Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 1/4/2002 6:45:55 AM EST
Can you make any money by getting a ffl and just charging money to send and recieve firearms? Not even having any guns.
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 7:08:24 AM EST
I recoup my license fees, if nothing else. I am currently charging $15 per long gun and $20 per handgun (additional State license required here), plus additional fees if its a new gun I have to submit for test firing to the State Police. I'm up for renewal in April, so it'll be interesting to see how much stricter they've gotten. Every renewal has gotten more complex.
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 7:40:13 AM EST
Do you need to get licensed with the state too? Or is the FFL all you need to send and recieve guns? And how much is the license fee?
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 7:45:16 AM EST
[url]http://www.recguns.com/III1.html[/url] here is an interesting, but probably out of date link.
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 8:00:06 AM EST
That is very out of date! Go to the BATF website to view the current requirements. It is $200 for 3 years and $30 per year after that. You have to get the supreme law enforcement official (Police Chief or Sheriff?) to ok you getting it before you can apply. I think the application has a place for your tax ID# on it. All the info is there except the actual forms that you fill out because they want you to call or write for them. I have been thinking about getting one myself. I just don't know for sure yet. BigDozer66
Link Posted: 1/4/2002 8:01:56 AM EST
I have to get a state dealers license to sell handguns , which is an additional $85 every 3 years.
Top Top