Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/11/2002 6:09:53 AM EDT
[url]http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,65361,00.html[/url]

FOX News is giving us "The Ralphie Treatment"* once again:

[u]It's Easy to be a Sniper, Experts Say[/u][puke]

[i]Several Web sites also provide tips on what types of bullets and guns could be used by snipers, along with advice on the best shooting techniques.[/i]

[size=1]*"The Ralphie Treatment" is a reference to what Tony Soprano's sister was doing to Ralphie in bed.  It is a term I stole from reading an article on ESPN.com 'Page 2'.  I am currently in the process of using it as often as I can in every day conversation.  I expect this phrase to last at least two years before people start complaining that it's "lame" or "gay".[/size=1]
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 6:19:26 AM EDT
[#1]
I actually thought that this particular article was not totaly inflamitory to our side. It described how most of these schools require backround checks and that this guy isn't really a sniper or skilled at all. I mean geez, I can shoot beter then that without using a scope at 100 yards.
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 6:23:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

[size=1]*"The Ralphie Treatment" is a reference to what Tony Soprano's sister was doing to Ralphie in bed.  I am currently in the process of using it as often as I can in every day conversation.  I expect this phrase to last at least two years before people start complaining that it's "lame" or [red]"gay"[/red].[/size=1]
View Quote

Uh [b]Dolomite[/b], isn't "what Tony Soprano's sister was doing to Ralphie in bed" actually gay?!? [;)] I do believe I will start spreading the phrase myself, if you don't mind.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 6:30:04 AM EDT
[#3]
True.  True.  But "gay" has many meanings.  It can mean "Happy", or as is often the case when talking to a young person, "gay" refers to their disdain at being unable to understand a concept - as in "Chemistry is gay".
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 9:25:19 AM EDT
[#4]
I thought the "Ralphie Treatment" was named for the way Chief Wiggums (Simpson's cartoon character) oversimplifies explanations to his incredibly naive and dumb kid, Ralphie.

Guess it works on several levels!
Link Posted: 10/11/2002 9:42:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top