Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/8/2003 6:18:47 PM EDT
Last year I pulled a 3 month TDY with a group of guys from a different branch of the service.  They have a pending Iraqi adventure and we were talking about it. My partner and I may be able to swing a second trip with them. I know it sounds a little weird to be hanging out with a sister service, but these are a top notch bunch and we really helped out, it was fun and rewarding for being a real shit assignment.

If we go, that means 6 more months of the field life and the potentional of getting holes put in you. But damnit, I like these guys.  I think if the request came from them, our commander would let us go.  He was impressed with what we did last time.

Even if it meant missing some home life and a few holidays would you go? I do miss the kid but she's 18 now and I have all the bases covered for house-sitting and bills.  So, other than missing day to day bullshit in my civilian job, which has a liberal military leave policy, there is not a lot to keep me home.  This is a total volunteer gig.

There really are not a lot of details I can put here so this will have to do.  
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 2:31:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 3:38:16 AM EDT
[#2]
Not only yes, but hell yeah.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 10:27:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Like my CO said, (And I agreed with) "I'm not volunteering to fight anybody's war, but if told to go I'd ruck up and move out" without bitching.

That being said hell yes I'd go! Bring back lots of pics.
Link Posted: 5/9/2003 9:18:43 PM EDT
[#4]
May I join you?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top