Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/19/2009 7:41:56 AM EDT
Went down to Thunderbird Cartridge Company yesterday to pick 25,000 primers that we had ordered on their website (leave the link cold) http://tbirdammo.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=21&products_id=28 on the site it says they are selling them by the sleeve of 5000, if you call down there to pick them up they wont tell you over the phone that they are limiting your purchase.

It is only when you arrive in person that they tell you limit there is a limit of 2,000 primers total doesn't matter if its  LG/SM Pistol or Rifle or M35's. You can only walk out with 2,000 primers.  IMO it was barely worth the drive over there 50 miles one direction.   We called 3 different days to make sure they were not limiting sales, wasted trips hurt everyone.  Sad part is 2,000 primers sucks what person only has 2,000 pieces of brass in this market?  

This is absurd by not declaring this on their website or over the phone they are sucking people into buying something they will not sell, this limits customer base big time, website is not update they only have 4 powders left all their powder is gone and has been for awhile.  Its their company and they can do as they wish, but I/we will not patronize them.

ETA: A co-worker called and tried to get someone else there that didn't have an attitude, the newest restriction is;  you MUST purchase Powder, bullets and brass in order to purchase 1,000 primers.  They reduced the number of primers to 1000 down from 2000.  They will not sell you any primers unless you purchase all 3 of the other components.  

My intent is NOT to bash them, this is just an FYI.
Do not turn this thread into another bashing thread for the site sponsor CTD.
Link Posted: 3/19/2009 8:08:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Companies that do this should pay the obvious price. No one buys from them for a year. If still open after that, then OK to resume service.
I will never buy from "Cheaper than Dirt" after what they did after the "election".
Conversely, I go out of my way to give my business to stores that have not taken advantage of the situation.
Link Posted: 3/19/2009 8:13:14 AM EDT
[#2]

Are they charging you for the full amount you ordered or for the 2k they limited you to?

Link Posted: 3/19/2009 8:14:19 AM EDT
[#3]
It hath begun

Link Posted: 3/19/2009 8:25:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Yup, Cheaper than dirt will no longer see any of my business...I get all my reloading supplies locally now, they have plenty of everything in stock and are as cheap as any online reseller...they haven't raised their prices in the last 6 months on reloading supplies.
Link Posted: 3/19/2009 8:26:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Couldnt you just walk out and then go back in a few minutes later?
Link Posted: 3/19/2009 8:26:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Yup, Cheaper than dirt will no longer see any of my business...I get all my reloading supplies locally now, they have plenty of everything in stock and are as cheap as any online reseller...they haven't raised their prices in the last 6 months on reloading supplies.
Link Posted: 3/19/2009 10:13:35 AM EDT
[#7]
They just plain wont ship it to us. Even though we would be happy to purchase it at the price they list on the website $135/5K which comes to $27/k.

On the website it says Fedex COD only and local HazMat doesn't apply. I don't even know if Fedex does COD on HazMat items, sorta beside the point but No they canceled the order.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:26:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Well Found out what their prices were at a shoot in AZ. $260 per sleeve $35 per 1000.   The reason they refused to sell anymore than a 1000 was so they could suck unwary buyers into purchasing it at an inflated price and calling it a savings.  Too bad they operate like that.  Oh and 50bmg ammo prices started at $6 per round.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:29:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
It hath begun

Link Posted: 3/29/2009 7:29:55 PM EDT
[#10]
The local stores up here will only sell 1k primers per person per visit and you can only buy up to 8lbs of one kind of powder at a time.  Now they don't have any primers at all... and little powder.  Most of it is in my basement
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top