Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/19/2001 6:29:38 PM EDT
I had a brain fart backing my wifes very expensive German sports car out of the garage this morning and whacked the front fender into the side of the garage.  Bye bye two grand.  Bye bye Eclipse I was going to buy tomorrow.  F#*$, F#*&, F*#*, F#&*!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, just had to vent. [>(] [>(] [>(] [rocket]
[spank] [spank] [spank] [spank] [spank] [spank]
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 6:31:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Doh...sorry to hear that...

bad Ratters..bad[stick]
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 6:33:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 6:34:31 PM EDT
[#3]
oh that sucks man.
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 6:36:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Just how "german" are we talking about here?    She going to dial 911 as soon as she finds out that you smashed up her car with similar designation number?

I wouldn't cry too much if I saw a Z3 get dented up a little bit but a 911 would likely make me jump out of my skin.
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 6:39:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Buy her the Eclipse and you drive the GermanMobile with a dent in it!
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 6:47:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Buy her the Eclipse and you drive the GermanMobile with a dent in it!
View Quote

Wish that would work.  She was a die hard anti when we met and now just accepts them and supports my ownership of them, just not her thing.  Plus the car is less than a year old so I don't thinks she wants to walk into the garage and see a big dent in her prized possesion.

uglygun-  It is the 911's little brother.  Still it is my wife's "dream" car so I gotsta fix it.  She is actually taking it pretty well, though I better not ask any favors anytime soon. Ugh.
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 6:52:45 PM EDT
[#7]
it'll buff out.
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 7:26:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Nothing that can't be fixed up with a little DUCT TAPE!!

Bulldog OUT
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 7:30:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Do you have any pictures of the damage?

Someone on this board may have a cheaper solution to this problem.

Alex
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 8:00:53 PM EDT
[#10]
You hurt a Boxster! How could you be so careless. It would make me cry too.
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 8:02:47 PM EDT
[#11]
No insurance, or comp, on that expensive German kar? Why must you pay $2k?
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 8:04:20 PM EDT
[#12]
here you go ...  just use a lot of it/// [:)]

[url]http://www.gs27scratchremover.com/[/url]

if that doent fix it ,,,,   duck tape it....

Seriosly dough I backed up in my pick up with the door open and bent it when it got caught on the fence.... yeah yeah why didnt I stop..  hell im stupid I quess ...
piont is ....  i forgot now....
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 8:07:40 PM EDT
[#13]
RELAX!  My father is a television repair man.  He's got the ultimate set of tools!  I can FIX it!  (sorry if I botched that most excellent moment in silver screen history)
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 8:26:15 PM EDT
[#14]
You'll have to send the Boxster down to Hans.
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 8:30:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 8:40:00 PM EDT
[#16]
after realizing duct tape would not work... went to local junk yard and simply got a new door .. fortunatly i found the same color ,,
but like i said it was a pick up not a boxer...

wont even try to fix spelling mistakes ... product of the public school system and proud of it....  [:D]
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 10:43:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Dude, if this is your first mishap in a while it's likely the insurance will take care of it (minus the deductable) and not raise your premium.

My wife has two accidents in one year and they only raised her rates slightly after the second.

She's a hard strong little thing. Got into a game of chicken with a Chinese guy for a parking space at the Stanford Shopping Mall in Palo Alto. She got the spot, but her insurance had to pay for the damage she did to the guy's Benz. he he
Link Posted: 10/19/2001 11:06:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Dude, if this is your first mishap in a while it's likely the insurance will take care of it (minus the deductable) and not raise your premium.
View Quote

Thanks Matt, my record is spotless so I hope it is OK.  At least we have a really good body shop within walking distance fromt the house. Still gonna have to put the new pistol on hold though as the deductible is half of the pistol I could barely afford anyhow.  Damn, and I wanted to use it at the norcal training as well.

As far as your wife, you know how competetive women get. [;)]

Alex- the damage is not severe, but they do have to replace the fender and clean up the bumper.  Luckily it was nothing that would knock anything out of whack so when it is fixed it will be good as new.  I could take it to Miracle (who I love and highly reccomend BTW) and have them pull and bondo for cheap but as the car is pretty much new I want it put back that way for my wife.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top