Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/8/2004 1:18:06 AM EDT
Ok guys, time to get serious about the next presidential term if Bush wins, well I should be saying WHEN he wins because it doesn't look like Kerry has a snowball's chance in hell of winning now.

I know I've always been thought of as the resident psycho, but please hear me out seriously for once...

Anyhow, Our goals as far need to be...

1.) Removal of the Import Ban
2.) Removal of the 86 Weapons Ban
3.) Removal of Barrel / Overall Length regulations

I believe the first two CAN be done via executive order since the Import Ban was just  that. Second one can because it was a rider amendment. I think that can be done.

Anyhow once Nov 2 passes it's time to get on the horn to CCRKBA, NRA, GOA and ANYONE ELSE who will listen. We need to start up a storm on these issues and get the president to listen. We CAN do this if we will just move our asses. I keep hearing all kinds of crap of "oh you're wasting your time" or "oh it'll never happen. you're kidding yourself."

Remember people who say things like that are defeatists and IDIOTS. They're lazy and pathetic and I'm telling you if we get TOGETHER and we really push this thing like we did with the AWB, we CAN get these things removed. Bush believes the 2nd is individual right, I think it's pretty obvious he was bluffing with the AWB promise as is, and with John Ashcroft and Dick Cheney out there who full-HEARTEDLY support the 2nd( I mean cheney is a class 3 owner after all) we CAN pull this off in the next four years. But we need to organize things now.

Message to Ed Avila Sr: I know we never got along, I know you know who I am so I'm not going to play, man, but I think it's time ar15.com started up a program to get this shit removed and to pretty much take the first step in this long journey. If we start advertising on this site and start making some calls(I'm willing to go buy a buttload of phone cards and get to calling these organizations) we can get this thing moving.

Phone Calls
E-Mails
Letters
Proxy through other organizations

I mean whatever it takes. We can do this...... So please guys(and girls) don't die out right now.

Remember, we just killed the DC ban...... So lets keep pushing it.

- Voldermortist

Someone tack this...
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 1:19:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Partner, you really need to relax more.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 1:19:16 AM EDT
[#2]
86? That would be the MG ban, the Lautenberg Ammendment to the Firearms Owners Protection Act, if memory serves.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 1:20:23 AM EDT
[#3]

Link Posted: 10/8/2004 1:22:43 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm pretty sure it can be removed via Executive Order. not sure yet. need to check up on it.

And no, I dont need to relax more, need to get moving, I'm not stopping just because the DC ban was removed and neither is MMM and Brady Whore. You think they're stopping to rest? They dont know the meaning of rest.

EDITED TO SAY: I see I've attracted all the defeatists, so where are the patriots?????
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 1:24:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Import ban is executive order, that one you can do.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 1:25:07 AM EDT
[#6]
well then lets do that one first. Then keep moving......

Going to get some phone cards and start calling NRA, maybe go downtown and talk to the NRA branch here in Houston. see what I can't dig up.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 1:26:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Frist targets should be National CCW and 89 Import Ban.

I could see getting some backing from companies on it.

86 would take alot more.

Try 89 first.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 1:26:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Chickens when they hatch.
Keep working on the campaign if you're in a swing state. That's far more important than laying out a possible agenda for the next 4 years. Particularly when that agenda depends on the election going the way you want.

First things first, even if you're supremely confident in the end result. It hasn't happened yet.

I'll check back on this thread Nov. 3

See you then.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 1:31:47 AM EDT
[#9]
1934 group?
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 11:02:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Just cuz I didnt want your thread to die:

BTT
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 11:04:02 PM EDT
[#11]
thanks =]
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 11:10:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top