Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 1/23/2002 7:30:53 PM EDT
The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms (ATF) has announced a new, simplified Federal Form 4473 that gun buyers must fill out when purchasing firearms from licensed dealers. The revised forms will be distributed to dealers within the next 30 days. Dealers will not have to contact ATF for an initial supply, and re-order forms will be included. The new version contains concise explanations in layman's terms of instructions and important notices for easier understanding by both the dealer and the purchaser. Changes to the form include new requirements regarding the transfer of firearms to legal aliens, and new restrictions on the transfer to non-immigrant aliens. According to John Badowski, NSSF's Director of Retail Partnerships, ATF officials will be explaining the new form at their booth during the upcoming SHOT SHOW, as well as at general seminar sessions during the SHOW. 1970 The Beatles split up. IBM introduces the floppy disk (invented by Yoshuito Nakamats in 1950). New English Bible launched, sells 1 million copies in first week.
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 7:37:01 PM EDT
Is this really progress? I wonder how many more boxes there will be to fill out on the "simplified" form--yeah, simplified for them--more things for people to mess up to make the ATF's job of finding "criminals" easier! Wishing they'd do away with all this nonsense...
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 7:37:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/23/2002 7:38:28 PM EDT by Schnert]
It warms my heart to know that illegal aliens will have an easier time buying weapons than me. I served in the US Army, have a clean record and mind my P's and Q's - however I get "delayed" on every NICS check, because I was born in Africa. Well, at least the illegals won't be hassled by racist laws and anti-PC forms![thinking]
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 7:45:45 PM EDT
Even though I'm against the state of Oregon ran background check, at least I don't get delayed for 1 or 2 days every time. When the feds ran it, I got delayed every time I bought something. I was told it was because I have a Commercial Drivers License. No blotches on my record, I mind my P's & Q's, and have a CHL.
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 8:47:19 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Schnert: It warms my heart to know that illegal aliens will have an easier time buying weapons than me. Well, at least the illegals won't be hassled by racist laws and anti-PC forms![thinking]
View Quote
what part of legal aliens did u miss?
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 8:53:01 PM EDT
cyrax777, As per your latest post "What part of LEGAL aliens did you miss?" I must regrettably answer all parts of legal aliens. You see, I am drinking and posting. [shock] Which means that I will not be able to be on time for my job enter views to-mor-ow and my peins will hert from pissin. P.S. Just joking![;D]
Top Top