Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2009 11:54:24 AM EDT
FIREMISSION!!!!!!!! AND ONE THAT MAKES A DIFFERENCE!!!!! LETS SEE HOW MANY OF BLOOMBERG's MAYORS WE CAN GET TO RESCIND THEIR MEMBERSHIP!!!!

IF you are unfamiliar with MAIG CLICK HERE

In a nutshell, it is a organization with a false premise, they claim to be against Illegal guns, but almost all of the organization's stated goals are either to remove current laws and protections that legal gun owners have, and to institute new laws such as a New Federal Assault Weapons Ban, that would place further restrictions upon law abiding citizens. In fact, I would love to see one bill or law that they supported that was strictly to keep guns out of the hands of criminals and not an All out Assault on the law abiding citizen.

Many mayors who have signed on to this, have done so with out fully understanding that the intent of the group has nothing to do with its name which is a best misleading, and at worse a complete fallacy. That is why over 40 Mayors previously associated with the group have pulled out after letters from constituents explaining what the group is really about.
So What can you do???

Is your locality free from Mayors who have signed on to this sham of a group?, HOW ABOUT YOUR STATE?? Mine is! I will continue writing to the Mayors of my mother's state, however.

Click Here for an NRA article Regarding MAIG and the Member Mayors and a list of mayors by state.

Direct Link To Google MAP of Member Mayors  Green Tabs are of those Mayors who have rescinded their membership, Blue Tags are Current Members of Bloomberg's anti-gun group.

DO IT.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 12:00:01 PM EDT
[#1]
As if he's for legal guns, he's against illegal and legal guns, the name of his group is misleading, but that's how politics works
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 12:10:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top