BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/15/2001 4:06:55 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 4:14:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I've seen FN bolt carriers before.
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 4:17:11 PM EDT
[#2]
I think DPMS has FN uppers, but they don't have chrome lined FN barrels.

[url]www.dpmsinc.com[/url]
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 4:26:16 PM EDT
[#3]
brou, use caution when dealing with "FN" parts - most of the time they are NOT FN at all, but merely some generic off-brand that a dealer will *say* is FN.

Major FN parts (barrels, bolt carriers) will have the FN markings.  I can't tell you the number of times I have been at gun shows where a dealer will advertise AR parts as FN, when they indeed are not.  

In my book, "FN" means "I have no idea who made this."

Don't try to save yourself too much money, it'll really bite you.  I would strongly recommend buy any of the major parts (barrels and receivers) from an outfit like Bushmaster.  You'll never regret doing so.

CMOS
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 4:29:11 PM EDT
[#4]
JT Distributing has FN uppers. Fulton Armory did carry FN. Both had FN bolt carrier assy.'s. DelTon also has FN parts. FN barrels are somewhat harder to come by. JT had some FN A1 contour barrels with 1x9" twist not too long ago. DelTon had some A2 barrels.
I have built several rifles using FN A2 and flattop uppers. I am satisfied with the quality. The flattop is not quite as elegant as a Colt M4 flattop, being a bit more blocky. But it works, and fit and finish are on a par with Bushmaster and Colt.
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 4:44:19 PM EDT
[#5]
I have heard this of late but do not believe it.  I have an FN barrel (A2, 1:7) that shoots great which I assembled to an upper with the F stamp on the right hand side, near the sight.  Is this also the inferior FN label?  I've seen ones with this ground off so I'm sure its no second.

I've shot some impressive 1" groups with scope and custom 80 gr Sierra loads at 300 yards.

The hammer it has is also labeled with an FN stamp and its autosear lugs were ground off (demiled) before I bought it.  I installed a JP trigger and its been working great for 1000's of rounds.

J&T has some FN A2 barrels available code ARC311.

Link Posted: 10/15/2001 5:23:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 5:25:20 PM EDT
[#7]
del ton has the fn uppers so does jt distrubution.  the accessories are all available  except the 203 shorty.

john
Link Posted: 10/15/2001 6:24:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top