Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2016 10:49:29 AM EDT
Link

A Sweetwater police officer has been arrested for his involvement in a 2015 crash. Officer Alejandro Ramos is facing a charge of official misconduct by a public servant.

In a video obtained by Miami Herald news partner CBS4 last July, a Sweetwater patrol car rolled slowly through an intersection to get to a nearby police scene where officer back-up had been requested. Seconds later, the video shows a second cruiser blowing through the red light and colliding with an oncoming pick-up truck on Flagler Street and 107th Avenue.
View Quote

A written report from the Feb. 17 crash states Ramos stopped at the red traffic signal, which is Sweetwater policy. But according to American Traffic Solutions, Ramos’ patrol car was going 50 mph in a 40 mph zone.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 10:50:20 AM EDT
That one bad apple sure seems to get around a lot...
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 10:52:14 AM EDT
Dumbass. If he wouldn't have lied about it he probably would have only been written up and suspended a few days.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 11:02:39 AM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Tweek218:
Dumbass. If he wouldn't have lied about it he probably would have only been written up and suspended a few days.
View Quote

Yup. Around here that would probably get him 15-30 days off depending on his driving record, unless it was really bad, in which case he could get the axe-----but the axe ain't arrested, it's just the axe.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 11:09:01 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 11:09:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/19/2016 11:11:12 AM EDT by cobra-ak]
Right down the block from me, do you have a pic, I know all the Sweetwater cops by face

Florida Values FTMFW!!!!

I am in unincorporated Miami Dade, 2 blocks north is Doral cops, about 1 mile west is Sweetwater
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 11:09:56 AM EDT
Originally Posted By Tomislav:
That one bad apple sure seems to get around a lot...
View Quote
The 24 hour news cycle I'm sure has nothing to do with it.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 11:12:44 AM EDT
Everyone avoids Flagler and 107th cause Sweetwater has cameras
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 11:42:21 AM EDT

And on top of having all these small town Podunk local yokel cop juridstictions, 107th Avenue is Florida State Trooper controlled. I have seen the cop before
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 11:46:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/19/2016 11:49:52 AM EDT by cobra-ak]
Originally Posted By Aimless:
I've talked to cops that say the department expects x number of accidents per career/ 5 years etc

Lying is dumb but it's hard for people to just take it on the chin
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Aimless:
Originally Posted By scotchymcdrinkerbean:
Originally Posted By Tweek218:

Yup. Around here that would probably get him 15-30 days off depending on his driving record, unless it was really bad, in which case he could get the axe-----but the axe ain't arrested, it's just the axe.
I've talked to cops that say the department expects x number of accidents per career/ 5 years etc

Lying is dumb but it's hard for people to just take it on the chin
Are you a lawyer? Geeez you know my neck hurts, it hurts real bad. The bad policeman with the orange shirt and tactical vest that yelled at me. He said "Don't you square up on me , cuz" And now I have a limp, then there are guys that make fun of me and tease me all the time, Aimless Extorris All of them, and now I have PTSD
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 6:57:49 PM EDT

Reminds me of the two NYPD guys who got caught on camera fleeing the scene of an accident involving the guy they were chasing. Best part was the camera that caught them was a NYPD camera.
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 7:16:45 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Extorris:

Reminds me of the two NYPD guys who got caught on camera fleeing the scene of an accident involving the guy they were chasing. Best part was the camera that caught them was a NYPD camera.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Extorris:

You kind of slow down somewhat making a turn, but if he would have t-boned by someone going straight thru he could have been killed
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 7:04:30 AM EDT
Originally Posted By cobra-ak:
Right down the block from me, do you have a pic, I know all the Sweetwater cops by face
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/21/2016 7:14:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/21/2016 7:14:58 AM EDT by mean_sartin]
He should be forgiven. He was running code for thr betterment of the tribe.

Link Posted: 4/21/2016 7:20:05 AM EDT
If you can't be truthful, a cop job just isn't for you, might I suggest politician instead as they are expected to lie.
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 11:08:43 AM EDT
Originally Posted By fxntime:
If you can't be truthful, a cop job just isn't for you, might I suggest politician instead as they are expected to lie.
View Quote
Ha!!
Link Posted: 4/21/2016 11:11:39 AM EDT
Originally Posted By fxntime:
View Quote

LOL... In my experience lying on your police report seems like standard procedure.
Top Top