Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/10/2007 7:17:54 AM EDT
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Former "Survivor" contestant Jonny Fairplay sued Danny Bonaduce, alleging battery and emotional distress after Bonaduce tossed Fairplay over his shoulder at an awards show.

The lawsuit, filed Tuesday in Los Angeles Superior Court, also names the producers of the awards show, the Fox Reality Channel.

Attorneys for Fairplay and for Fox Reality Channel declined to comment. It was unclear whether Bonaduce had retained a lawyer. Attempts to find a phone listing for him or a representative were unsuccessful. An after-hours e-mail message sent to Bonaduce at the Los Angeles radio station where he works was not immediately returned.

Fairplay, whose real name is Jon Dalton, was presenting an award on stage at the Fox Reality Channel "Really Awards" on Oct. 2 when Bonaduce unexpectedly approached him on stage.

When Fairplay ran and jumped into his arms, Bonaduce tossed him over his shoulder. Fairplay hit the floor head first and was hospitalized for injuries to his face and mouth.

With Fairplay "on the ground and blood and broken teeth on the stage floor, Mr. Bonaduce proceeded to parade around the stage with pride," according to the lawsuit.

A video of the incident captured the sound of the audience booing.

Fairplay, 33, is suing for unspecified damages to cover medical expenses, emotional distress and lost earnings. He is also seeking punitive damages.

After an investigation, the district attorney's office decided not to press charges against Bonaduce.

Bonaduce did not intentionally injure Fairplay and his "actions fell within the realm of self-defense," Deputy District Attorney Jeffrey Boxer wrote last week.

Fairplay appeared in the 2003 CBS show "Survivor: Pearl Islands" and came in third.

Bonaduce, 48, was a child star on "The Partridge Family." He starred in the 2005 reality show "Breaking Bonaduce," and has recently co-hosted Adam Carolla's radio show.

Source
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 7:19:15 AM EDT
[#1]
What a fucking queer.

When you jump into a man's arms and start dry humping, WTF do you expect?

Link Posted: 10/10/2007 7:19:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Fight?

Fairplay sexually assaulted Bonaduce. What an asshat. That dumbass will lose.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 7:20:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Translation:    "I'm trying to kickstart my dead career".
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 7:24:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Lost earnings? I had no idea who that asshat was until I saw vid of Bonaduce tossing him on the internet. He should be paying Bonaduce for the publicity.  Douche.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 7:26:55 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Bonaduce did not intentionally injure Fairplay and his "actions fell within the realm of self-defense," Deputy District Attorney Jeffrey Boxer wrote last week.

There ya' go.

Jump on a guy and simulate sex on his face - THAT'S the assault.

Link Posted: 10/10/2007 7:30:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Countersuit.

Emotional duress for being homosexually assaulted on national television.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 7:33:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Does he really expect to win a lawsuit when there is video of him running accross the stage and assaulting someone?

What the hell are you supposed to do when some stranger jumps on you and starts dry humping you?
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 7:34:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Fairplay is an ass and got what he was asking for

Youtube link
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 7:36:18 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Translation:    "I'm trying to kickstart my dead career".

What career?  

This lawsuit will mean smackdown #2 for him.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 7:38:11 AM EDT
[#10]
Had it been me, after tossing him over my shoulder I probably would have kicked him in the ribs a few times just to make sure the message was understood.  As much as I think Bonaduce is a ass I see no problems with fucking up someone who does what Gayplay did.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 7:41:03 AM EDT
[#11]
OK. I watched youtube vid, and I lawl'ed. A lot.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 7:45:19 AM EDT
[#12]
I thought the article's explanation of the event was a bit lacking. The make it sound as though the audience was booing Bonaduce for tossing the guy, while the truth is they were booing Fairplay way before that. They also fail to mention the simulated humping done by Fairplay.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 7:48:51 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I thought the article's explanation of the event was a bit lacking. The make it sound as though the audience was booing Bonaduce for tossing the guy, while the truth is they were booing Fairplay way before that. They also fail to mention the simulated humping done by Fairplay.

Careful, you'll get it turned into a hate crime...
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 8:31:19 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Countersuit.

Emotional duress for being homosexually assaulted on national television.
+1
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 8:33:18 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

There ya' go.

Jump on a guy and simulate sex on his face - THAT'S the assault.

Yup.  When the District Attorney rules that it is self defence, Fairplay doesn't have a leg to stand on.

The jury ruled OJ was "not guilty", but the Browns have basically cleaned his clock in court.
Hopefully, this will not end like that, as the circumstances are much different.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 1:11:54 PM EDT
[#16]
That is as funny as his worthless career. Got what he deserved.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 1:15:14 PM EDT
[#17]
I wouldn't allow another man to jump on me and dry hump me.

Good on Bonaduce.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 1:17:31 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I wouldn't allow another man to jump on me and dry hump me.

Good on Bonaduce.

Well there goes my next question
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 6:02:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Well, turnabout is fairplay.

Is that saying right?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top