Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/7/2006 5:53:41 AM EDT
So the last couple of days the same telemarketing company has been calling my house:
6pm thursday night
6pm friday night
8am this morning (woke me up too)
and again at 930 this morning!
said they were calling from All Star Access. Anyone here had dealings/run ins with these a-holes?
On the 930 call I lost it, here's our conversation:

me:  Hello?
them:  Hello (thick indian accent)
them:  I'm calling on behalf of All Star Access and..
me:  I want to speak to your supervisor
them:  uh sir why do you..
me:  I SAID I want to speak to your supervisor
he hands the phone to another clown with an indian accent
them:  hello sir, how can I...
me:  why is your company harassing me?
them:  sir, we're not harassing you but...
me:  how is 4 calls in three days not harassment? what part of I'm not interested do you not understand? If I said nothing and hung up (which I did the first three times) why would you call me back? That is harrassment. STOP calling me.

them:  (ignoring what I just said) sir, you have been selected to ....
me:  I'M NOT FUCKING INTERESTED!!
them:  what did you say?
me:  I SAID I'M NOT FUCKING INTERESTED!WHAT PART OF I'M NOT INTERESTED DID YOU NOT UNDERSTAND?!DON'T FUCKING CALL ME AGAIN!
them:  sir you are very rude, good day "click"

I think he finally got my point. If they're dumb enough to call me again, they're going to be sorry.
Just had to vent, man this shit pisses me off to no end!
I registered with the Do Not Call list immediately afterward.
Yeah yeah, i should've done it sooner but I didn't.
What have you done to retaliate against telemarketers?
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 5:58:20 AM EDT
[#1]

Oh, the irony. Calling people 4 times a day to sell some shit is not rude, but swearing is.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 6:02:28 AM EDT
[#2]
Pieces of shit.  Get a REAL job!    
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 6:03:29 AM EDT
[#3]
They called asking for me, I told them I was deceased, they asked if I wanted to order some Soma.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 6:04:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 6:07:49 AM EDT
[#5]
I had a similar experience.  I received 3 calls in one day from the same place, I kept hanging up on them.  They called again at about 8pm when I was trying to watch a movie, so I answered "what the fuck do you want?" the phone was quiet so I hung up.  10 seconds later it rang again and the guy on the other end went off on me about being the rudest person he ever called and how he knows where I live and was going to come over and kill me!  We spent about 5 minutes screaming at eachother, me trying to get him to come over and him saying he was on his way, finally he hung up and I never heard from them again.  I should have reported him for death threats.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 6:08:25 AM EDT
[#6]
The last two that called me got the screaming into the reciever, I'm gonna come down there and burn your building down and kill everything that crawls out, Pangea. Fuck 'em. Fuck 'em all.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 6:09:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Man, most of you guys need to take an ANGER MANAGEMENT class.  

I thought I had a bad temper...........

Link Posted: 1/7/2006 6:09:49 AM EDT
[#8]
My grandmother to a telemarketer:

Grandmom:

Can I ask you a personal question?

Telemarketer: sure...

Grandmom:

What is your sexual preference?

Telemarketer:

What kind of question is that?

Grandmom:

Well, your invading my privacy, why can't I invade yours? CLICK!!!!

Another good one from Grandmom to a telemarketer:

Did you know that telemarketers have sex with giant squids? CLICK!!!!

My Grandmom is 80+ years old and a real smartass

Link Posted: 1/7/2006 6:11:02 AM EDT
[#9]
I tell them to hold on, I am interested and need to get my credit card.

I set the phone down.

Come back 10 minutes later and hang up.

Works like a charm, no stress on me.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 6:13:06 AM EDT
[#10]
If you haven't gotten on the do not call list, it's a must do. Then if they call, all you have to say is "please remove my number from your calling list"

If that fails to resolve the situation, ask them the name of the company they're calling for, and their name, and tell them you'll be reporting them to your state attorney's office. That'll shut em up.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 6:13:26 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I had a similar experience.  I received 3 calls in one day from the same place, I kept hanging up on them.  They called again at about 8pm when I was trying to watch a movie, so I answered "what the fuck do you want?" the phone was quiet so I hung up.  10 seconds later it rang again and the guy on the other end went off on me about being the rudest person he ever called and how he knows where I live and was going to come over and kill me!  We spent about 5 minutes screaming at eachother, me trying to get him to come over and him saying he was on his way, finally he hung up and I never heard from them again.  I should have reported him for death threats.

See, this is why you need a recording device on your phone.

You would have owned the soliciting company when that got to court if you had remained calm on your end.
Sell the company to another soliciting company and make bunches of mony!

No Expert
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 6:15:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 6:22:50 AM EDT
[#13]
Do Not Call list is good.

Also lucky for you, there's only one company calling and they identify themselves. So, try and dig up the names and phone numbers of the company executives, and start calling them at all hours. They might stop calling you after that.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 6:26:37 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 6:41:31 AM EDT
[#15]
I'm on the do not call list, but still get about 1 call a week.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 6:50:33 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
What have you done to retaliate against telemarketers?

I once got into it with a Nigerian scammer at work. I had him all worked up. Finally he asked me "have you no courtesy"?, to which I answered "have you no scruples"?

For some reason, he finally hung up after that.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 6:53:49 AM EDT
[#17]
With the few that do call, I immediately ask to speak with their supervisor - but they put down the phone for ten minutes until I give up waiting
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 6:55:25 AM EDT
[#18]
I just don't use the land line phone anymore for anything (except DSL).  Everything goes to the answering machine.

Cell phone is my primary communications tool.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 6:57:24 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 10:16:26 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I just don't use the land line phone anymore for anything (except DSL).  Everything goes to the answering machine.

Cell phone is my primary communications tool.

I get zero signal where I live, so I had to get a landline.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 10:19:24 AM EDT
[#21]
I act like they just woke me up..  then tell them I already have one of those.  thanks, bye.. and hang up
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 10:58:31 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
I act like they just woke me up..  then tell them I already have one of those.  thanks, bye.. and hang up

He says they've already got a Grail!
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 11:08:45 AM EDT
[#23]
We have caller ID, and privacy manager (which blocks unidentified calls). This blocks most telemarketers.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 11:12:30 AM EDT
[#24]

I get some 3rd party company that calls me all of the time on behalf of charities.  SOme company called Zentel or Zentil or something like that.  They're obnoxious as hell.  They ask for me by first name as if they were a long lost buddy, then they start trying to collect for the local PD, or couty sheriff's or EMTs or fire department or kids with cancer or AIDS or whatever.  They call 2 or 3 times a week for some charity or another.  Unfortunately, as I undersatnd it, the do not call list does not apply to charities.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 11:13:27 AM EDT
[#25]
best on i have ever heard to get them to hang up was a friend who answered the phone like he was in pain, the tele marketer asked him if he was okay, my friends responce " well i am sick and was having a sever case of the $hits, but i had to get off the toilet to answer the phone and i am sitting here talking to you trying not to $hit my self" the person hung up quick

something i do is ask for there home number so i can call them back later, i say will purchase what ever they are selling if i can call them at home, they always say no
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 11:13:39 AM EDT
[#26]
they are fun to mess with. usually i will be nice the first time, but after that. they are SOl. like with time, they kept calling like 2 times a day, finally i got pissed and told em off. never called back
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 11:22:09 AM EDT
[#27]
you have the completely wrong outlook about the oportunity that telemarketers provide for unrivaled entertainment...
i work outa my house, i get calls all day long..

example one.. wherein i talk a jiberish language.. phone rings, i acivate speaker phone, indian accent starts reading spele...

'gupta, gonja? mubig flutark? spumo! mort clicto! bombasi harang mule fish?' so on and so forth. now this really confuses persons from other countries and provides tons of insanity... i cant really do justice to the mumbo jumbo i make up..

second example: i wont try to type it here but i pretent to be the dude from slingblade, show lotsa sub IQ below 40 ethusiasm for their spele, constantaly interrupt them with 'MUM!,, INDEED!, WONDERFUL!, with grunts and snorts...

third example: i have a bird call simulator, phone rings I just crank that up and listen to the otherside try to get some response other than the parakeet...

forth example: i have a bunch of german marching songs with hitler speeches overlaid. phone rings, person starts talking, i let em listen to various nuremburg rallies..

and finally: but not last i have others.. used to be phone centers hired prisoners. so i would start by asking the person on the phone where they were in prison, what was the food like, what crime did they commit, did they know shank-fu, did they have tatoos. (Doesnt work well with Indians.. one reason I changed over to the others)>.

i record these and make CDs.. its a blast....
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 11:32:18 AM EDT
[#28]
Before we were on the no call list, a telemarketer called asking for my dad.  Gave the phone to him and apparantly they were selling life insurance.  He told them that he didn't plan on dying for at least 30 more years so he'll call them back then.  I was rolling on the floor I was laughing so hard!

A friend of mine's dad says "Okay, lets see how good you have this memorized" and then he leads them on for a while.  We were watching a movie and I swear he was talking with the bastard for 40mins.  When he finally got tired of it he said "all sounds real great but i'm not interested, Thanks bye!"... and then listened before he hung up.  The guy was studdering like nuts as he had just wasted the better part of an hour bullshiting for nothing.
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 11:48:12 AM EDT
[#29]
Try this telesales counterscript....

Just damn good fun

Telesales counterscript

Taffy
Link Posted: 1/7/2006 11:50:17 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
tinypic.com/jt9w2c.jpg

Dayum! Got to have it !!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top