Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/15/2001 8:19:55 PM EDT
anyone ever played paintball?

i play a bit. a rather good time. we play like this:

a larger tyrannical goverment force (6-8ppl, but it can be many more or less) patrols a wooded ravine in search of rebel ressistance.

a smaller hidden ressistance force is waiting for the patrol. they usually set up some kind of ambush, or get a patroler alone and snipe them.

some people i play with dont get into it that much, but their just unexpearinced soliders of the goverment just fallowing orders, waliking into a ambush of hard-living rebels.

--or--

thier ratty untrained rebels to be squashed by better armed professional soliders, that all depends on what team im on.
when im a solider i carry lots more gear ( sevral hundred rds or paint and a 200 rd hopper) when im a rebel i lose extra gear and go a gun and 45 rds of paint. i chande tactics of the diffrent teams. as a solider i shoot a lot more and yell to my fellow soliders to cordinate out effort. as a rebel i sneak around more and make no noise and usually only take shots when i have to,(to conserve our low supplys of ammo) and either way i dont step out of charicter untill the game is over.

yesterday 2 greenhorn soldiers walked righ to me. they spoted me at about 40 yds due to poor camo. a short shoot out occored. i fould my gun was only lobbing paint at about 1/2 speed and getting worst (my gun is really broken, i find out later) so they drew back to some good cover, but they turned around when they did this, losing sight of me. i hid with my broken gun behind a tree and they thought i went down the ravine. they started taking fire from the oppisite side of the ravine so they hit some cover and fired back. looking away from me, they had made a fatal error. i bellycrawled up to the first one and 1 horrible shots out of my busted gun scored a head shot. the gun was getting worse and i knew it had nothing left. the other solider still want aware i was stalking him. as fire raged all around i scored a bayonet kill (tapping enemy with barrel tip). this ended that game. the next game ended in tragidy, i had bellycrawled up a 2 ft deep frigid creek and lay in the mud for 20 min, my time had come, the best solider on that team ( scored all thier kills in that game) went up the hill and walked into my trap. i fallowed him for a sec and BANG. o shit , no paint came out! parts flew off my gun. he turned around and layed out a burst of 5 shots. i managed to avoind them, but the next scored a body hit. game over

time to get a new paintball gun.

paintball is awsome when played with a scenero in mind. some guys play bank robbery sceneros. i think that would be cool.
Link Posted: 4/15/2001 8:28:07 PM EDT
[#1]
"time to get a new paintball gun"

want to but an 2000 autococker?
Link Posted: 4/15/2001 8:37:43 PM EDT
[#2]
no, too expensive. would rather buy real gun. if i was gonna spend taht kind of $ i would get a AT 85. anyway thier is no source of HPA or N2 for like 200 miles of my hick town
Link Posted: 4/15/2001 11:19:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Sounds like fun wish they had something like that out here, all the fields nearby are speedball (god I hate speedball all you ever see are these John Rambo wannabe's with spray and pray tactics).  I built up a Spyder Tournament Edition in to a Low Pressure gun (which reminds me I still need the LP spring for my reg) over the winter and would like to play his summer but I don't think I'll get to do it much because of my work schedule (I work weekends). [:(]
Link Posted: 4/16/2001 12:01:42 AM EDT
[#4]
Paintball is awesome!  Speedball does suck however. I think fields set it up just so they can make a fortune on paint.
It's best if you can get a bunch of friends together and play on private land cause it's cheaper (after purchasing your own guns) and you can trust your friends not to cheat by wiping off paint which I have seen alot on public fields.

I'm looking for games to fit my schedule too.
Link Posted: 4/16/2001 12:16:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Hey,Lutin PLunder,

I don't know where your located,but theres a couple good fields I know of: Hole in The Wall,in Kent/Auburn.....and some others I can't remember now ,but look in your yellow pages and you should be able to find some good ones.[:)]
Link Posted: 4/16/2001 12:47:36 AM EDT
[#6]
autocockers can run off CO2, come on its not that expesive, anyone email me if you are interested
Link Posted: 4/16/2001 4:52:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 4/16/2001 7:00:20 AM EDT
[#8]
BTW i did forget t say. we play on private land and me and the other organizers have enuf gear to get a good sized game going on. we usualy have almost half our players using barrowed gear.

i would really like to play more indepth scenaros but our players cant handle it. they dont get the transition from solider rebel. usually they revert to rebel tacticsas soon as they draw fire. i really want to go to a big scenaro game.

anyone ever go to a viper scenaro game? those look really awsome.
Link Posted: 4/16/2001 8:01:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Got a bud who lives half time in Thailand and other half in MA.  He has pics of a place incountry where a guy puts on two vests and lets people pay to shoot him with pistols.  Fee based on what caliber you use.  LOTS more for .357 etc.  Just stands there and lets you shoot him.  Real laidback kind of dude.
Link Posted: 4/16/2001 8:11:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/16/2001 8:18:00 AM EDT
[#11]
Anyone want to buy a Worr Games Sniper II paintball gun? It has some good stuff on it (12" J&J hardchrome, spiral ported barrel, etc), e-mail for details. Most parts are interchangeable w/ the Autococker, only difference is that it's an "old-school" pump gun...sorry I  know this is an AR15 forum (real guns) but I'm about to drop it on eBay...[heavy]
[flag]
Link Posted: 4/16/2001 10:35:40 AM EDT
[#12]
Get a Tippmann - they are tough, last forever, and require little maintenance.[:D]
Link Posted: 4/16/2001 10:49:21 AM EDT
[#13]
[b]Got a bud who lives half time in Thailand and other half in MA. He has pics of a place incountry where a guy puts on two vests and lets people pay to shoot him with pistols. Fee based on what caliber you use. LOTS more for .357 etc. Just stands there and lets you shoot him. Real laidback kind of dude.[/b]

That guy's either twisted, desperate, or got cahonnes the size of Gibraltar!!
Link Posted: 4/16/2001 11:04:27 AM EDT
[#14]
I had a AT85R....dont buy one!  When it worked it was nice BUT it wouldn't work very often.  The chain in the clip ends up snagging balls and will bend the feed pins.  It bites...save yourself a headache and do what I did, buy a TIPPMANN!!!  Got a 68 Carbine...SWEEEETT
Link Posted: 4/16/2001 11:06:38 AM EDT
[#15]
SR, Yeah the guy's a little wierd but what's stranger are the people doing the shooting.  Men in business suits and WOMEN!  This is Thailand remember home of Bangkok, the most aptly named city in the world.  And this is a side of the road thing.  No sneaky-sneaky.

Arock out.
Link Posted: 4/16/2001 1:49:13 PM EDT
[#16]
yah, i will get a tippmann mod 98 custom with RT trigger(maybe)

i have heard that about the at85. even if they worked really well, i wouldnt get one due to the price.

the thing is i think i have fixed my gun, i just need one last part (a small rare bolt) to finish it. i would still like the mod 98 with rt, but tahts 200 $ torwards an AR.

what should i do? use my F4 that kinda works or put out the 130 for a tippmann? add 80 $ onto that for a FA simulator?
Link Posted: 4/16/2001 9:34:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Paintball? Say what? Try shooting people for real, and they are shooting back for real. That'll get your motor running sprout.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top