Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/27/2005 8:24:03 PM EDT
I just received my ffl application in the mail, the batf sent the forms within five days of initial request, that was suprising, from all I have read about batf, now the questions, I currently have my own corp. it is a sub-s, I own a conv. store, and I am going to build a larger building, with three other stores with it (strip mall), I want to open a gun store in one of the three spaces, it will be down the road a bit, but I think I could go ahead and get ffl, through the existing corp. does anyone have any experience with this?   also do you have to have a store front to have a ffl?  do you have to actually be a dealer to get ffl? if so can you still use your home as a place of business? right now it wouldn't be practical to have a gun shop in a conv. store, that goes without saying! ANY HELP, ADVICE, HINTS, COMMENTS WOLD ALL BE APPRECIATED!
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 3:48:42 AM EDT
[#1]
tag

I'm considering something similar.  I'd like some input as well
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 4:38:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I emailed you, let me know if you hear anything, and I'll keep you up todate.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 2:22:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Got it...
I'll let you know if I hear anything.  
Thanks
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 5:25:52 AM EDT
[#4]
NO, THANKYOU! seriously I am going to start the process after the first of the year, and I will keep you updated through email on what is happening, ThANKS ALAN
Link Posted: 1/3/2006 7:54:51 PM EDT
[#5]
I just got my FFL stuff the other day. I will have it all done and when I move into my house I will send it off.
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 11:38:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 11:42:09 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I just received my ffl application in the mail, the batf sent the forms within five days of initial request, that was suprising, from all I have read about batf, now the questions, I currently have my own corp. it is a sub-s, I own a conv. store, and I am going to build a larger building, with three other stores with it (strip mall), I want to open a gun store in one of the three spaces, it will be down the road a bit, but I think I could go ahead and get ffl, through the existing corp. does anyone have any experience with this?   also do you have to have a store front to have a ffl?  do you have to actually be a dealer to get ffl? if so can you still use your home as a place of business? right now it wouldn't be practical to have a gun shop in a conv. store, that goes without saying! ANY HELP, ADVICE, HINTS, COMMENTS WOLD ALL BE APPRECIATED!

you do not have to have a storefront to have an FFL

obtaining an FFL is 90% about zoning.  check into that before you do anything else.

you must be in the business for profit in order to obtain an FFL
Link Posted: 1/24/2006 11:43:50 AM EDT
[#8]
also, you have to have a set-in-stone address.  you won't be able to say, "it'll be over there somewhere"
Link Posted: 1/25/2006 10:56:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Thanks, I'm still working on buying the property next to my current store, the seller's other deal fell through, killing our deal. I was working on the financing, and Holidays, so I still haven't done the paper work. I have researched it, and zoning does seem to be at the top of their list, and as far as business hours, I was told you could put by appointment? Also, my current store would work, you are not reqired to stock items for sell, as long as you document all transactions, if a gun is logged in, it better be there, unless it is logged out, also, need an alarm, and safe, which I currently have.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top