Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 5/8/2002 8:02:49 AM EST
This taken from the ATF Part 178-Commerce in Firearms and Ammunition Information Papers. This is from the definitions: " Business Premisis - The property on which the manufacturing or importing of firearms or ammunition or the dealing of firearms is or will be conducted. A private dwelling, no part of which is open to the public, shall not be recogonized as coming within the meaning of the term." Does this mean that you cannot get an FFL for dealing out of your house? Are you required to have a real place of business aside from a home office? Thanks for any clarification. CHZ
Link Posted: 5/8/2002 9:52:05 AM EST
It means you have to open a portion of your home to public, during your listed business hours, in order to conduct an FFL business from your home. You also must meet any city, county or state zoning requirements which exist. If you comply with those requirements, then you can have an FFL from your private residence.
Top Top