Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 11/19/2005 6:41:36 AM EDT
Have any LEOs/PDs or military ever had any extensive experience with the F2000?
How reliable and durable is it?

The FS2000 looks like a much better deal than the P90 due to the fact I have a good supply of AR-15 mags and .223/5.56 ammo.

But is it a piston driven system?
Does it utilize a last round BHO?

Are there any plans to introduce the FS2000 with a 20" barrel (so that its OAL is greater than 30") for increased muzzle velocity?

I read up on the computerized grenade targeting system and it reads like the aimbot cheats for AAO where it tells you where to aim to hit longer range targets with the 40mm grenade who knew that video game cheats are valid in real life? but as a civilian we don't get any of that

That's one reason why the FS2000 looks promising: it has a smaller package profile but doesn't sacrifice the lethality of a 16" carbine.
Link Posted: 11/19/2005 6:50:07 AM EDT
[#1]
It looks like the spent cases are supposed to eject in the front: it has to travel through a tube and exit on the RH side of the rifle near the muzzle. Does anyone else see potential problems with this???
Link Posted: 11/19/2005 6:55:02 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
It looks like the spent cases are supposed to eject in the front: it has to travel through a tube and exit on the RH side of the rifle near the muzzle. Does anyone else see potential problems with this???

That funny looking hole at the front of the rifle is the ejection port.

Kharn
Link Posted: 11/19/2005 6:55:40 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Only if you make it a habit to dive muzzle first into the dirt. Seriously, I've been looking long and hard at the FS2000 and can't wait to see one in person before I break out the wallet.
Link Posted: 11/19/2005 6:56:35 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

That should be pretty simple to change in future upgrades to the design. Just change the chute to a deflecting flange. It really depends upon whether or not the cases come out with some authority or if they depend upon gravity. The diameter of the chute should also be larger than the length of an unfired cartridge.

In spite of the chute, the FN2000 is the best bullpup ever designed.
Link Posted: 11/19/2005 6:57:07 AM EDT
[#5]
In the video clips I've seen, they fall off to the right because of the angle of the ejection port, not directly in front of the shooter.  Also, the cases are supossed to be pushed out with enough force that even dried mud will be pushed out of the way and the port in fairly well recessed as well
Link Posted: 11/19/2005 6:57:53 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.impactguns.com/store/media/fn_f2000_sheriff.jpg
That funny looking hole at the front of the rifle is the ejection port.

Kharn

Why does that look bulky as hell?

And I don't think that would survive slamming the stock on the ground to clear a doublefeed, though I may be wrong.
Link Posted: 11/19/2005 6:59:52 AM EDT
[#7]
It's the scope that makes it look bulky and OICW-like.

Once you remove the scope I believe there is a 1913 rail underneath.... Time to mount an ACOG or Aimpoint or Eotech!

And yes, I did see that chute at FNH's website. I'm concerned that if a case somehow got stuck in one of the vent holes, it may prevent other cases from ejecting. It looks like it has the charging handle on the left hand side of the rifle only, so how is it 100% ambidextrous?
Link Posted: 11/19/2005 7:00:30 AM EDT
[#8]
I'll tell you what I know:

To my knowledge no one has adopted the F2000 but many have/are evaluating it. So, it's unclear just how reliable it is. I've not seen any evaluation reports. There is some info available on the web but its pretty scant. It does use an op rod and I don't know whether it has bolt hold open (I think though it does). FN is supposed to come out w/ accessories for the FS2000 in the way of optics plus I believe there's also to be a 37mm grenade launcher. I'm not certain if the later will be offered for civilian sale or not.

It does look like a nifty rifle but right now there's so little info available it's difficult to grade it. The biggest potential problem I see is w/ case ejection. I think there could be situations where it wouldn't work well. If you find more info about this rifle pls post to this thread. Im interested. BTW theres a lengthy discussion of the FS2000 on the firingline board.
Link Posted: 11/19/2005 7:01:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Also, why is there a chopped AR-15 gas block bolted upside down near the flash suppressor?
Link Posted: 11/19/2005 7:43:48 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Also, why is there a chopped AR-15 gas block bolted upside down near the flash suppressor?

bayonet mount?
Link Posted: 11/19/2005 7:44:57 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Once you remove the scope I believe there is a 1913 rail underneath.... Time to mount an ACOG or Aimpoint or Eotech!

And yes, I did see that chute at FNH's website. I'm concerned that if a case somehow got stuck in one of the vent holes, it may prevent other cases from ejecting. It looks like it has the charging handle on the left hand side of the rifle only, so how is it 100% ambidextrous?

I think those vent holes vent the barrel channel, not the ejection tube.
Link Posted: 11/19/2005 7:46:22 AM EDT
[#12]
That thing is just butt-fucking hideously ugly.
Link Posted: 11/19/2005 7:48:26 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I've always wondered what that was.

btt
Link Posted: 11/19/2005 3:47:42 PM EDT
[#14]
This is a link to another forum with lots of pictures.

http://fivesevenforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=865&page=1&pp=10
Link Posted: 11/19/2005 3:52:15 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
That thing is just butt-fucking hideously ugly.

Yeah, I like it too.
Link Posted: 11/19/2005 4:00:38 PM EDT
[#16]
It does look rather bulky, compared to the AUG.  That said, I will have one!!
Link Posted: 11/19/2005 4:02:24 PM EDT
[#17]

Link Posted: 11/19/2005 4:04:08 PM EDT
[#18]
So where can I pre-order one , an how much? I want the batman gun.
Link Posted: 11/19/2005 4:06:12 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
img359.imageshack.us/img359/2449/100420052313mb646wxms6vanpr2eq.jpg

Hey, a Dutch flag!  Right DKProf?  

G
Link Posted: 11/19/2005 4:08:12 PM EDT
[#20]
im intested in this too. but very curious as to the accuracy compared to a 16'' barreled ar...
Link Posted: 11/19/2005 4:13:02 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

G

Actually a Norwegian flag

This is what DKProf knows about...

Link Posted: 11/19/2005 4:20:02 PM EDT
[#22]
tag.
Link Posted: 11/19/2005 4:31:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Is that a Calaveras County, California deputy?

What would they need such a firearm for???
Link Posted: 11/19/2005 4:42:46 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

The patch says "Sheriff - State of Maryland - Calvert County".  Why are they using and/or evaluating them?  I don't know.  There is a nuclear power plant in Calvert County.
Link Posted: 11/19/2005 4:43:55 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Its no different than if they were using an M4
Link Posted: 11/19/2005 4:49:25 PM EDT
[#26]
tag for later
Link Posted: 11/19/2005 5:35:03 PM EDT
[#27]
It looks like if I do buy the FS2000, PS90, and AUG, I'll have to register them as pistols due to their overall length being less than 30". Does anyone know if they will print when concealed?
Link Posted: 11/19/2005 5:46:39 PM EDT
[#28]
I want one.

How do you put a sling on that motherfucker?

G
Link Posted: 11/19/2005 5:53:42 PM EDT
[#29]
The P90/F2000 share the same style buttstock. I see a loop built into the side, and a top sling on the FS2000. Not sure on the P90 though, but ahem, on Stargate Atlantis, they usually use a single point sling with a "Tactical" nylon buckle. They always fumble around with unlatching it when piloting the puddle jumpers or having trouble attaching it while walking and remembering their lines.
Link Posted: 11/20/2005 11:43:09 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

No, other than the optical sight it is still abnormally bulky, particularly in the buttstock area.

Also, another concern I have is when operating in moist environments, such as RVN, rounds had a tendancy of swelling up when left in the chamber overnight (or over a period of a few hours).  Now, as I understand it, the FN2000 ejects spent brass in groups so there is a very real possibility of a shell (or multiple shells) being left in the ejection tube for a few hours and if they swell up, well, then you're screwed.

Link Posted: 11/20/2005 11:47:15 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, other than the optical sight it is still abnormally bulky, particularly in the buttstock area.

Also, another concern I have is when operating in moist environments, such as RVN, rounds had a tendancy of swelling up when left in the chamber overnight (or over a period of a few hours).  Now, as I understand it, the FN2000 ejects spent brass in groups so there is a very real possibility of a shell (or multiple shells) being left in the ejection tube for a few hours and if they swell up, well, then you're screwed.

theres plenty of room in the ejection tube for that.

The way its set up is theres a plunger rod thingy that pushes the cases out  its part of the bolt carrier, if you can camber a round its going to push the case out
Link Posted: 11/20/2005 11:48:46 AM EDT
[#32]
Also I had the chance to hold one at a CMMG shoot this summer it shoulders really nice. you cant screw up the check weld, its not nearly as bucky as it looks
Link Posted: 11/20/2005 11:53:44 AM EDT
[#33]
The buttstock resembles that of the P90 and IMHO is the selling point of the rifle for me. It's basically a P90 with a 16" barrel that doesn't look funky, and shoots the same ammo I have now, with the same mags I already have. It'd be a perfect addition to my arsenal.

Now the question is, does it come with a 1-1.5x optical sight or will it come with a bare 1913 rail on top?
Link Posted: 11/20/2005 11:54:34 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
The buttstock resembles that of the P90 and IMHO is the selling point of the rifle for me. It's basically a P90 with a 16" barrel that doesn't look funky, and shoots the same ammo I have now, with the same mags I already have. It'd be a perfect addition to my arsenal.

Now the question is, does it come with a 1-1.5x optical sight or will it come with a bare 1913 rail on top?

I would bet on the rail with the built in BUISs
Link Posted: 11/20/2005 11:59:20 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

bayonet mount?

Probably a light mount/accy rail.
Link Posted: 11/20/2005 12:10:11 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The patch says "Sheriff - State of Maryland - Calvert County".  Why are they using and/or evaluating them?  I don't know.  There is a nuclear power plant in Calvert County.

My parents live in that county, I wouldn't trust half the deputies there with a bullet in their breast pocket and an empty revolver on their belt if the ones I knew through friends when I lived there were a representative sample.  And the Sheriff's department doesnt provide security for the nuclear plant.

Kharn
Link Posted: 11/20/2005 12:17:51 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The way its set up is theres a plunger rod thingy that pushes the cases out  its part of the bolt carrier, if you can camber a round its going to push the case out

Thanks for clearing that up.  Do you have anymore details on the ejection system?

I still have a few concerns though:

1)  I would imagine that slamming the buttstock on the ground to remedy a double feed may bery well disable the rifle entirely.

2)  Magazine changes.

3)  Extremely short sight radius.

4)  Bulky/unwieldly.

5)  Collabsible/adjustable stock?

6)  Not much pic rail space.
Link Posted: 11/20/2005 12:27:09 PM EDT
[#38]
I would imagine most FS2000 owners would probably buy some type of optics for the rifle instead of relying solely on the iron sights. After all, it is a 21st century modern warfare firearm.
Link Posted: 11/20/2005 12:31:51 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
I would imagine most FS2000 owners would probably buy some type of optics for the rifle instead of relying solely on the iron sights. After all, it is a 21st century modern warfare firearm.

+1
Link Posted: 11/20/2005 12:32:32 PM EDT
[#40]
I know I for one (definetly buying and FS2K) would like to purchase the organic optic designed for it if FNH offers it for civillian sale. Anyone hear anything about that?
Link Posted: 11/20/2005 12:37:07 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Have you held one or even seen one in person?

Quoted:
Also I had the chance to hold one at a CMMG shoot this summer it shoulders really nice. you cant screw up the check weld, its not nearly as bucky as it looks

He has.

Link Posted: 11/20/2005 12:41:47 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Have you held one or even seen one in person?

Quoted:

He has.

I did not notice Mr. Bowles' comment.  My apologies.

Having said that, M. Bowles, would you say that it is more bulky than a similarly configured AR-15?
Link Posted: 11/20/2005 12:50:25 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
I did not notice Mr. Bowles' comment.  My apologies.

Having said that, M. Bowles, would you say that it is more bulky than a similarly configured AR-15?

Why are you trying so hard to discredit the F2000, when you haven't actually seen or fired one yet?
Link Posted: 11/20/2005 1:02:12 PM EDT
[#44]
DISCLAIMER: I HAVE NEVER SEEN A FS2000 IN PERSON

Personally, bulk wouldn't bother me as much as weight.  The FS2000 appears much bulkier than an AR, but the bulk is all in places that are otherwise 'void' so it shouldn't really make a difference.

but maybe it's the vodka talking...
Link Posted: 11/20/2005 1:21:09 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
DISCLAIMER: I HAVE NEVER SEEN A FS2000 IN PERSON

Personally, bulk wouldn't bother me as much as weight.  The FS2000 appears much bulkier than an AR, but the bulk is all in places that are otherwise 'void' so it shouldn't really make a difference.

but maybe it's the vodka talking...

I'm thinking the same thing.  Motorcycle frames are made of box aluminum because it can be made lighter than solid bar stock of the same strength.
Link Posted: 11/20/2005 1:22:37 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

i know that at least in my county, they have ar-15's, and MP5's. especialy on TNT (swat) they have a mixture of both. they all like the ar-15, but the mp5 is just plain shorter and easier, so they use that a lot. well with this they can have an MP5 sized 223 shooting gun. i've talked to a few of htem about it, and they all think that these would be swell.

it gets the best of both worlds with the ar-15 and mp5 that they all already use, so why wouldn't they want it?
Link Posted: 11/20/2005 1:32:30 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

i know that at least in my county, they have ar-15's, and MP5's. especialy on TNT (swat) they have a mixture of both. they all like the ar-15, but the mp5 is just plain shorter and easier, so they use that a lot. well with this they can have an MP5 sized 223 shooting gun. i've talked to a few of htem about it, and they all think that these would be swell.

it gets the best of both worlds with the ar-15 and mp5 that they all already use, so why wouldn't they want it?

I like the fs2000 and all but isnt there already a .223 rifle the size of an MP5 built by HK?  Just for the sake of cross training wouldnt that be easier?  

I still want an FS.
Link Posted: 11/20/2005 1:46:16 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

G

Actually a Norwegian flag

This is what DKProf knows about...

www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/flags/nl-lgflag.gif

France turned sideways?? lol...
Link Posted: 11/20/2005 1:48:09 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks for clearing that up.  Do you have anymore details on the ejection system?

I still have a few concerns though:

1)  I would imagine that slamming the buttstock on the ground to remedy a double feed may bery well disable the rifle entirely.

2)  Magazine changes.

3)  Extremely short sight radius.

4)  Bulky/unwieldly.

5)  Collabsible/adjustable stock?

6)  Not much pic rail space.

1) why would it disable the rifle? are you telling me that they are going to use cheep airsoft plastic or something and bad screws/rivits and the reciever is just going to fall out?

2) people dont seem to ahvea  problem with the AUG. its just like an AR-15 only behind your hand, and it has a longer, more funnel like feeding system. as long as you know where the magazines go, it looks to me like you just push them in there. now from what i've read, the big black thing in front of hte magazine if the release, and you just bring your hand to it, and push it up, grap the magazine, and pull it out.

3) thats what scopes are for.

4) i honostly like it. i'm assuming its hollo behind the mag well, which is the only part on it that really looks bulky. now if that form fitted it would use just as much, or more material. plus it adds strength to the stock, and adds a backing to the nice long magazine feed. now if you think the hang guard is bulky, they make a lof ot hem, some with lazers, some with flashlights inside, and then one that jsut has some substance to it to actualy give you a grip. the  scope is long, which i'd think you'd like considering your number 3 question.

5)yeah ok, the only way you can do that is adding a thicker butt pad, but thats what makes a bullpup. look at the distance between the butt bad and the grip? thats short, because its not only suposed to be small (which is why its a bull pup), but its so short that nobody needs to really make it any smaller. unless you jsut can't stand a shorty stock, it shouldn't be a problem. i've never really woried about stock lengths, as long as i can reach the grip.

6)yeah you're right, there isn't. but what are you going to put on it? a scope? a flashlight? a lazer? a swiss army knife? the pic rail is for the scope, and the grip is where you put the light/lazer/grenade launcher. yeah you can't have all 3, but i think you'll survive., and i'd bet money that people will make things for it that add more rails.
Link Posted: 11/20/2005 1:51:55 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I like the fs2000 and all but isnt there already a .223 rifle the size of an MP5 built by HK?  Just for the sake of cross training wouldnt that be easier?  

I still want an FS.

the G36C only has a 9 inch barrel, but yeah, if they wanted to, they could use it. i know i'd rather have a 16 inch barrel.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top