Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 2/11/2013 11:22:55 AM EDT
Hello fellow pro-gun brothers! Colorado needs your help to stem the tide of liberals trying to turn this state into the next California.

We've not fallen, and have enough pro-gun democrats in the state legislature that this is NOT a waste of time. We CAN defeat these bills!

HB13-1224 Prohibiting “Large Capacity” Magazines
HB13-1229 Universal Background Checks

If this mag ban passes, it COULD potentially affect Magpul and their Pmags! It looks like they'll have to start date stamping them according to the bill
and it will likely raise prices, if they don't just up and move. We need to stop this in committee.

The UBC is obvious - gun registration.

We CAN beat these gun grabbers!

We need EVERYONE to email/call the house judicial committee which is hearing these bills TOMORROW! We'll have a lot of pro-gunners in attendance tomorrow
but out of state support is crucial! CO relies a lot on tourist income and it's important that they know they won't be getting your dollars.

Remember, our fight is your fight! We can knock these bills out!

Link to Hometown thread: http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_8_20/515547_LEGISLATIVE_ALERT___FIRST_COMMITTEE_HEARINGS_TUESDAY_12TH_AND_WEDNESDAY_13TH.html

Link to CO House Judiciary Committee: http://www.colorado.gov/cs/Satellite/CGA-LegislativeCouncil/CLC/1251634987738

Email for copy/pasta (entire house judiciary committee):

repkagan@gmail.com; pete.lee.house@state.co.us; john.buckner.house@state.co.us; lois.court.house@state.co.us; mike.mclachlan.house@state.co.us; brittany.pettersen.house@state.co.us; joseph.salazar.house@state.co.us; lois.landgraf.house@state.co.us; polly.lawrence.house@state.co.us; bob.gardner.house@state.co.us; murrayhouse45@gmail.com; jared.wright.house@state.co.us

Sample email:

Dear Honorable members of the Judicial Committee in the great state of Colorado:

I'd like to respectfully urge you to OPPOSE HB13-1224 Prohibiting “Large Capacity” Magazines and OPPOSE HB13-1229 Universal Background Checks.

These bills are destructive to the Second Amendment and the freedom of the people, as well as our ability to defend ourselves.

Larger capacity magazines are actually in many cases standard capacity for many firearms. These larger capacity magazines
allow defense of one's self against multiple armed attackers in the event of a home invasion situation and banning them would serve
no purpose other than to make it harder to defend one's self in that scenario. Also one of the nation's largest suppliers of standard (large) capacity
magazines, Magpul - who also supplies military and Law Enforcement, is here in Colorado and it would force them to move or retool their
production processes and likely the state would loose hundreds of jobs.

The Universal Background Check bill, while on the surface may seem like a feel good notion, will have little to no effect on those with criminal records getting
firearms illegally. They will continue to buy from other criminals who won't follow the law anyway. The universal background checks will also create a defacto
gun registration system in which all owners will be included. This is a slippery slope that in the future opens the way to confiscation and civil unrest. Please stop
this bill now so that this future will never come to pass. Simply put, this bill will accomplish nothing to keep guns out of the hands of dangerous people and will
simply increase the amount of red tape that legal, law abiding citizens must put up with to buy and sell firearms.

Thank you for taking the time to read my letter.

Sincerely,
-YOUR NAME HERE

PUT YOUR ADDRESS HERE

You can also add in something about your tourism dollars going elsewhere, etc.

PLEASE customize the letter if you want to use my outline, that way it doesn't look like a bunch of guys doing a form letter.

Thank you for hitting these bastards!
Link Posted: 2/11/2013 11:56:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 2/11/2013 12:01:14 PM EDT by Magpul]
Link Posted: 2/11/2013 11:57:07 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 10:45:35 AM EDT
I just emailed all of these legislaters and the CO govenor.

I don't live in CO but I did it anyway because I would hope that CO residents would do the same if my state goes crazy!

Good luck guys
Link Posted: 2/16/2013 10:51:04 AM EDT
i emailed the governor to tell him i'm cancelling my ski trip to CO, ...and why...

BTW, ...IMO, the way to deal w/ these progressive thugs, ..is to treat them as such... the mantra should be "WE WILL NOT TOLERATE YOUR BULLSHIT, ...WE WILL RESIST, ETC."... there is no use in trying to make rational arguments in defense of gun rights, ...all they will respond to is the threat to polarize the public and LEO against them...
Top Top