Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2004 4:09:56 AM EDT
Gang,

I can't seem to find the answer online so I thought I would ask here.  If someone from another state will be in your state and wants to do a FTF transaction, is this legal?  

Assuming of course that their state of residence is not the one the FTF transaction will occur in, and that they can legally own firearms.

Had this question come up and I am stumped.

any help appreciated.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 4:15:28 AM EDT
[#1]
No

TITLE 18  PART I  CHAPTER 44  Sec. 922. Unlawful acts

Sec 922(A)(5)

for any person (other than a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, licensed dealer, or licensed collector) to transfer, sell, trade, give, transport, or deliver any firearm to any person (other than a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, licensed dealer, or licensed collector) who the transferor knows or has reasonable cause to believe does not reside in (or if the person is a corporation or other business entity, does not maintain a place of business in) the State in which the transferor resides; except that this paragraph shall not apply to;

A)

the transfer, transportation, or delivery of a firearm made to carry out a bequest of a firearm to, or an acquisition by intestate succession of a firearm by, a person who is permitted to acquire or possess a firearm under the laws of the State of his residence, and

(B)

the loan or rental of a firearm to any person for temporary use for lawful sporting purposes;

Link Posted: 8/27/2004 4:19:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Nein!  Verboten!
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 10:01:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Just ask Admiral Ackbar
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 10:03:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top