Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/23/2003 7:02:50 AM EDT
I have a handgun that I sent to a dealer out-of-state on a trade.  Well the trade fell through and the gun is coming back.  It is being sent to my FFL dealer.  My question is how do we handle the transfer?  I have already secured the required permit to purchase when I originally bought the gun so it is mine.  But how does the dealer handle it on his books?  We are both at a loss on this.  Please advise.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 7:29:42 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't believe the you need a Recieving FFL is this transaction...The sending FFL should return it DIRECTLY to you.

FYI-you also didn't need him to send it to the buyers FFL.  You could have done that direct.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 7:37:57 AM EDT
[#2]
I did not send it through my FFL.  I sent it direct.  But I beleive he is returning it through my FFL
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 7:42:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I did not send it through my FFL.  I sent it direct.  But I beleive he is returning it through my FFL
View Quote

No need for an FFL on your side.  The need to an FFL on the "buyer's" side is to legally transfer the weapon to the buyer.  No buyer no need for an FFL on your side.  It's just a return to the legal owner.  This is the same if you sent a weapon to a gunsmith for work.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 8:39:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top