Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2005 3:52:36 PM EDT
Im doing a FTF transfer here in NY...what should I give/make/do exactly.  What info should be on the receit that I make up..the gun maker, type, caliber, serial, bought from, sold to, date, and signatures...what else is there to it?
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 3:53:45 PM EDT
[#1]
I just have them show me a dl to verify their a state resident, then I do the deal.

Link Posted: 10/6/2005 3:55:26 PM EDT
[#2]
ok, now lets say they commit a crime with the firearm..and they run the serial number and see I was the owner..then what?  so a receit should be made up to prove you sold it correct?  The guy has a NYS pistol permit he said, so thats good enough for me...I called up the state troopers and they said the same as you, they were kind of thrown off when I mentioned a receit.  Then again, one trooper says one thing, the next says another.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 4:39:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I say 2 receipts, each signed by both of you, you each keep one
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top