Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 9/23/2004 2:47:33 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/23/2004 3:17:23 PM EST by thompsondd]
I'm looking for some type of link, but it was reported this morning on ATL radio (WSB AM750) that leaders of a local mosque had organized a memorial service for the Hensley family. It was a public memorial service tonight for Jack Hensley, one of the US civilians recently executed in Iraq.

The leaders made an announcement that they wanted to show that local Muslims were as outraged by these acts as most Americans are.

I'll put up a link as soon as I find one.

EDITED: No link yet, but it is printed on page A13 of todays Atlanta Journal/Constitution

"As interfaith memorial service - organized by the Islamic Center of Marietta and other Islamic organizations - is scheduled for 7pm today at the Marietta Square.

" Basically, we want to let our friends and neighbors around us know that these acts have no place in Islam, " said Amjad Taufique, a memeber of the board of Masjid Al-Hedaya Mosque in Marietta. "And we want to extend our condolences to the family, to show our support for them at a time like this.""

Well, it was buried on A13, but at least it made it in there.

UPDATE: Here's the LINK. Look for the spinning "NEW" button on the right.

Muslims in Georgia Hold Prayer Service for American Killed in Iraq
Muslim groups condemns murder of American hostages

Metro-Atlanta Muslims are holding a prayer service for Jack Hensley, the 48-year-old American killed in Iraq, in Marietta Square at 7PM on Thursday, September 23, 2004. This will be an interfaith service mourning the loss of the construction worker who would have been 49 today.

Muslim organizations including Masjid Al-Hedaya (Islamic center of Marietta), The Islamic Speakers Bureau, The Council on American-Islamic Relations of North Georgia (CAIR-NG), and other Georgia mosques have condemned the murder of Jack Hensley, a construction worker from Marietta, GA. The groups have also condemned the killing of American civil engineer Eugene Armstrong in Iraq and have called for the immediate release of all hostages currently held in that country. (More than 130 foreigners have been kidnapped recently in Iraq.)

Muslims from Georgia, including the groups above, join national calls by Muslims in the following statement:

"We condemn this latest act of murder in Iraq and repudiate those who would commit such atrocities. We also call for the immediate release of all hostages currently held in Iraq, whatever their nation of origin or faith."
"As American Muslims and people of conscience, we unequivocally reject the claim that any cause could possibly be advanced by the killing of civilians and offer our sincere condolences to the families of Mr. Hensley and Mr. Armstrong."

Masjid Al-Hedaya, ISB, and CAIR-NG recently launched a campaign called "Not in the Name of Islam," designed to disassociate Islam from the violent acts of a few Muslims.
Ads was published in the Atlanta Journal-Constitution and the Marietta Daily Journal on September 11th of this year.

The "Not in the Name of Islam" petition states:

"We, the undersigned Muslims, wish to state clearly that those who commit acts of terror, murder and cruelty in the name of Islam are not only destroying innocent lives, but are also betraying the values of the faith they claim to represent. No injustice done to Muslims can ever justify the massacre of innocent people, and no act of terror will ever serve the cause of Islam. We repudiate and dissociate ourselves from any Muslim group or individual who commits such brutal and un-Islamic acts. We refuse to allow our faith to be held hostage by the criminal actions of a tiny minority acting outside the teachings of both the Quran and the Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him."

Link Posted: 9/23/2004 2:57:55 PM EST
Interfaith is a misnomer in this case, and Christians are barred from worshiping the false (moon) god of Islam.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 3:00:07 PM EST
Do I have the first for my Sig Line
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 3:05:36 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/23/2004 3:05:46 PM EST by r1tual]
This is BS and insulting.

Link Posted: 9/23/2004 3:05:47 PM EST

Originally Posted By AeroE:
Interfaith is a misnomer in this case, and Christians are barred from worshiping the false (moon) god of Islam.

It is an 'interfaith' service ORGANIZED by local muslims for that very reason.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 3:06:18 PM EST

same god...right?
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 3:07:42 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/23/2004 3:07:56 PM EST by thompsondd]

Originally Posted By r1tual:

Some of them finally take some action and you raise the BS flag? Please explain.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 3:10:32 PM EST

Originally Posted By 87gn:

same god...right?

NO!
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 3:11:13 PM EST

Originally Posted By 87gn:

same god...right?

Link Posted: 9/23/2004 3:11:26 PM EST
Here it is, in full...

Muslims in Georgia Hold Prayer Service for American Killed in Iraq
Muslim groups condemns murder of American hostages

Metro-Atlanta Muslims are holding a prayer service for Jack Hensley, the 48-year-old American killed in Iraq, in Marietta Square at 7PM on Thursday, September 23, 2004. This will be an interfaith service mourning the loss of the construction worker who would have been 49 today.

Muslim organizations including Masjid Al-Hedaya (Islamic center of Marietta), The Islamic Speakers Bureau, The Council on American-Islamic Relations of North Georgia (CAIR-NG), and other Georgia mosques have condemned the murder of Jack Hensley, a construction worker from Marietta, GA. The groups have also condemned the killing of American civil engineer Eugene Armstrong in Iraq and have called for the immediate release of all hostages currently held in that country. (More than 130 foreigners have been kidnapped recently in Iraq.)

Muslims from Georgia, including the groups above, join national calls by Muslims in the following statement:

"We condemn this latest act of murder in Iraq and repudiate those who would commit such atrocities. We also call for the immediate release of all hostages currently held in Iraq, whatever their nation of origin or faith."
"As American Muslims and people of conscience, we unequivocally reject the claim that any cause could possibly be advanced by the killing of civilians and offer our sincere condolences to the families of Mr. Hensley and Mr. Armstrong."

Masjid Al-Hedaya, ISB, and CAIR-NG recently launched a campaign called "Not in the Name of Islam," designed to disassociate Islam from the violent acts of a few Muslims. Ads was published in the Atlanta Journal-Constitution and the Marietta Daily Journal on September 11th of this year.

The "Not in the Name of Islam" petition states:

"We, the undersigned Muslims, wish to state clearly that those who commit acts of terror, murder and cruelty in the name of Islam are not only destroying innocent lives, but are also betraying the values of the faith they claim to represent. No injustice done to Muslims can ever justify the massacre of innocent people, and no act of terror will ever serve the cause of Islam. We repudiate and dissociate ourselves from any Muslim group or individual who commits such brutal and un-Islamic acts. We refuse to allow our faith to be held hostage by the criminal actions of a tiny minority acting outside the teachings of both the Quran and the Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him."
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 3:14:22 PM EST
Thank you Shaggy. Having Java problems tonight and the link wouldn't work for me.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 3:15:32 PM EST
"We repudiate and dissociate ourselves from any Muslim group or individual who commits such brutal and un-Islamic acts."

Great, just what we need, another Muslem faction to keep an eye on.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 3:17:53 PM EST
Three years and twelve days late by my count.
If I was a Hensley, I would go to their fucking meeting and whip my dick out and piss on the floor. Then I'd say I'm sorry.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 3:23:45 PM EST
fvck that.

Those people have come out of the closet in Cobb Co. and you are pissing on them.

Screw you. They are honest hard working Americanos just like you (hopefully).

I support them.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 4:56:04 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/23/2004 4:57:04 PM EST by thompsondd]
"where's the outrage........where's the outrage" - how many times has that question been raised here?

Some of you really need to figure out which way you f%$#^@* want it.

Link Posted: 9/23/2004 5:01:04 PM EST

Originally Posted By thompsondd:
"where's the outrage........where's the outrage" - how many times has that question been raised here?

no shit. the 'kill em all' types bitch that no Muslims are publicly condemning these acts, and then when they do they bitch about that. Sounds to me that the "kill em all" types are just biggots. Leaves me to wonder who else is on their hate list.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 5:16:52 PM EST
Bump....bout time!
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 5:19:06 PM EST
Well, if you buy into this ruse, you ought to at least take a "trust but verify" approach. Just in case, that is ...

By the way, any apologetic Muslems are a little late with the olive branches.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 5:21:40 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 5:27:14 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/23/2004 5:29:17 PM EST by Synister1]
To those who that are calling (BS - piss on them, etc) Screw you. This is what everybody's been waiting for, It's about time a group of islamics mustered up the courage to step forward and denounce the dispicable actions commited by some of their fellow islamics, yet you now refuse to accept it.

Yes one group might not sould like much, but it's a start. The US got it's independace because a few from the colonies decided they wanted to be free from england. It wasn't a unanomous decision among all people in the colonies.

Sometimes you need to let go of some hate like it or not. These people have shown a desire try and reconcile with the public and apologize on behalf of islamics.

Link Posted: 9/23/2004 5:31:19 PM EST

Originally Posted By ilikelegs:
Well now that this one group of Muslims from Georgia has spoken out, it makes everything right now.

Now if they can just get at least .25% of the rest of the worlds population of muslims together to do the
same, then I will be impressed.

+1

A for effort though.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 5:47:34 PM EST

Damn straight!

Originally Posted by captainpooby
Three years and twelve days late by my count.
If I was a Hensley, I would go to their fucking meeting and whip my dick out and piss on the floor. Then I'd say I'm sorry.

Right on!

Well, if you buy into this ruse, you ought to at least take a "trust but verify" approach. Just in case, that is ...

By the way, any apologetic Muslems are a little late with the olive branches.

Absolutely!

Now BlammO's take: It's too little, too late. But let's give them the benefit of the doubt for now and see how this insignificant minority acts, now that they've spoken. They're deeply involved in a religion that is a cesspool of hatred and a pox on humanity. I have no doubt that there are Muslims who are good people (in a secular way), but the burden of demonstrating Islam's redeeming qualities (if there are any) is squarely on their shoulders. It's up to them to clean house. So let's see some action. Talk is cheap. And words without substance are meaningless.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 5:54:38 PM EST

Originally Posted By r1tual:

Some of them finally take some action and you raise the BS flag? Please explain.

If your too uneducated to know what Islam religion is then it is not my problem.

The Koran in its entirety can be read here.

Link Posted: 9/23/2004 7:33:14 PM EST
Those statements are just P.R. bullshit. Those muslims could really care less about the former lives and families of the beheaded victims. All they care about is salvaging the Islamic faith so that they don't look like the "bad guys". Of course they condemn the atrocities that fanatics are commiting in the name of Allah and I might actually believe it, if it wasn't for the fact that the Koran states specifically to "conquer the infidel". I think it is "too little, too late"... if they really cared, they would be openly collaborating with the U.S. government in efforts to try and kill/capture these terrorists. But Hell no, all they do is say that "muslims around the world don't condone these acts"... well, listen up Cpt. Rag Head.. why don't you go fuckee fuck yourself!? Islamic fanaticism IS the problem and terrorism will not subside until Islamic fanaticism is crippled. Those are my two cents and if the P.C. world doesn't like it then they can kiss my ass.

"People sleep peacably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

GRH - God's Right Hand - "Hold No Quarter. Feel No Remorse."
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 7:39:17 PM EST

Three years and twelve days late.

They have some making up to do that frankly, is too late to make up for.

Get it?
Top Top