Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/15/2008 7:11:30 AM EDT
Anybody got any good intel on this area? My unit is there now and I'm suppose to catch up with them in a couple of weeks.
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 8:47:01 AM EDT
[#1]
my brigade left there in may.  we built it from the ground up.  that means that compared to other FOBs hammer doesnt have shit.  i didnt spend much time there, i lived on an outpost but once in a while we went back fro vehicle maintenance and refits.  everyone had tents then, but as we were leaving i saw them putting in CHU's.  they had just built a new gym and a pizza hut, subway and green bean too. there is a PX now, its about the size of a stateside shopette.

nahrwan is about 20 minutes north of the FOB, on the other side of the connected iraqi FOB at bessemiyah range.  the unit that was there when i was in salman pak didnt have much going on there IIRC.
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 10:11:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks. Yeah, they are still in the tents. THe CHUs are sitting there collecting dust. Were you at COP Sallie? I'll be running supplies there every day. (88M)
Link Posted: 7/16/2008 12:45:46 PM EDT
[#3]
no, i was at COP cahill, down in salman pak right on the tigris.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 12:42:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Hey,

Hammer is great compared to carver or cahill haha. Dont they have KBR?

PS Daemon734 you guys did a great job in salman pak, we havent taken any fire and only 2 IED's. I'm at Cahill right now, we are building on to what you guys have done. But it may soon become an IA compound.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top