Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/27/2003 7:07:06 PM EDT
Feel like barfing your sweet potatoes back up?

Just turn on CNN, and watch the coverage of W's trip to Baghdad. G*dd*mmit, these people are frigging shameless. My blood pressure topped out as I watched. Here's the email I sent those bastards-

I am positively fuming over your slanted, bias coverage of the Presidents' trip to Baghdad. Graphics like "secret mission, true lies?", implications that it was merely a PR stunt, constant reminders of the "after end of major combat operations" body count of brave American soldiers, Whining about being "deceived by the White house press office" make me want to vomit my Thanksgiving dinner.

Here's a news flash for you morons. The trip had to be secret so you jackals would not put the life of the leader of the free world in jeopardy. The snide comments by your anchor and your guests (and even Howard Kurz, who ought to know better) only serve to display for all Americans that it is you, and not the Bush administration, who are consumed by cynicism.

I'm sure the troops in harm's way really enjoy your trashing of the gesture made today. Of course, I'm also sure that since few or none of you are veterans yourselves, you couldn't care less.

Just continue broadcasting in this vein. You are ensuring your gradual slide into obscurity as more regular folks (i.e., us rednecks & white trash who don't live on the coasts) seek alternate sources of information.

As for me and mine, we stand with the troops.
Link Posted: 11/27/2003 7:12:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Funny, the people over at Dung Unlimited are bitching because they claim CNN is falling all over themselves, kissing ass and fawning over the President to make him look good.

[rolleyes]

DUh and CNN, two organizations that deserve each other.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top