Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 10/18/2004 6:27:12 AM EST
releases.usnewswire.com/GetRelease.asp?id=38194

<snip>Police Call on Kerry to Stop Misrepresenting Their Support
WASHINGTON, Oct. 14 /U.S. Newswire/ -- Today Chuck Canterbury, the President of the nation's largest police labor organization, called on John Kerry to stop making misleading statements regarding his support from the law enforcement community. Both on the campaign trail and in Wednesday night's debate in Tempe, AZ, Senator Kerry has alluded that he has the support of the majority of these brave men and women.
<snip>

This is great. The president of the FOP really pegs Kerry on his record.
<snip>
"While Kerry was flying around the country campaigning and leaving the actual work of the nation to his colleagues in the Senate, the President was out there working on our behalf," Canterbury said. "Senators Kerry and Edwards have missed so many crucial votes this Congress that I was beginning to believe there were only 98 members of the U.S. Senate."
<snip>

and again.

<snip>
Canterbury also said it was the height of irony that Kerry would use his position on the reauthorization of the assault weapons ban as a reflection of his support from police.

"First, if a police officer is killed by an AK-47, Kerry would oppose the death penalty for the killer," Canterbury said. "In addition, where was he when this issue was being discussed in the 108th Congress? Where was he when we were working to pass H.R. 218? When it came time to help push for final passage of legislation important to law enforcement, Senator Kerry was regrettably A.W.O.L."
<snip>

Kirk
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 6:44:58 AM EST
Sorry it's a dupe
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 7:30:07 AM EST
I wasted post 223 on a dupe?

Fuck.

Link Posted: 10/18/2004 7:30:42 AM EST

Originally Posted By thebomber:
Sorry it's a dupe

no need to post 'dupe' if the other topic is 10 or 11 pages back.....
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 7:32:16 AM EST

Originally Posted By -Absolut-:

Sorry it's a dupe

it's still active.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 7:33:26 AM EST

Originally Posted By photokirk:

Maybe you can make a special post with number 243?
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 7:33:35 AM EST

Originally Posted By -Absolut-:

Sorry it's a dupe

it's still active.

on page 16?
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 7:46:25 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/18/2004 7:47:01 AM EST by photokirk]

Originally Posted By skid2964:

Originally Posted By photokirk:

Maybe you can make a special post with number 243?

www.civil-defence.org/products/ballistics/boz224/ammtech.html

I could have done post 224 - .224 Boz

Link Posted: 10/18/2004 7:51:45 AM EST
The FOP is no friend of gun owners anyway despite the "softening" of their stance on Concealed Carry Laws.

When I was in the firearms business, I once threw a representative from FOP out of my shop. He wanted to put some FOP propaganda about kids and guns on display. I told him that his anti-second amenendment organization was not welcomed there. I told him to take his crap and get out of my store. He acted very indignant...that is until he noticed the glares from the other patrons in the store at the time. He took his crap and left.
Top Top