy to see me when I opened the door, because they thought they had the right house and that I had just been beating up my grandmother.  Next time any officers are at my door, LPD gets a call to confirm.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 10:40:11 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Arfcom fantasy # 37.

That would be #87  
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 10:48:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Just another reason why no-knocks are not a good idea.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 11:05:48 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Just another reason why no-knocks are not a good idea.

Yup, especially for some of the bullshit reasons they sometimes do it for.  I don't giva a shit if the guy is flushing ten kilos of heroin down the toilet, that's no excuse for risking lives.

No knocks should only be used if there is immediate and imminent threat to human life...
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 11:09:44 PM EDT
[#20]
I have a FAL
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 11:56:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Don't let anyone in your house without seeing a warrant first.

If they kick down the door though, you'd be forced to fire...and if it is real police, then the carnage that ensues will be on THEIR heads.

Incidents like this are the result of cops being trained in thug-tactics. Now, street-thugs are mimicking the professional thugs with "raids".

The word "raid" has no place in police vocabulary at all, except in hostage-type situations.

Unless you are well-armed enough to survive an encounter with multiple assailants, be they street-thug or rouge police(police that force you to defend yourself because they burst in at 4:00am), you may want to invest in some ramming-proof doors.

Also, incidents such as this are also good meaning to back up a cause for legislation "de-milling" police forces:

1.) Ban raids unless in a hostage situation, or immediate threat to life.
2.) On-duty weapons will no longer be funded via tax-money. Officers will be required to purchase their own PDWs, with departments setting the standards.
3.) Police officers will no longer be excempt from any federal or state gun-laws.

Such legislation would be well, in that it would bring police back down to our level.

C.H.
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 12:50:18 AM EDT
[#22]
I can't believe some one is asking this again.  Now we all get to waste our time reading how every one here is equipped to handle sores of invaders, and would easily repel a forced invasion, because they used to be a mall ninja, and hold the high score at the local Airsoft tourny.  

Link Posted: 4/19/2006 1:04:10 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I can't believe some one is asking this again.  Now we all get to waste our time reading how every one here is equipped to handle sores of invaders, and would easily repel a forced invasion, because they used to be a mall ninja, and hold the high score at the local Airsoft tourny.  

Hey, I for one, know that the way my luck goes, I'll be fucked in either situation...
Link Posted: 4/19/2006 1:06:37 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hey, I for one, know that the way my luck goes, I'll be fucked in either situation...

Exactly.  I have a hard time believing that most members really have the means to pull of a stunt like the ones described here.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top