Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/16/2011 11:18:13 AM EDT
I'm dying over here. NEVER take Zinc on an empty stomach. I've read that Zinc+acid = bubbles => pain. I'm just trying to ride it out right now. If anyone has suggestions, I'm all ears. I was thinking milk maybe, to counter the acid :?
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 11:21:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Burping and farting are the best natural remedies.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 11:22:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Beano.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 11:22:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Vicodin and gin
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 11:29:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Tiger blood... works for Charlie Sheen!
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 11:40:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 11:41:39 AM EDT
[#6]
You're gonna die.
Dibs on guns, ammo, gold and other valuables.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 11:44:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Metallic Zn and HCl (stomach acid), produces H2 gas and ZnCl2(aq).

Don't light a match when you are burping. Why were you taking metallic zinc?
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 11:44:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 12:01:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
It's not so much ACID.  It's that ZINC BINDS TO SOFT TISSUE MEMBRANES.

In other words, without some FOOD or something to dislodge it, or surround it, ZINC will bind to the tissues & lining in your stomach, and quickly eat it away - and the result will be ULCER.

I made the mistake of chewing a Zinc-containing cough drop in half, and swallowing them - on an empty stomach right before bed.  Woke up in terrible pain...

One half of the exposed zinc cough drop stuck in my throat, the other stuck to the side of my stomach.  They formed ulcers that started bleeding.  It was rather painful & unpleasant.

Then later in life, my wife tells me I should take Zinc, and Folic Acid to help improve chances of conceiving a kid?!?!?  

Fuck NO!   Not taking any fucking Zinc!  

I've heard Charlie Sheen helps for this.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top