Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/29/2003 2:21:24 PM EDT
Heard it on local news.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 2:28:10 PM EDT
[#1]
wow, well she was old as hell and had Parkinsons or some other neurological disorder as well. My wife saw her a year or two ago when she was xraying K.H.'s brother at Hartford Hospital. She has a really cool place in the Thimble Islands that I'd been by in a boat. I guess I'll have to break out a copy of the African Queen and watch it, it's one of my favorites.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 2:50:18 PM EDT
[#2]
She was kinda hot in her prime, like back in the 30s'.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 3:17:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
She was kinda hot in her prime, like back in the 30s'.
View Quote

You got that right. I dig hot chicks. She was one.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 7:50:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Personally, I didn't think she was that great.  I also thought she was long since dead.  I thought On Golden Pond (I kept wanting to jump through the screen and punch Henry Fonda in the mouth) sucked and listening to her voice was like listening to steel claws on a chalk board.  Maybe I haven't seen enough of her early work.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 8:01:36 PM EDT
[#5]
I thought she was already dead.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 8:05:59 PM EDT
[#6]
For the first time in my life, a post has caused me to "not care" so much that I actually went to sleep.
Link Posted: 6/29/2003 8:06:25 PM EDT
[#7]
"The Lion In Winter":
Her best movie.

She got the Oscar, but Peter O'Toole should have got one as well for his role in the movie.

This is the movie that defined dysfunctional family.

She was a total babe in Philidelphia Story:
Cary Grant grabbing her face and throwing her down to the floor:
Funny stuff for back then.

Jay
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top